Delistings and retirements

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Delistings and retirements

So its now official that Archer, Peake, Polo and Crocker have all been delisted.

Wont be a suprise to many IMHO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Jackson actually lives in Western Sydney, and misses home an awful lot.

What is great though, is that he has moved in with a couple of young guys, and seems optimistic about breaking into the side.

I'd say the club will call him in and promise him an elevation sooner rather than later.
Nice one K . I think we should promote Ferg or trade him to GWS for a first rounder. I say promote and keep. He is 194cm and we have developed him.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

In 2 years time, the teams that are crap now, probably aren't going to be crap anymore. Gold Coast & GWS will probably have more talented players than any other side, they are just a few years away from showing it. Richmond and Brisbane are definitely building good sides, the Dogs have some exciting FS picks coming through, The dees… well who knows when they are going to start winning, but it will happen - they'll have a good amount of top 5 pick players which is a good start.

We always get excited about our own players potential, but we don't spend much time considering how much the other sides will improve too. The team is completely held together by six 29-32 year olds, when they are gone we are really going to struggle (and then we build again).[/quote]

Agree! I believe our future success will be based on a great deal of luck from the draft and trading and if we are smart enough, free agency.

Because as said above, it's not about our players being just good, its whether they can be BETTER than the players from other clubs.

I hope I am wrong, but once Roo and lendog and the once in a lifetime fp Milney go, we'll be watching prelims from the couch for many many years.

We had our time in the sun with 2 years of priority draft picks and 3 or 4 years of getting multiple first round dps.

We know we can never have that sort of double dipping ever again.

Now the recruiting department have to REALLY start earning their dough !

SideshowMilne
Club Player

If Blake goes maybe he could leave his zest for a contest in Kosi's locker?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Hurricane wrote:So its now official that Archer, Peake, Polo and Crocker have all been delisted.

Wont be a suprise to many IMHO

BANG BANG
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Don't like to see anyone jettisoned, but none of these are real surprises. Shame that Crocker didn't come on, and I had a lot of time for Peake.
Wonder whether there's more to come, and when/if they promote Rookies ....

And good on you for not starting another thread on delistings :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So you honestly think we could make the top 4 next year? We lost to every side in the 8 and only beat one side in the 8. Our stars are older and our stars still win the games for us.
Yes, but they are reinvigorated with the introduction of some new young players and the new game plan is a breath of fresh air.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So you honestly think we could make the top 4 next year? We lost to every side in the 8 and only beat one side in the 8. Our stars are older and our stars still win the games for us.
Yes, but they are reinvigorated with the introduction of some new young players and the new game plan is a breath of fresh air.

But that all happened this year anyway.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Nice one K . I think we should promote Ferg or trade him to GWS for a first rounder. I say promote and keep. He is 194cm and we have developed him.
Turn it up Con, a first round draft pick for an untried rookie, at any rate GWS can probably take him for free as an uncontracted player.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Nice one K . I think we should promote Ferg or trade him to GWS for a first rounder. I say promote and keep. He is 194cm and we have developed him.
Turn it up Con, a first round draft pick for an untried rookie, at any rate GWS can probably take him for free as an uncontracted player.
T Walsh was an avg rookie who was worth a second rounder from memory and Ferg has more upside than Walsh IMO. First round was slightly tongue in cheek though I am guessing.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

But that all happened this year anyway.
Have a bit of hope you sour old bugga.

It's off season.

Time to dream of what might be.

We have some exciting young talent coming through to go with a hardened core.

If we start well and get some momentum up then look out.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
dragit wrote:Turn it up Con, a first round draft pick for an untried rookie, at any rate GWS can probably take him for free as an uncontracted player.
T Walsh was an avg rookie who was worth a second rounder from memory and Ferg has more upside than Walsh IMO. First round was slightly tongue in cheek though I am guessing.
walsh was an "average rookie"? nice hindsight, mate! remember the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here when he was traded? let's be honest, we all thought he was going to be a very good player. and he still might be - he's getting games for a club that finished top four.

i've got no idea how good ferguson might be, but given that he's apparently a mid-size defender, and we have hundreds of those, i wouldn't be completely surprised if we let him go. if that happened and we got gws's second round pick as compensation, pick 20 or so, then i think we'd be behind on the deal but not by a long way.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:if that happened and we got gws's second round pick as compensation, pick 20 or so, then i think we'd be behind on the deal but not by a long way.
We'd be miles ahead if we got a pick anywhere near 20…

More likely to get a pick somewhere over 50 IMO - third or fourth round, He's a rookie who has had one decent season at VFL level.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Blake and Kosi should both be retired, regardless.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Blake and Kosi should both be retired, regardless.
careful....you'll incite THEM

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D