Jason Gram on twitter re: Coach & Fitness Coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

"One of the best at keeping out of trouble" ????

Surely you jest?

We have had a couple of the biggest football scandals of the past decade...

The last two years have been a disgrace.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If the club was to call the players in for a time trial 5 weeks into their holidays, I can see the players would not be too impressed. But in this case the club would expect the players to be there that day for the B & F, so not much of an issue for them.
Can anyone attending the B&F keep an eye out for Tommy Walsh? Be interesting to see if he has returned from Ireland already.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Jason Gram, you are the player I want first out of the door and that tweet seems to reinforce my belief you are gone.

Pull your head in and either shape up or ship up :x
Tend to agree, hasn't learned to either (a) keep his thoughts to himself, or (b) improve his 'tude since the start of last season...imagine being Roo or BJ, surrounded by 'I can't be suffed' types like Gram and Raph? How have we held on to them? I hope they're not typical.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:"One of the best at keeping out of trouble" ????

Surely you jest?

And in which way were they genuine trouble?

You're surely not talking about nude photos?

The only things of any genuine 'issue' is an Essendon player thgat had been our list for 2 seconds being charged then found to be not guilty of rape.
And a couple of young bloke playing up on a training camp.

Compare that with assaulting taxi drivers, bashing security guards, betting on games, scalping GF tickets, drug charges, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc., and it's just ridiculous to label us a disgrace.

mordi
Club Player

Two words..."ELITE ATHLETES"

I have said on other threads, these guys are expected to be the best of the best ( and are paid accordingly) ..... so they need to train, prepare and have lifestyles to match.

If they dont want to - simple, go and play suburban/country/WAFL , for reasonbale cash.

Its like any job, if you want to be a plodder fine, if you want to get to the top , do everything in your power to get there.

And that includes not getting hammered for the whole off-season.....

What's the Point of it All?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Can't believe people take tweets so seriously. Its just a muck around.
Doesn't reflect anything. Thanks to everyones over reaction we will just have clubs banning players from tweating. So thanks guys.
You know what, Con. If he wants to have a 'muck around' with Raph, and he owns a phone, then f'n pick it up, skip twitter, and call him.

The club management are managing a very difficult, very serious moment in our history. Would it be too much to ask that the players don't publicly undermine the staff with complaints #whatthe ?

This tweet isn't the end of the world - as stated in the op - but do you reckon that after the last 18 months or so our players could just think before they act occasionally.

And if the club could ban them from tweeting (they can't) what would we lose? Opportunities for players to act like dills? Big loss.
yeah well in reflection - i think you are right. what im trying to say is - i dont think gram "thinking" that way in private is a biggie at all like some people do (privilige to play etc) as in reality many players will always take their careers for granted - just because thats what young men do - and also they do need some down time and some muck around time - but as u suggest he can muck around enough with his own mates. not sure why he feels the need to share it with the universe.

from a bigger picture i would say in general people are highly uneducated in how twitter should be used because it is so new.
i think it will end up being really toned down to the same level as business emails. when email first became common place it was often men in their 40's who got in trouble with it thinking it was "private". in the same way i think people will learn that twitter should not be used for private thoughts.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

Surely you jest?

The only things of any genuine 'issue' is an Essendon player thgat had been our list for 2 seconds being charged then found to be not guilty of rape.

Compare that with assaulting taxi drivers, bashing security guards, betting on games, scalping GF tickets, drug charges, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc., and it's just ridiculous to label us a disgrace.
So....

The Duthie thing and all the photo's had no bearing on the image of the club? Why does every damn media outlet in the country still refer to her as the "St.Kilda schoolgirl"?

The New Zealand trip had no bearing on the image of the club?

And The not guilty ex essondon player who is still mainly referred to as the "Ex St.Kilda" player had no bearing on the image of the club?

Our off field has been a freaking nightmare compared to every other club in the league.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Surely you jest?

So....

The Duthie thing and all the photo's had no bearing on the image of the club? Why does every damn media outlet in the country still refer to her as the "St.Kilda schoolgirl"?

The New Zealand trip had no bearing on the image of the club?

And The not guilty ex essondon player who is still mainly referred to as the "Ex St.Kilda" player had no bearing on the image of the club?

Our off field has been a freaking nightmare compared to every other club in the league.

I said we're amongst the best in terms of genuine issues.

The above are nonsense. As I said, the only genuine issue that our guys actually erred in, was the NZ thing.

Everything is media driven nonsense.

So as I said, no. We won't go a season without being in the papers. No club will, especially us.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Honestly the poor bloke gives saints fans an insight into his personal life and all some people do is bag him out ... I'm not the worlds biggest Gram fan but come on give him a break
the bloke has a s*** attitude and hits the piss way too much. we'd give him a break if he could lay one effective tackle, run to the contest without taking short steps or earn a decent contested possession.

the bloke is a cancer. his attitude is lousy. i'd rather have a crap player with a good attitude than a GOP with a bad attitude.
Ok slam the bloke for his footy but he doesn't have to keep the fans involved In his tweets he does so because it's what the fans want .. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Can't believe people take tweets so seriously. Its just a muck around.
Doesn't reflect anything. Thanks to everyones over reaction we will just have clubs banning players from tweating. So thanks guys.
You know what, Con. If he wants to have a 'muck around' with Raph, and he owns a phone, then f'n pick it up, skip twitter, and call him.

The club management are managing a very difficult, very serious moment in our history. Would it be too much to ask that the players don't publicly undermine the staff with complaints #whatthe ?

This tweet isn't the end of the world - as stated in the op - but do you reckon that after the last 18 months or so our players could just think before they act occasionally.

