Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Rendell to be sacked by Crows?

tweedaletomanning wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Why is always AD and Trigg that are telling us all over and over again that Mifsud was greatly offended...

They keep speaking on behalf of him... Every time they bring it up, they make out as if he's more offended that the last mention of it... He must've been so offended that he's since fallen into a coma and can't speak for himself... What a puppet..

Disgrace.
Brilliant work Sobraz! Exactly what I'm thinking.
I'm getting the rather tawdry impression that Ali Fakour bullied Misfud into dobbing in Rendell in the first place - pressing him to pretend that he felt aggrieved so satisfy Farkour's own misguided sense of racial outrage.
Geez, he sounds like a sneaky fakour :wink:
:lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Geez this is a classy debate. I heard Clive Palmer thinks there is a conspiracy that guys like Demitriou, Farkour and Mifsud have strange foreign names which means they are part of a terrorist conspiracy to destroy the Football industry. You won't find a guy with a nickname like "Bundy" being all foreign and that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Geez this is a classy debate. I heard Clive Palmer thinks there is a conspiracy that guys like Demitriou, Farkour and Mifsud have strange foreign names which means they are part of a terrorist conspiracy to destroy the Football industry. You won't find a guy with a nickname like "Bundy" being all foreign and that.

What about the surname Bundy though? One was a serial killer and one was a downtrodden guy Married with Children.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Jason to tell all tonight on Ch2.

So when Rendell put his comments into context, little did he know at the time, but it was actually the context that was offensive.

I just hope tonight he encourages people to still talk about it, because for every poor (but well intended) attempt at helping, I am sure there are plenty of really good ideas that could lost now as people are fearful of offending.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It's always entertaining listening to the fancy white folk from the city battin' the breeze.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Speaking of racism!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mifsud comments just make him out to be the dog he is. If you were so offended, why did you not say anything at the time?

With supposed mates like you, who would need enemies.

Self serving twat.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Mifsud comments just make him out to be the dog he is. If you were so offended, why did you not say anything at the time?

Self serving twat.
Indeed.

In sure Dimwit will promote him and given him a big pay rise though.

That's how the AFL work.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Mifsud comments just make him out to be the dog he is. If you were so offended, why did you not say anything at the time?

Self serving twat.
Indeed.

That's how the AFL work.

Can you give us examples?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Mifsud need to come out and look emotional on telly so that he gets the public on his side. Then this soap opera can heat up a little.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Self serving twat.
Indeed.

That's how the AFL work.

Can you give us examples?
Don't know about examples of the above, but huge double standards in play at the AFL.

Dipper v Wanganeen anyone?

This whole thing makes me angry and the Mifsud comments are just a red rag to a bull. Gutless piece of crap comments. He might not be a dog person, but this sure is a dog act. He should be ashamed of his actions, not proud.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

putting 2 things together.
i found it very strange waylen manson could not even get rookied.
so i suspect that an element of racism (or whatever u want to call it) has crept in to afl recruiting. No question matt rendell is not alone in his view and I think the proof is in the pudding come draft time. So maybe Misfud did the right thing to highlight this rather than letting it just go under the radar or be swept under the carpet in a conspiracy of silence?

just a thought peeps.

p.s id have loved to have seen manson rookied to the saints. 18 - 195cm.

PJ
SS Life Member

Matt's R's words were and are ignorant.

Why would an indigenous man like Mifsud be offended by someone suggesting 2 indigenous people can't bring up a child to the AFL's standards? The idea is so stupid -

Clearly ignorant. Fancy saying that and then suggesting they be offered a place at a western and largly white college - stolen generation anyone.

The reaction from the public suggests that we are way behind in our education - people that are attacking Mifsud should look in the mirror. The stupidity of Rendell's comments are breathtaking - how could anybody in today's Australian society be so white centric with their head up their backside.

Rendell's comments are hideous, ignorant, uneducated garbage.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Matt's R's words were and are ignorant.

Why would an indigenous man like Mifsud be offended by someone suggesting 2 indigenous people can't bring up a child to the AFL's standards? The idea is so stupid -

Clearly ignorant. Fancy saying that and then suggesting they be offered a place at a western and largly white college - stolen generation anyone.

The reaction from the public suggests that we are way behind in our education - people that are attacking Mifsud should look in the mirror. The stupidity of Rendell's comments are breathtaking - how could anybody in today's Australian society be so white centric with their head up their backside.

Extremist, much!?!

