The Richmond Situation Vs. Ours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote: I have improved with my posting thank you very much and anyway why are you reading my posts now IDIOT
because you replied to one of my posts

oops
Well you think your a hero i read and reply to erveryones posts and you said you don't read my posts so why are you replying oops :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote: I have improved with my posting thank you very much and anyway why are you reading my posts now IDIOT

oops
Well you think your a hero i read and reply to erveryones posts and you said you don't read my posts so why are you replying oops :wink:
Let him go Homie... not worth the energy.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints94
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

oops
Let him go Homie... not worth the energy.
O.k then im not wasting my time on him anymore because him/her is just not worth it

sainteronline

homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

oops
all I'd done was reply to your post, which you had made about my post

you then proceeded to call me an idiot

for a perfectly reasonable question

also the reason I am replying

is that if I don't teach you the right things on here

who will lmao :wink:

bob__71
Club Player

I think if we had of taken cousins then we would have been making the same old StKilda decision. Since the early 1990's StKilda has gradually changed the way they do business. We havent cracked it for a flag yet, but if they keep improving the way they opperate, then oneday maybe.

Knee jerk reactions trying to cheat the system by thinking you can get something for nothing isnt a plan.

I hope Ben does well, but from a statistical point of view there is more chance of him stuffing up than there is of him succeeding.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:I think if we had of taken cousins then we would have been making the same old StKilda decision. Since the early 1990's StKilda has gradually changed the way they do business. We havent cracked it for a flag yet, but if they keep improving the way they opperate, then oneday maybe.

Knee jerk reactions trying to cheat the system by thinking you can get something for nothing isnt a plan.

I hope Ben does well, but from a statistical point of view there is more chance of him stuffing up than there is of him succeeding.
Take that considered voice of reason to some other forum bob! ;) ;)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
If we were that strongly in favour... where were our supporters when we were about to make the decision. Granted that all signs pointed to us picking him... but hwre was the passion from our supporters?

That's been waning rapidly since about Jan 2007.

Waning dagerously.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
If we were that strongly in favour... where were our supporters when we were about to make the decision. Granted that all signs pointed to us picking him... but hwre was the passion from our supporters?

Waning dagerously.
agreed, the passion is non-existent and its a worry

at the few games i went to down in melbourne this season i was looked at awkwardly from many saints supporters for using my voice to support the boys etc etc

mind you no swearing, no profanity or singeling out of opposition players (i.e jeff farmer and the wife-beating thing) etc etc

just plain old support for my club

its just not good enough, but then again we have the whoosey-ist cheer squad built on pre-pube chants that are embarressing anyway...

so wht should one expect?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think it says it all about the mindset of some on here that the thread about a player we DIDNT get is longer that about the players that we DID pick up today

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I think it says it all about the mindset of some on here that the thread about a player we DIDNT get is longer that about the players that we DID pick up today
I think it says more about the players that we did pick up today.

bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:I think it says it all about the mindset of some on here that the thread about a player we DIDNT get is longer that about the players that we DID pick up today
I think it says more about the players that we did pick up today.
Why dont you grow some balls and actually say something for once Mr Fox. You come across as being about as stable as Gollum

sainteronline

bob__71 wrote:I think if we had of taken cousins then we would have been making the same old StKilda decision. Since the early 1990's StKilda has gradually changed the way they do business. We havent cracked it for a flag yet, but if they keep improving the way they opperate, then oneday maybe. (You obviously don't think that Ben cousins a Brownlow medallist would be an improvement)

Knee jerk reactions trying to cheat the system by thinking you can get something for nothing isnt a plan. How is it cheating the system?

from a statistical point of view I think there is probably a 50% better chance of him hitting roo on the chest than half our list

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
bob__71 wrote:I think if we had of taken cousins then we would have been making the same old StKilda decision. Since the early 1990's StKilda has gradually changed the way they do business. We havent cracked it for a flag yet, but if they keep improving the way they opperate, then oneday maybe. (You obviously don't think that Ben cousins a Brownlow medallist would be an improvement)

Knee jerk reactions trying to cheat the system by thinking you can get something for nothing isnt a plan. How is it cheating the system?