And if the club could ban them from tweeting (they can't) what would we lose? Opportunities for players to act like dills? Big loss.

They will act like dills and act before thinking because they are stupid. Pretty simple really! It will never change...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

where does everyone on here get off character assasinating a St Kilda player because of one two ill written words.......-
slam the tweet - better yet slam the simple hashtag-- if he had type #whatfun-- or #readyforit.... would any of you even commented..

think about your own employment if you are employed..... and don't try and tell the rest of us that there are times you may have used a word or phrase in correctly- and gotten more reaction than expected.

is it a weird situation doing it without a coach- sure is- so where wasn't there fact in his statement

BUT he is running the time triall- he was always running the time triall, some players have been training for seveeral weeks, and personal routines were set before they left at end of the season..

Go Boys- keep working hard as St Kilda employees.. with personalities and foibles..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Richter
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote: Go Boys- keep working hard as St Kilda employees.. with personalities and foibles..
+1 Bratty. Well said.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Saints43
Club Player

saintbrat wrote: is it a weird situation doing it without a coach- sure is- so where wasn't there fact in his statement

BUT he is running the time triall- he was always running the time triall, some players have been training for seveeral weeks, and personal routines were set before they left at end of the season..
This is clearly news to you and Jason Gram but one of the assistant coaches, Robert Harvey, is the the interim Senior Coach.

Glad to hear he was intending to run the time trial and some of the players are keeping fit.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Damn, getting fit is interfering with the drinking sessions at the Royal Saxon.

Seriously, JG, I've backed you for long enough but the indifference with which the players now seem to take their responsibilities to this club has started to grate.

Especially when the players often seem to play with apathy.

Keeping fit over the off-season? Deal with it. You get paid astronomically.

As Mordi said, if you don't fancy the elite athlete lifestyle, the WAFL/VFL/SANFL may be more appropriate.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

And now he has tweeted about the B&F. He even put his top 3 in!!

Where does this guy get off!! :roll:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:And now he has tweeted about the B&F. He even put his top 3 in!!

Why hasn't Nettlefold confiscated that damn phone?

CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SACK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:And now he has tweeted about the B&F. He even put his top 3 in!!

Why hasn't Nettlefold confiscated that damn phone?

CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SACK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

defacto wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Honestly the poor bloke gives saints fans an insight into his personal life and all some people do is bag him out ... I'm not the worlds biggest Gram fan but come on give him a break
the bloke has a s*** attitude and hits the piss way too much. we'd give him a break if he could lay one effective tackle, run to the contest without taking short steps or earn a decent contested possession.

the bloke is a cancer.....etc
Not too long ago an SS poster used that term in a topic heading towards Goddard and Riewoldt - for all to see - one of the worst posters on these boards IMO.

30 poss in a GF when some of his teamates hardly had any, yep Gram's no good.

This over a tweet, what a p!ss poor effort by you. No wonder SS has a rep of turning on it's own and bagging players :oops:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Fri 07 Oct 2011 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
saintbrat wrote: is it a weird situation doing it without a coach- sure is- so where wasn't there fact in his statement

This is clearly news to you and Jason Gram but one of the assistant coaches, Robert Harvey, is the the interim Senior Coach.

Glad to hear he was intending to run the time trial and some of the players are keeping fit.
for goodness sake- neither jason or I said there were no STAFF- Coaches or otherwise there- he stated fact, why would he not run the time traill- although according to some on here he was obviously not... how they got that from his tweet I don't know ....

re the Interim senior coach maybe you could tell a few of the media who are peddling the tripe written on here as fact and the views of the majority of Saints--- oh thats right Hucthy said he didn't know why we have an interim coach--

everton re the hotel- is that another tweet or your knowledge... and again I ask where did Jason say he wasn't going to do the run and do his best and that he hadn't been keeping fit......

talk about jumpy supporters- the shadows are always bigger than the object and in some cases it seems there are only shadows with no imgae behind... :roll:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:where does everyone on here get off character assasinating a St Kilda player because of one two ill written words.......-
slam the tweet - better yet slam the simple hashtag-- if he had type #whatfun-- or #readyforit.... would any of you even commented..

think about your own employment if you are employed..... and don't try and tell the rest of us that there are times you may have used a word or phrase in correctly- and gotten more reaction than expected.

is it a weird situation doing it without a coach- sure is- so where wasn't there fact in his statement

Go Boys- keep working hard as St Kilda employees.. with personalities and foibles..

maybe his combined words and observations of him over last 2 years tipped some people over....

I have stated I dont normally have a real go at a player......but continued observation of him picking when to go......one hand in.....poor tackling/poor defensive efforts(marking/spoiling) etc IMO.....................

plus never seen a player look so much up at the screen...look at me...look at me :wink:

saint4life
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:plus never seen a player look so much up at the screen...look at me...look at me :wink:
C'mon, be honest.

If we were out there we'd be pretty tempted to have a squiz at ourselves 8-)

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
chook23 wrote:plus never seen a player look so much up at the screen...look at me...look at me :wink:
C'mon, be honest.

not as much as he does though!!........tickets
Last edited by chook23 on Fri 07 Oct 2011 3:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: plus never seen a player look so much up at the screen...look at me...look at me :wink:
did you ever watch Max when replays came in, watch a few games and you will find many do- even umpires do it now......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Many players look at the screen. Franklin, Cloke....many many players.

I wouldn't hang a bloke for that.

Seriously some people on here need to get a grip. A throw away line has turned into a 6 page assassination.

This is not news people.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
C'mon, be honest.

Just aswell we dont have Jack Riewoldt playing for us as he spends 90% of the game looking at the big screen :roll: :roll: