Far from happy about this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

This year Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy have all come out in the press that Max is in the top 2 defenders they have played on … very high praise.
But means nothing because it is only their opinion lol.

Zac’s first half year was great. His second half I don’t think so. I thought he was very ordinary in our losses and against Geelong plus he has missed 2 games. IMO he is not the player he was in the first half year. Geary went off second half last year and Zac IMO is to a lesser degree doing same.

Max has missed a lot of footy but I would play him. Nothing to do with sentiment. He is not going to get beaten.

reincarnated

Shaggy wrote:This year Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy have all come out in the press that Max is in the top 2 defenders they have played on … very high praise.

Zac’s first half year was great. His second half I don’t think so. I thought he was very ordinary in our losses and against Geelong plus he has missed 2 games. IMO he is not the player he was in the first half year. Geary went off second half last year and Zac IMO is to a lesser degree doing same.

Max has missed a lot of footy but I would play him. Nothing to do with sentiment. He is not going to get beaten.
Reincarnated agrees. This forum needs to lok at what Max can do now vs what Zac can do. Obviously like the Selection Team

Reincarnated leans towards Max easily however

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:This year Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy have all come out in the press that Max is in the top 2 defenders they have played on … very high praise.

Agree Shaggy. Spot on, I reckon.
If Zac plays I hope he gets back into his mid season form. He has big shoes to fill.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Well RL obviously doesn't have a clue then.

After all, apart from maybe Fev, the others you mention are all playing against us in the finals.

So they better pick him IMO. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Shaggy
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:

After all, apart from maybe Fev, the others you mention are all playing against us in the finals.

Good one but I suspect RL has a reason for Zac which obviously you dont understand either otherwise you would have tried explain it :D

Milton66
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Good one but I suspect RL has a reason for Zac which obviously you dont understand either otherwise you would have tried explain it :D
Absolutely. Never said I did. I suspect it's fitness amongst other things. I honesty don't mind who he picks as long as we win.

My comment was more towards opposition players judging Max in the top 2. Richo can't compare Zac coz he hasn't played on him this year. Fev has played against Max for 10 years and Zac once. So IMO to use their opinion as justification for picking Max is irrelevant.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:Hard to beleive thet shhheeehan can get this much of a response from any nonsense he writes, have to question his accuracy
I know they sometimes get things wrong but they have many contacts and a lot of them inside the club plus the main ones being the players managers. I would tend to think this article is very accurate.
My mate who barracks from Port could have made the same story up, based on observation...chuck in some (a little) improved grammar, a couple timelines and he's just written the same report. A guess, but given the subject is (a) 33 years old, (b) reputed widely to be playing his last season, (c) has only played a handful of games this year, (d) has been benched in favour of another player (injury/form = 50/50), a fairly likely chance.

Still can't believe Sheahan gets paid for this.
Your mate doesnt have contacts like Sheahan has. Why would he make it up? Do you think he would honestly be chief footy writer if there wasnt a basis to 95% of the stories. I have met Sheahan a few times and some of the things he knows and doesnt print would amaze you.
Caro's a chief footy writer also, and she makes up 95% of her stories so there goes that theory

Shaggy
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Absolutely. Never said I did. I suspect it's fitness amongst other things. I honesty don't mind who he picks as long as we win.

My comment was more towards opposition players judging Max in the top 2. Richo can't compare Zac coz he hasn't played on him this year. Fev has played against Max for 10 years and Zac once. So IMO to use their opinion as justification for picking Max is irrelevant.
Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy were not comparing Max against Zac lol. They were simply putting up the top defenders they have played on. Zac has a long way to go to reach that level. Great kudos to Max and we should all be very proud being Saints supporters even if you do not see it.

My problem with Zac is his recent performances. What do you think or you just think whatever RL thinks without understanding it lol?

saintly_safes
Club Player

Max is an out & out St.kilda legend & imo he should be at best given the chance to prove he can do the job required.Dont get me wrong Zac has done a great job from the rookie list to become a regular player & with no disrespect to Zac, Max is a big game player & should be in the 22..He has put alot of faith in Eddy & Raph lets hope they I hope they prove him right .This is a huge game for us I pray it all comes together :)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Mike Sheahan wishes he was Reincarnated.
Reicarnate wishes he was Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris is accustomed to idol worship emanating from the feeble amongst us.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy were not comparing Max against Zac lol. They were simply putting up the top defenders they have played on. Zac has a long way to go to reach that level. Great kudos to Max and we should all be very proud being Saints supporters even if you do not see it.

My problem with Zac is his recent performances. What do you think or you just think whatever RL thinks without understanding it lol?
Again, some people have used opposition players view of Max as justification that he should play.

I reckon he went quiet after his suspension, maybe he was told to curb it because of pending finals? But not sure.

TBH, our mids haven't exactly set the world on fire either, hence the extra pressure. And I'm not saying Zac is better than Max.

Yes I have no idea why RL does what he does, but 20-2 is a compelling case.

I also do not believe that Zac should be dropped given his contribution this year, and I also believe that there's much to be said abotu having a settled back six.

That said, on any given day with the same poor midfield performance against the same team, Max would be better 1 on 1 than Zac.

But for some reason, the coach doesn't see it this way.

On the flipside, Max is a good stopper, but that's where it ends. Opposition teams seem happy to let him have the ball, than say Fisher or Goddard.

Seeing the the whole style is based on team pressure etc, then maybe being a good stopper isn't as important as it once was? In other words, if everyone upfield does their job, then there will be minimal 1 on 1's happening.

The latter has often been the case this year when we've held teams to 2 goals or less for a quater.

reincarnated

The Fireman wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
Chuck Norris is accustomed to idol worship emanating from the feeble amongst us.
Reincarnated is Chuck Norris' idol

Milton66
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
Milton666 is Reincarnated's idol.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
Makes sense..Chuck Norris ain't that bright. idolizing the weak can't be a virtue surely.

Shaggy
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
On the flipside, Max is a good stopper, but that's where it ends.
And maybe thats where Fev, Lloyd, Richo and Buddy maybe right and you may be wrong.

Your put down of Max as a mere stopper is a bit unsaintly.

With Max you do not need the spare back to cut off the lead.

Its hardly irrelevant in this day and age IMO lol.