Personally, I think Rendell's opinion is far more valid than yours! How many aboriginal players have you tried to recruit to an AFL club? As I understand it he was highlighting where the policies from AFL clubs could end up. Remember that they make a huge investment in a player and they want a return of more than a couple of years. Draft Camp (or the Combine as it is now known) tests more than a player's physical attributes and skills. They also perform psychiatric evaluations on players. This is not a black v white issue. I am sure that the same criteria of an upbringing that offers the best chance of success at AFL level would be considered by ALL AFL clubs at the draft table.

The life of an AFL player would be one that most people couldn't hack...Probably explains why there is such a high percentage of players that drop out after a few years. The rigours of being in the public spotlight and the demands of training and diet would be the largest culture shock to both our indigenous and African players alike. Any programme put in place to help kids from those groups be successful is a good thing.

Stolen generation...what a crock! The kids would be offered a place in the programme not taken against their will.

The idea that is stupid to me is that you think that indigenous parents are out there trying to bring kids up to AFL standard. The issue is that lifestyle in that environment is poles apart from the AFL lifestyle. It is not a judgement call but a matter of fact. By Jason's own admission the rules and expectations set for kids in a purely indigenous environment are far more relaxed than that imposed by a non-indigenous upbringing. And that is fine. It clearly works for each environment. But is clearly not the best chance to ensure success at the AFL level. Sure there are exceptions (as there are to everything) but there are far more failures than successes. Rendell was offering a solution that would bring more diversity into this game for a longer period of time. In what world is that a bad thing?

Seems to me that the only words in your post that were "hideous, ignorant, uneducated garbage" are yours!

PJ
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:
PJ wrote:Matt's R's words were and are ignorant.

Extremist, much!?!

Personally, I think Rendell's opinion is far more valid than yours! How many aboriginal players have you tried to recruit to an AFL club? As I understand it he was highlighting where the policies from AFL clubs could end up. Remember that they make a huge investment in a player and they want a return of more than a couple of years. Draft Camp (or the Combine as it is now known) tests more than a player's physical attributes and skills. They also perform psychiatric evaluations on players. This is not a black v white issue. I am sure that the same criteria of an upbringing that offers the best chance of success at AFL level would be considered by ALL AFL clubs at the draft table.

The life of an AFL player would be one that most people couldn't hack...Probably explains why there is such a high percentage of players that drop out after a few years. The rigours of being in the public spotlight and the demands of training and diet would be the largest culture shock to both our indigenous and African players alike. Any programme put in place to help kids from those groups be successful is a good thing.

Stolen generation...what a crock! The kids would be offered a place in the programme not taken against their will.

The idea that is stupid to me is that you think that indigenous parents are out there trying to bring kids up to AFL standard. The issue is that lifestyle in that environment is poles apart from the AFL lifestyle. It is not a judgement call but a matter of fact. By Jason's own admission the rules and expectations set for kids in a purely indigenous environment are far more relaxed than that imposed by a non-indigenous upbringing. And that is fine. It clearly works for each environment. But is clearly not the best chance to ensure success at the AFL level. Sure there are exceptions (as there are to everything) but there are far more failures than successes. Rendell was offering a solution that would bring more diversity into this game for a longer period of time. In what world is that a bad thing?

Seems to me that the only words in your post that were "hideous, ignorant, uneducated garbage" are yours!
illinformed

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If we segregate Indigenous people we have apartheid.
If we bring them into "largely white colleges" it is tantamount to stolen generation.
They have trouble settling in big cities but it is racist to suggest support mechanisms to help them adjust.
Perhaps Judd, Ablett and co. need to go to Darwin/Tiwi islands kick off their shoes and play up there.
Mountain coming to Mohammed?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote: The reaction from the public suggests that we are way behind in our education - The stupidity of Rendell's comments are breathtaking - how could anybody in today's Australian society be so white centric with their head up their backside.

I'm glad we have people around like yourself who are "educated". Where would we be without you? For the uneducated like myself I thought Rendell was foolish with his comments, but the issue he was trying to raise is real. He addressed it extremely poorly.

And like many of the other "uneducateds" I found it strange that Mifsud didn't make a stand for his cultural obligations at the time of Rendell's comments. Considering they were close friends and Rendell was totally oblivious that what he said was offensive. May have been a more suitable time to discuss this with Rendell then and there rather than turn it into the circus it has become.

Anyway we will leave it to the "educated" to sort it all out.

8856brother wrote:
PJ wrote: The reaction from the public suggests that we are way behind in our education - The stupidity of Rendell's comments are breathtaking - how could anybody in today's Australian society be so white centric with their head up their backside.

I'm glad we have people around like yourself who are "educated". Where would we be without you? For the uneducated like myself I thought Rendell was foolish with his comments, but the issue he was trying to raise is real. He addressed it extremely poorly.

And like many of the other "uneducateds" I found it strange that Mifsud didn't make a stand for his cultural obligations at the time of Rendell's comments. Considering they were close friends and Rendell was totally oblivious that what he said was offensive. May have been a more suitable time to discuss this with Rendell then and there rather than turn it into the circus it has become.

If people can't get the social context or don't understand why the "one white parent" comment is offensive then yes education, not the educated would help.

Please tell me why education is worthy of sarcasm? Do you think there should be less?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what are we classing as uneducated?
dropped out at year 9?...year 11?
someone who finished year 12 but didnt go to uni?

ffs

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:If we segregate Indigenous people we have apartheid.
If we bring them into "largely white colleges" it is tantamount to stolen generation.
They have trouble settling in big cities but it is racist to suggest support mechanisms to help them adjust.
Perhaps Judd, Ablett and co. need to go to Darwin/Tiwi islands kick off their shoes and play up there.
Nobody is talking about segregation!
Nobody is talking about taking people against their will.
It is not racist to suggest that large percentage of indigenous struggle to fit into the lifestyle and demands of an AFL player because they do. Racism is saying that one race is superior to another simply based on race. That is not what is going on here...What you're all angry about here is discrimination. But that is not going on either because there is a genuine attempt to remedy the situation so that more indigenous kids are successful in the competition and they become 10 year players. Because the game is clearly better for having the excitement that indigenous players bring to the game.

We've all marvelled over the years at Polly Farmer, Syd Jackson, Maurice Rioli, Nicky Winmar, Andrew McLeod, Peter Matera, Chris Lewis, Michael Long, Adam Goodes and Gilbert McAdam. But we didn't see enough of Adrian McAdam, Dale Kickett, Ross Tungatulum, Austin Wonammeri and countless others that have come and gone because of the massive adjustment to not only city life but the rigours of AFL.

If a voluntary scholarship programme will bring more exciting players to the game for a longer period of time then how can that be a bad thing?

I am not sure what value would be served by Judd, Ablett and co heading North to play bare-foot footy will do. The AFL is the number one competition in the land by the width of the Nullabor. And it is doing plenty to diversify and give players a shot at playing in the big time. Here is an opportunity where it can do more to ensure the shot at the big time is not wasted.
PJ wrote:illinformed
Ill-informed, my arse! From what I have read from you, I am tipping I am more informed than you will ever be.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Has it ever dawned on the AFL (and the do-gooders) that almost ALL recruiting is prejudiced based to some extent. It's the nature of what these guys do. They have to look into a person's background and work out whether they will be suited to AFL footy and whether they can cope. THEN they have to balance the abilities of the player vrs the risks involved. Why do you think Buddy was selected at 5 (or 6, can't remember) in the draft about 6 years ago when he was clearly the most talented player in that draft, even back then. Were the five clubs who took players before him racist? Plenty of pale skinned footballers have been ruled out of the draft despite having the ability but not considered to have the mettle to stay with it.

Labelling ppl racist is actually the ignorant response to all this. And whilst we have knee jerk reactions like this, the problem will never get resolved. It is a real issue for many aboriginal boys acclimatising to the rigours of AFL. It is also an issue for certain caucasian boys as well. If certain problems/issues can be identified with a specific group and addressed, how is that racist? Is it racist because the AFL have an aboriginal liaison officer? I mean, why single aboriginals out, why do they need a liaison officer? Could it just be that some of the issues they face when coming to play in the AFL are unique and they need specific assistance? So the AFL admit that aboriginals need assistance, but won't allow open debate on the topic.

ppl who label REndell as racist or ignorant are as much to blame for the problems facing our indigenous footballers as anyone, because they refuse to allow the problem to be debated hence resolved.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
8856brother wrote:

If people can't get the social context or don't understand why the "one white parent" comment is offensive then yes education, not the educated would help.

Please tell me why education is worthy of sarcasm? Do you think there should be less?
To make a point and no I don't think ther should be less. Just less Politically Correct do gooders branding everyone but themselves racist. Rendell is stupid not racist. He has probably done more good for our indigenous community than most posters here. Yet he gets crucified. No second chance for him. Cast him out of society for being stupid not racist.