Yeah I

from a statistical point of view I think there is probably a 50% better chance of him hitting roo on the chest than half our list
have to agree with you there 8-)

sainteronline

ty

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the rookie draft is fast become a draft for young players who need a kick up the backside that have positives that far outweigh the negatives..just look at the rookie draft it is littered with examples i.e dawson, moss, howard, sam-something from carlton) the list goes on

truth be told ben cousins still won't help richmond with the flag, they imply do not have the cattle to do so...a good year for them as been a 9th place...so the draft pick is never going to be a player that is a definite gun

its a perfectly good waste of a ben cousins...a player that the dogs could have used like us (btw i stand by the boards decision - they had the guts to look into it and after everything say no)

the dogs didnt, they didnt want a bar of it to begin...perhaps more should be asked of them???oh wait...its 'rocket' rodney...noone ever asks anything of him as he is a media-saavy attempted coach

Saints94
SS Life Member

There have been Gems in the rookie draft...... From my view we have done well in all the drafts in 2008 :)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Waning dagerously.
GT's gone... get over it.

How about you actually answer instead of posting another glib line.

Maybe it has waned for you... but you sound like a passionless creature TBH.

All I see is a club transformed, emerging from it's transitional period and building towards some real success.

Like I said, it's ok for people who didn't agree with the decision and sook about it... after the horse had bolted.

But where were they when it cam to getting off their butts and going down to Moorabbin to let the board know what they wanted?

Where were you? :shock:

Baaaa Baaa... where's my Labrador?
Last edited by WayneJudson42 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 4:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sainteronline

By the way does anybody know where the board members sit at the football

because if Richmond beat us next year

which they came close to this year without cousins

110-107

I would like to know where to point the finger

And yell shame shame shame

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:By the way does anybody know where the board members sit at the football

110-107

Richmond are on the improve mate and so do we it will be shame if Richmond improve and are better than us in season 2009 :oops:

sainteronline

homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:By the way does anybody know where the board members sit at the football

110-107

Richmond are on the improve mate and so do we it will be shame if Richmond improve and are better than us in season 2009 :oops:
it very well could be :oops: :oops: :oops:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

110-107

And if we beat them?

or if Cousins gets back on the gear?

or if Richmond implode because of the intense scrunity of Cousins?

Fair Dinkum mate, there are good reasons 15 clubs didn't pick up Cousins, and extremely good reason why the Saints didn't.

If you dont know them, dont speak from a base of ignorance.

There are people who post here who know EXACTLY why Cousins wasn't drafted by the Saints - I only know second hand so I wont say a word because I didn't hear it in first person, but my sources are impeccable and if they want to reveal what they are thats up to them.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:

110-107

it very well could be :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well i hope not or we might have to do what we did in rd 13 this year and play a thew kids and make the seniors deserve there spot in the team

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

110-107

how soft???

because in your pretend world of fantasy-board member you would have picked up ben cousins???

is that it???

you were not privy to all the information gathered over 4-5 months on ben cousins by our club and people outside...you never will be...the board voted all in favour of not picking him up

comprehendae???

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

homework wrote:

110-107

Do either of you 2 realize how ridiculous that stament was?

Maybe now that you're mates, you can both go and support Richmond. :lol:

Perhaps you can tell us where you sit SOnline, so that I can point the finger at you and yell out "D1CKHEAD!" :lol:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

110-107

how soft???

because in your pretend world of fantasy-board member you would have picked up ben cousins???

is that it???

you were not privy to all the information gathered over 4-5 months on ben cousins by our club and people outside...you never will be...the board voted all in favour of not picking him up

comprehendae???
Apparently he was... he swears by it. We didn't get him because he wasn't 100% clean... I think.

Anyway, I'm sure if he hangs around Linton St long enough, he's bound to bump into Burkie and Thommo... then he can speak his mind as freely as he does on here... NOT. :lol:
Last edited by WayneJudson42 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 4:27pm, edited 1 time in total.