Hallelujah

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
markp wrote::roll:

It (was) a mostly grown up discussion about the different treatment by the media of this to previous St Kilda 'issues'... you want appalling go look at some of the old Lovett threads.
Self righteous tosser. There is nothing grown up about feeling vindicated in your belief about perceived media bias from the reporting of this criminal trial. It is an indirect use of the victims situation to make yourself feel better and the reasons are because of what, football. FFS
What a load of rubbish.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

It (was) a mostly grown up discussion about the different treatment by the media of this to previous St Kilda 'issues'... you want appalling go look at some of the old Lovett threads.
Self righteous tosser. There is nothing grown up about feeling vindicated in your belief about perceived media bias from the reporting of this criminal trial. It is an indirect use of the victims situation to make yourself feel better and the reasons are because of what, football. FFS
'Tosser'?

Nice.

How about you using a perfectly reasonable discussion on this issue to be an internet hero, and settle some perceived old score with someone?

You don't like it, stay out of it... rather than try to make it about you, as usual. Whoever the f**k that is.

In short, get a life.

PJ
SS Life Member

The Karma bus is coming Collingwood

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:The Karma bus is coming Collingwood
Is there a little white bloke with a funny voice driving it? :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

Quinton Crisp??

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Quinton Crisp??
Don't tell me Malthouse mouthed off at him too!

The guy just knows no bounds :roll:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Yeah, but by complaining about the media treatment of St.Kilda FC are you part of the problem or the solution?

I mean, you are buying into reading, listening and watching the dirt they're digging up on us, are you not?

e.g. if you hate the HS, why on earth would you buy and/or read what they put out? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Does it have to be either/or... aren't people just allowed to discuss it here without the thinly veiled accusation that they're somehow gaining pleasure from someone's rape?
I'm not accusing anyone of anything, mate.

My concern is that people are supporting shyte media.

In hindsight, we may have been setting a real statement by - to our best ability - boycotting the media responsible for snowballing the whole KD scandal and bringing us supporters nothing but grief for the entire last summer.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
markp wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Yeah, but by complaining about the media treatment of St.Kilda FC are you part of the problem or the solution?

I mean, you are buying into reading, listening and watching the dirt they're digging up on us, are you not?

e.g. if you hate the HS, why on earth would you buy and/or read what they put out? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Does it have to be either/or... aren't people just allowed to discuss it here without the thinly veiled accusation that they're somehow gaining pleasure from someone's rape?

In hindsight, we may have been setting a real statement by - to our best ability - boycotting the media responsible for snowballing the whole KD scandal and bringing us supporters nothing but grief for the entire last summer.
How do you boycott them all?
It amy have been teh HS who started the ball rolling but IIRC they all eventually climbed on board.

We still have sponsors who expect as much exposure as possible.

I buy the Hun daily - my wife loves the Sudoku page.
It doesn't mean I support every article in it.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
markp wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

How do you boycott them all?
It amy have been teh HS who started the ball rolling but IIRC they all eventually climbed on board.

We still have sponsors who expect as much exposure as possible.

I buy the Hun daily - my wife loves the Sudoku page.
It doesn't mean I support every article in it.
Well, you simply start by not buying their paper.

Re "Trouble and Strife" and her Sudoku - sometimes you have to make sacrifices if you want to take a stand, even if it results in a broken marriage :wink:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I truly hope the victim is receiving all the emotional support she needs, and my heart goes out to her.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PJ wrote:The Karma bus is coming Collingwood
Is there a little white bloke with a funny voice driving it? :wink:
Dennis Banks is the designated bus driver at Collingwood.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The stern wave of a letter threatening litigation and *puff* story GAWN (online, at least).

That was quick.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:The stern wave of a letter threatening litigation and *puff* story GAWN (online, at least).

That was quick.
Obviously Eddie didn't like being in "The Hot Seat" himself :wink:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The reason why this thread has gone for 5 pages already is backed-up by the fact that if you got the HS footy site right now, the day after the story broke, you cannot find a single article. Even if you go to the Collingwood section - nothing. Even if they are completely 'legally innocent', it is a major case that involves them.
If you think that we would be treated in the same manner you are an absolute fool… From memory the club has been completely cleared of any 'legal wrong-doing' around the school-girl case yet our emblem and player photos were up for months and months.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cover-up. That's why this case deserves air...it's bigger than a sexual assault case, it's big business (an AFL club, or associated mates) attempting to keep their image clean, whilst their employees run amok in thier spare time ruining peoples lives. Not much different to the army and navy trying to hide their dirty goings ons recently, IMO, only more blatant!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

what have you got to say about that you scum journos.......we all know you lurk around this site for stories....here's one of your own making......mob of see you next tuesdays....no follow up..???.scared of eddie are we..???...f*** wits.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Unreal.

Was it on any of the tv news broadcasts last night?

And I wonder just how much staunch collingwood man David Galbally QC is charging this guy?... or whoever is paying.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I'm happy enough NOT to read anymore about it.

The transparency of the 'media process' is now more than self evident - particularly in light of the earlier planted tale about relevant player's 'emotional journey' a month or two back.

Besides the story itself makes my stomach churn bile.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:To be honest I'm happy enough NOT to read anymore about it.

The transparency of the 'media process' is now more than self evident - particularly in light of the earlier planted tale about relevant player's 'emotional journey' a month or two back.

Besides the story itself makes my stomach churn bile.

pity it doesn't turn his teammates stomachs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Cover-up. That's why this case deserves air...it's bigger than a sexual assault case, it's big business (an AFL club, or associated mates) attempting to keep their image clean, whilst their employees run amok in thier spare time ruining peoples lives. Not much different to the army and navy trying to hide their dirty goings ons recently, IMO, only more blatant!
No doubt Hinch will be all over this outrageous development. Afterall, he based his whole attack on our club as an expose of the big bully boy cover up culture within the AFL!

Can't wait to tune in to 3AW tonight and hear Hinchy really give it to Eddie and those Pies :)

:sarcasm:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
degruch wrote:Cover-up. That's why this case deserves air...it's bigger than a sexual assault case, it's big business (an AFL club, or associated mates) attempting to keep their image clean, whilst their employees run amok in thier spare time ruining peoples lives. Not much different to the army and navy trying to hide their dirty goings ons recently, IMO, only more blatant!
No doubt Hinch will be all over this outrageous development. Afterall, he based his whole attack on our club as an expose of the big bully boy cover up culture within the AFL!

Can't wait to tune in to 3AW tonight and hear Hinchy really give it to Eddie and those Pies :)

Hinch is a bit indisposed at the mo... I wish him all the best, but I knew all this talk of 'I'm dying!' was bollocks, and a liver would 'miraculously' appear.
Last edited by markp on Wed 06 Jul 2011 10:38am, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Hinch is a bit indisposed at the mo... I knew all this talk of 'I'm dying' was bollocks, and a liver would 'miraculously' appear.
Yes, I must confess I can't help but think the bloke's life is one long media cycle...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

it just disappeared
WOW

what are the odds huh??

make no mistake

its a great club
they do charity work :roll:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:I find it amazing - well not really that amazing at all - that some poster really struggle to see the grey areas of issues.

Black/White

Good/Bad

Right/Wrong

GT/RL

...is all they can see in certain issues.

This one is no different, just take a breath and read it before shooting off.
Persactly, Leo. And that is precisely what's happening here.

Some have jumped on Mr.X not having been charged yet to conclude he won't be charged. In support of this assertion some have chosen to hang their hats on the evidence presented at the committal that the girl said she felt compelled to have sex with Mr.X, but was not forced.

com·pel (km-pl)
tr.v. com·pelled, com·pel·ling, com·pels
1. To force, drive, or constrain: Duty compelled the soldiers to volunteer for the mission.
2. To necessitate or pressure by force; exact: An energy crisis compels fuel conservation. See Synonyms at force.
3. To exert a strong, irresistible force on; sway: "The land, in a certain, very real way, compels the minds of the people" (Barry Lopez).

Grey bit No 1. The prosecution would seek to clarify the obvious contradiction at trial.

Evidence was presented in the same hearing that the girl had said 'no' inside the house. A male friend gave evidence in response to a Galbally question that the girl had told him hours after the event that she had been raped inside the house (because Galbally's question pertained to Mr.X and another).

Grey bit No 2. Those who seek to dismiss have done so by ignoring the contradictory evidence at committal. It doesn't need to be sorted out at committal, yet was obviously not suffcient for the Magistrate to NOT grant the committal. So, it's an open question for the trial to sort out. If the defence fails to convince the court that consent was given inside the house, then a new can of worms opens up beyond the person on trial. I have no doubt the DPP will use to the trial findings to review whether they can construct subsequent actions.

Then we have consent. This is from http://www.australiancriminallawyers.co ... ce_consent
Meaning of “Consentâ€

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021