R. Harvey joins Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

I thought we would have had a chance of Harvs being our midfield coach

since Rock left

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:I thought we would have had a chance of Harvs being our midfield coach

since Rock left
personally i want an EXPERIENCED midfield coach with a good track record to replace Rock..not (with the greatest respect in the world to Harvs) someone with no formal coaching experience

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:its a fcjuking game

my best friend Phil, who many of you have had a beer with is a Carlton member, do i eject him from my life because he is a carlton supporter?

next to phil is Warren, an Essendon member.

sorry but in the end its only a game.

Our great CHF and captain has business ventures with...RICHMOND players and COLLINGWOOD players...

omg we should NO longer revere Riewoldt because he, in his time, associates and DOES BUSINESS with Opposition players OMG.

grow up some of you.

Robert Harvey has bled for this team, he's busted his knees, copped blows to every part of his body, stood up for every value that the club it self rarely showed.

IMO Robert Harvey as an individual goes beyond football, he is a representative of everything that we hope our children to be, honest, decent, hard working, reliable, intelligent, generous (one example was Robert Harvey gave a job to that carlton ruckman whose name escapes that was involved in robbery, drugs etc), an excellent father, and a role model to children.

Anyone who has seen him with his children, with other peoples children, with the fans, know this man is aware of the enormous weight we the fans have placed on him, and pushed himself to achieve them.

Almost every player in the competition respects Robert Harvey, mortal opponents collingwood gave him a guard of honour, and well lets face it, collingwood have about the worst reputation for respecting opponents.

Sure he has gone to carlton, but frankly i have nothing but admiration for robert harvey, and I hope my kids grow up to be decent, honest, reliable, generous of heart, spirit and time as Banger has.

I can't think of a single story where people have said bad things about banger.

and after 21 years, loyal, dependable courageous dedication, he takes a part time job to help some kids coming through, I can only say he will do it with the utmost dedication to the best of his ability. It is not a cash job, he will not take advantage of carlton and he will wear the Carlton colours and do it with decent honesty.

frankly some of the rubbish about banger is disgraceful, good on you banger, i think football is better for you being part of it, and not only were you too good for st kilda, you were too good for the football community.

a more humble decent individual gracing the football oval i am yet to see.
Well said Dan.

Staggering to think how anyone would judge a man who bled for the club like no other, when all most of us do is turn up, scoff pies and beer, bag the umpires, scream "ball!" a few times and then roll home again.

He's earned the right to never be questioned.

Gilbert=Legend

Good to see, if he is to develop, he needs a change

GrumpyOne

Gilbert=Legend wrote:Good to see, if he is to develop, he needs a change
Hairstyle would be enough..... No need to go to the blues then.