Nick is delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick is delisted

plugger66 wrote:
I havent heard us being painted as the bad guys at all apart from Conners who is only doing his job. Matter of fact on SEN today they all agreed that there was no issue at all with our club. They also saw Conner point of view. I think you find that apart Conners, Winmar and the AFLPA no one thinks we are the bad guys at all. And unless Conners manages Anthony I didnt think he should or would give a stuff.
you must be taking the piss .... the AFLPA are saying they are looking into the case that we dealt with him unfairly , Conners makes mention of us doing the dirty .. every newspaper is pushing Conners story on the matter it stinks of "St Kilda in crisis" stuff that the media love to report on ... again did we see anywhere any negative reports on how Freo dealt with Anthony .. as for why Conners should give a stuff well it sets a precedent instead of getting his panties in a bunch over nicks delisting maybe he should take a wider look and see this happens to lots of players

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I havent heard us being painted as the bad guys at all apart from Conners who is only doing his job. Matter of fact on SEN today they all agreed that there was no issue at all with our club. They also saw Conner point of view. I think you find that apart Conners, Winmar and the AFLPA no one thinks we are the bad guys at all. And unless Conners manages Anthony I didnt think he should or would give a stuff.
you must be taking the piss .... the AFLPA are saying they are looking into the case that we dealt with him unfairly , Conners makes mention of us doing the dirty .. every newspaper is pushing Conners story on the matter it stinks of "St Kilda in crisis" stuff that the media love to report on ... again did we see anywhere any negative reports on how Freo dealt with Anthony .. as for why Conners should give a stuff well it sets a precedent instead of getting his panties in a bunch over nicks delisting maybe he should take a wider look and see this happens to lots of players

Sorry but I dont see that at all. The paper has said what happened but not once have they suggested we did the wrong thing. And not once today on SEN has it been suggested we did the wrong thing. I said AFLPA have said something is wrong as well as Conners but neither would be doing their job properly if they didnt say that. As for Anthony it was before the draft and he got special permission to enter the main draft. Still dont see why Conners would care about Anthony and even if he did how would he tell us? He should care about his player which he does.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If he is any good, wouldn't SOS know about it?

He has been on our list a while, and would of been under Steven when he was our defensive coach?

If he is moving to Sydney, he should try and get GWS to notice him.

kos
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
kos wrote:The stkilda football club is not the first club to delist a player after the national draft. If it was collingwood delisting a guy we would not even remember his name.

Why? The way i see it it would be even bigger news.
Why would it be bigger news, it would be a matter of not good enough!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kos wrote:The stkilda football club is not the first club to delist a player after the national draft. If it was collingwood delisting a guy we would not even remember his name.

Why? The way i see it it would be even bigger news.
Why would it be bigger news, it would be a matter of not good enough!

Well if it was the same manager it would be bigger news because they are a bigger club. Pretty simple really.

Middo
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Middo wrote:Geez Ameet must have been telling fibs on SEN this morning cause sounds like he had plenty of warning , and I'm sure he knows more than us...just taking a line from someone else ....

what did Ameet say? as the audio on SEN is not correct.

Basically that he has been given every chance and his manager has been kept up to date on all fronts ...Club advised he needed to pull his finger out ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

probably a managerial tactic to give the impression his player is baffled and wrong-done-by in order to give him a chance of getting picked up again.

if it is all smoothio a didlio who is going to feel it is a club v player issue? no one.

they will just think he is not good enough. which, obviously, is resoundingly the case.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:probably a managerial tactic to give the impression his player is baffled and wrong-done-by in order to give him a chance of getting picked up again.
Conners suggestion that the club failed him probably detracts from the possibility that he has failed him as a Manager.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
millarsaint wrote:probably a managerial tactic to give the impression his player is baffled and wrong-done-by in order to give him a chance of getting picked up again.
Conners suggestion that the club failed him probably detracts from the possibility that he has failed him as a Manager.