Before you come back saying you never called him racist. I have not said that you did. Your high horse was my issue.

The only stupid thing Rendell did was trust a friend during a private conversation. The 'friend' didn't inform him that he was offended by his comments, but instead chose to further his own career by telling his boss.

How easy would it have been for Mifsud to have said to Rendell, 'Mate, I find those comments pretty offensive. We're not just talking as mates, but as AFL officials. Would you be happy for me to repeat those thoughts to my boss?'If Rendell said, 'yes mate, go ahead. Someone needs to know what's really going on.' or words to that effect, then fair enough. Go and tell the boss. Otherwise nut out the issue.

Does Mifsud actually believe that Rendell is racist and always has been? If so fair enough. Sink him. A bit strange if he did though, as they have been mates apparently for 5 years. Why would he befriend a racist when he has mixed multi cultural heritage himself? Did he ever seek to clarify the remarks with Rendell?

My take is that he doesn't believe that Rendell is a racist or even hold racist views. It was a private conversation in which they were working through some of the issues facing Aboriginal boys in the AFL. In the process certain ideas, views, thoughts call them what you like were being thrown around. He has repeated some of the views back to AD when discussing the problems. AD was far more offended than what he realised he would be. In the end he sank his mate to save himself. Pathetic.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Moods wrote:The only stupid thing Rendell did was trust a friend during a private conversation. The 'friend' didn't inform him that he was offended by his comments, but instead chose to further his own career by telling his boss.

How easy would it have been for Mifsud to have said to Rendell, 'Mate, I find those comments pretty offensive. We're not just talking as mates, but as AFL officials. Would you be happy for me to repeat those thoughts to my boss?'If Rendell said, 'yes mate, go ahead. Someone needs to know what's really going on.' or words to that effect, then fair enough. Go and tell the boss. Otherwise nut out the issue.

Does Mifsud actually believe that Rendell is racist and always has been? If so fair enough. Sink him. A bit strange if he did though, as they have been mates apparently for 5 years. Why would he befriend a racist when he has mixed multi cultural heritage himself? Did he ever seek to clarify the remarks with Rendell?

My take is that he doesn't believe that Rendell is a racist or even hold racist views. It was a private conversation in which they were working through some of the issues facing Aboriginal boys in the AFL. In the process certain ideas, views, thoughts call them what you like were being thrown around. He has repeated some of the views back to AD when discussing the problems. AD was far more offended than what he realised he would be. In the end he sank his mate to save himself. Pathetic.
+ 1

Mifsud is a complete dog in all of this. If they wern't friends, and didn't know each other, then ok.
But throwing a friend under a bus to further your career, is a real c##t of a thing to do.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:If we segregate Indigenous people we have apartheid.
It is not racist to suggest that large percentage of indigenous struggle to fit into the lifestyle and demands of an AFL player because they do. Racism is saying that one race is superior to another simply based on race. That is not what is going on here...What you're all angry about here is discrimination. But that is not going on either because there is a genuine attempt to remedy the situation so that more indigenous kids are successful in the competition and they become 10 year players. Because the game is clearly better for having the excitement that indigenous players bring to the game.

We've all marvelled over the years at Polly Farmer, Syd Jackson, Maurice Rioli, Nicky Winmar, Andrew McLeod, Peter Matera, Chris Lewis, Michael Long, Adam Goodes and Gilbert McAdam. But we didn't see enough of Adrian McAdam, Dale Kickett, Ross Tungatulum, Austin Wonammeri and countless others that have come and gone because of the massive adjustment to not only city life but the rigours of AFL.

If a voluntary scholarship programme will bring more exciting players to the game for a longer period of time then how can that be a bad thing?
PJ wrote:illinformed
Ill-informed, my arse! From what I have read from you, I am tipping I am more informed than you will ever be.
Good post. He has clearly completely misunderstood what Rendell was getting at, just as I'd suggest Fahour and Mifsud did. So they're basically offended by their own incorrect assumption of what they ASSUME/THINK Rendell was suggesting/meaning, rather than what he was ACTUALLY meaning or suggesting. It's like they hear a single word, or phrase and fly off the handle, without finding out what whoever said the word/phrase actually means by it.

One thing is for sure and that is that I haven't seen that anything that Rendell said implied that "white parents" are better than "black parents". That suggestion has ONLY come from those who have taken offence, as they assumed that is what he meant, when I'd say that is the furthest thing from the truth.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.