Gram and McEvoy out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy should play.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Would you lot drop Goddard then?
yes but clearly Lyon and those here wont.
and that eats deep into the pysche of those that ARE dropped
I have asked before, but wasnt Goddard told to go away during the pre season?
What would you base his omission on though, not living up to elite/best in the comp status?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Corrected for accuracy..
evertonfc wrote:Disappointed to see Gram dropped.

I feel he's one of the few players we have who USED TO breaks lines - .
This is why he needed to be dropped as he is capable of much better.

Takes one slice of the game last weeks game..

Was given the ball on HFF...and was ripe to burst forward for either a shot in goal or to pass to another. Instead he dithered and was easily run down. Now lone ranger last week...but Gram is symptomatic of the malaise at the Saints at present where they simple are not working hard enough, or concentrating on their game enough.

Add to such instants his easy dropped marks and you get a player that needs to work hard and do a lot more.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A St Kilda stat that Gram is leading, that may have contributed to his omission.

Ranked 1st in kicks to opponent

and...

2nd in turnovers

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:P33, you must be a natural Abbott supporter?

Can not comprehend past 3 words!

"The player I would like to see in action again" does not say at AFL level.

It says what it says.

I would like to see him playing footy again - and hopefully moving well, kicking goals and pressuring for an AFL spot.

I do not know why I am giving comprehension lessons to an Abbott clone!

What a waste of time!!
Sorry should have realised we were talking about Sandringham. Wasnt mentioned anywhere and its a Saints forum but I should have picked up on it. If you didnt write so many words but actually say nothing maybe I would have picked it up.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:In reference to Gram getting "hard balls", how many "hard balls" do Milne, Dempster and Dawson get?

They are all sweaters who stand on the outside of packs waiting for the easy disposal - plus they provide no run and carry when they get the pill given to them.

In terms of contribution to to team, I would have Gram (and Clarke and Koschitzke) in before any of those 3 every day of the week.

Milne may be dangerous if he snags a disposal close to goal, but up the field contributing to the rotations all players of his size (and experience) need to contribute to these days he is an absolute waste of space.

Dawson stands at the back of packs waiting for the "give" and then gets caught because he only has one side.

Dempster brings nothing.

ditto Baker - except evening up for Cripps in an illegal manner.

Blake also has no offensive side to his game because he has no leg speed and ordinary disposal skills when he does get it - hence the sideways chips.
Yep Milne is worse than Gram. Dont worry that he has played 200 games and kicked over 400 goals and has been better than Gram every year they have played together and surely forget the fact they arent competing for the same spot. Also Gram at FB would be a worry and Gram tagging a forward could also be a worry. Footy is that simple. Just pick your best players and dont worry about positions. Who cares if we end up with 19 backman or 17 forwards.
Except that Gram finished 3rd in the B&F in 2008 was it?
Milne has been an excellent club champion, a great player.
Gram's best has often come in big games.
I rate Gram more highly because of this.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:In reference to Gram getting "hard balls", how many "hard balls" do Milne, Dempster and Dawson get?

They are all sweaters who stand on the outside of packs waiting for the easy disposal - plus they provide no run and carry when they get the pill given to them.

In terms of contribution to to team, I would have Gram (and Clarke and Koschitzke) in before any of those 3 every day of the week.

Milne may be dangerous if he snags a disposal close to goal, but up the field contributing to the rotations all players of his size (and experience) need to contribute to these days he is an absolute waste of space.

Dawson stands at the back of packs waiting for the "give" and then gets caught because he only has one side.

Dempster brings nothing.

ditto Baker - except evening up for Cripps in an illegal manner.

Blake also has no offensive side to his game because he has no leg speed and ordinary disposal skills when he does get it - hence the sideways chips.
Yep Milne is worse than Gram. Dont worry that he has played 200 games and kicked over 400 goals and has been better than Gram every year they have played together and surely forget the fact they arent competing for the same spot. Also Gram at FB would be a worry and Gram tagging a forward could also be a worry. Footy is that simple. Just pick your best players and dont worry about positions. Who cares if we end up with 19 backman or 17 forwards.
Except that Gram finished 3rd in the B&F in 2008 was it?
Milne has been an excellent club champion, a great player.
Gram's best has often come in big games.
I rate Gram more highly because of this.
Well thats the life of a small forward. When we struggle they usually struggle. I rate Grammy but the consistancy of Milne for 10 years means he has done plenty right.