Surely managers arent responsible for a player putting in the hard yards.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Middo wrote:Geez Ameet must have been telling fibs on SEN this morning cause sounds like he had plenty of warning , and I'm sure he knows more than us...just taking a line from someone else ....

what did Ameet say? as the audio on SEN is not correct.
try the saints link
http://www.saints.com.au/multimedia/tab ... fault.aspx

and article
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Conners suggestion that the club failed him probably detracts from the possibility that he has failed him as a Manager.

Surely managers arent responsible for a player putting in the hard yards.
Just saying.

At the end of the day it's the players fault. The club's story seems to be that Winmar was struggling; was on thin ice; needed to improve. The club says that Connors was kept fully informed of what was going on.

Now if Winmar, for whatever reason, was unable to reach certain levels that ensured his career was safe for 2013, whose fault is that? Well of course it's Winmar's. But if Connors wants to paint St Kilda as the villain in all this then arguments could be made that he failed to fully get his player fully committed and motivated. Did he explain to his player exactly how dire the situation was and what he needed to do to try and stay on the list? He is supposed to manage the player's career after all.

Look, I'm not blaming Connors at all. But it makes just as much sense as him blaming the club. It all starts and stops with the player.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

If we don't get our mature KPP I hope we at least look at Colquhoun again he is old school and just knows how to play natural footy. Can't believe this guy has slipped through the cracks. 17 and averaging over 28 possessions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He's gone, just get over it, he wasn't going to win us a premiership.
Nick is a really nice bloke, but I don't think he has the determination to be an AFL player.
Better that he get's on with his life, and I hope he succeeds in whatever field he pursues.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I still remember the "headlines" a couple of years ago when Steve Gaernter "walked out on the Saints".

He was of course only a rookie, and he actually "walked out on the AFL" not just the Saints. Nonetheless it was written up as a "something's wrong in Denmark (Seaford)" moment :roll:
What's wrong in Denmark?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Tell me one club who would have picked up Winmar in the national draft??????

That's right, a big fat zero on that one.

Connors knows that, and Winmar knows that.

So why the hell go sooking about the timing of the de-listing? Winmar has the same opportunity to get drafted as he did before, except for the fact that everyone knows that he came back to pre-season training with an unsatisfactory level of fitness. He'll get his 2013 contract money and an opportunity to get picked up over the next week or so.

The issue here is Connors is spewing that his client's name has been tarnished by the public revelation of his unsatisfactory preparation. No-one else's fault but his own, though. Had Connors not blown off about it, the club would not have been required to provide a public justification for the the decision.

I see this as no different to other de-listings. It happens every year and it's happened at every club over the years. That's why the AFL has list lodgement number two. Don't blame St Kilda, as this is a standard part of the AFL draft and trade process, approved under AFL rules, and every player and manager knows that this kind of thing occurs each year.

St Kilda has no case to answer.

End of story

kos
Club Player

Omg collingwood delisted Peter yagmoor after 1 season and 2 games. There is a 3rd list lodgement for a reason! Yes I know they are going to rookie him but I'm still amazed at the reaction we received for delisting a third year player before a legal list
Lodgement who was showing nothing to suggest he was going to improve.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote: Basically that he has been given every chance and his manager has been kept up to date on all fronts ...Club advised he needed to pull his finger out ..
hmmm that sounds suspiciously close to this

Spinner wrote:
skeptic wrote:My guess is

it's been reported on here that Watters was going to force Winmar to work the hardest he ever has to get him up to the standard he needs to be.

GT tried this apporach with Cayden Beetham. Cayden quit. IMO Winmar pbly demonstrated that he wasn't willing to work hard enough - most likely wasn't doing the things he was meant to when on his own. Hence they cut him.

Post the draft won't make any difference. Nobody will touch him

That is one of the most stupid things I have read here.

So you basically just constructed that whole scenario.

just saying spinner

defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dont know what ya on about. also anthony was different, the decision was made prior to the draft!!!