Cripps requests trade to West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

paddy
Club Player

Re: Cripps requests trade to West Coast

samuraisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Because Ruckmen are rare every year 50 new midfielders enter the draft you would be lucky to get 5 decent rucks ... Potential wise Zac has more scope to be a star then Cripps has .. The only reason he was out of the freo team all year is cause Ross was more in favour of Kepler (god knows why) just like at st Kilda when Ross played guys like Polo & eddy over Armo and Steven
Than can somebody explain to me whay we used our first round draft pick on him then? I reckon play hard ball. Take the ruckman if they really want Cripps. If they won't trade, stuff them.
only problem is... now that he has nominated WCE as his desired club, they can give us nothing, and he can just enter the draft.... a la c/wood and ball....

it really does put us over a barrel a bit, because it leaves us with very little negotiating power...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No, it doesn't. We shop him around and he goes to the highest bidder - or he goes into the draft and whoever picks him first gets him - probably Freo or Port. If West Coast do anything dodgy report it to the AFL - we don't have to take that. We'll take Quentin Lynch thanks.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:No, it doesn't. We shop him around and he goes to the highest bidder - or he goes into the draft and whoever picks him first gets him - probably Freo or Port. If West Coast do anything dodgy report it to the AFL - we don't have to take that. We'll take Quentin Lynch thanks.
Would be ideal in our forward line

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still want to know how Collingwood can sign Lynch when they have just committed to paying Cloke so much. I know he went on about Carlton doing it but surely Eddie has started putting paper bags with money in them around the place. i hope the AFL is looking at the Pies cap.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Lynch is linked to Carlton...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:Lynch is linked to Carlton...

heaps are saying he's already committed to the Pies so you would think some big bucks must have gone his way not to entertain Carlton who need a key forward.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I still want to know how Collingwood can sign Lynch when they have just committed to paying Cloke so much. I know he went on about Carlton doing it but surely Eddie has started putting paper bags with money in them around the place. i hope the AFL is looking at the Pies cap.

They can have Lynch the blokes a donkey. Other than 2010 every premiership side has gone in with two ruckman. I dont get the demand for these so called forward pinch hit types. Dont forget that in 2010 we lost our number one ruckman in the drawn game.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I was told that Collingwood approached him- he followed them as a kid because Russo is his uncle. They arranged to screw the system with threats to the AFL on restraint of trade before the Free trade came in and they were allowed to manipulate the system. Ball did a really shitty thing to us and the AFL by not following the system that is designed balance the comp by providing compensation. To me he lost all his hard earned respect the way he handled it. he might have been pissed with Lyon but he let down his fans and the club. Ordinary bloke.
I doubt any club is going to go the restraint of trade angle...it has the potential to ruin the competition, not much good if you are the only club in the comp, with all the best players but no one to play

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
saint6709
Club Player

I would take Zac Clarke for cripps in a heartbeat. - but agree with st trav - think we would need to add some steak knives to that deal

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:I was told that Collingwood approached him (Ball) - he followed them as a kid because Russo is his uncle......
Your info is wrong I believe. Ball followed Hawthorn, read an article when he was interviewed before the ND, he was hoping to be drafted by the bigtime Hawker.

Russo was the uncle, but what connection did Russo have to Coll? Played for Hawker and Saints.

I may even still have that part of the paper as I keep a lot of draft info........
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sun 30 Sep 2012 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
gringo wrote:I was told that Collingwood approached him (Ball) - he followed them as a kid because Russo is his uncle......
Your info is wrong I believe. Ball followed Hawthorn, read an article when he was interviewed before the ND, he was hoping to be drafted by the bigtime Hawker.

Russo was the uncle, but what connection did Russo have to Coll?

I may even still have that part of the paper as I keep a lot of draft info........

No connection to the Pies:

* Russo played 162 games at the Hawks and 33 for the saints.

* Lukes Grandfather also played for the Saints.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Cripps for Darling ...... Straight swap

They went around the same mark in the 2010 draft..... Seems fair enough. We would lose a bit, as we obviously rate him a touch higher than Jack. But I think we'd be willing to take a hit.

Seriously,

No loss, obviously no secret I didn't rate him... Lacks ticker and is a good ordinary at best anyway..

Mitch Brown in a minute

saintkid
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Russo was the uncle, but what connection did Russo have to Coll?

No connection to the Pies:

* Russo played 162 games at the Hawks and 33 for the saints.

* Lukes Grandfather also played for the Saints.

Luke's mum is a Russo. She is Peter Russo's sister.