Nick Dal Santo for Alan Didak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ultimately the coach needs to build a team to win a flag, and we have too many one-dimensional, middle-size players. While NDS impresses with his flashy skills, he will never be regarded as an elite player until he learns a bit about gut-running..too many times this season his opponent has been amongst the best for the opposition. I see Milne, Montagna and NDS as classic under-achievers, and we can't have all three in the team and expect consistant winning results.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:I tell you what Didak does better than Dal Santo, and that's run the lines and run harder to a contest.
Explain to me how Didak is harder at it than Dal. Didak averages less contested possessions, less tackles, less clearances. Dal's averages are considerably down on what they usually are. Didak has put up career best numbers. It strikes me as a sideways trade at best.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

vacuous space wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:I tell you what Didak does better than Dal Santo, and that's run the lines and run harder to a contest.
Explain to me how Didak is harder at it than Dal.
I didn't say that Didak was harder at it than Dal Santo, I merely said he runs harder to the contest.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:dudak a 15 possession a game, soft touch forward who goes missing when the heat is on, who gets about 1 1/2 goals per game running on the spot in the collingwood forward line.

even stephen milne has laid almost as many effective tackles as Dudak in his career, and scored at a better rate than dudak in goals per game.

anyone who thinks dudak is more valuable than Dal Santo is a moron,
Hate to break it to you but Didak is averaging 23 possessions a game this year.

He has a different role at Colingwood compared to what Milne has at St Kilda. When both get placed in the middle, I know who hits the target better out of Milne or Didak, and it aint the little bee in the bottle.

I tell you what Didak does better than Dal Santo, and that's run the lines and run harder to a contest.

Still, at least you're consistent with your condemnation of "bad boys" in football, Mr Morals

:roll:

Let's keep hero-worshipping our mediocre players down at Moorabbin.

If it means cutting "heroes" loose to better our playing list and get game-breakers with match-winning ability then I am all for it.

AFAIAC the only untouchables down there are Roo, Hayes, Ball, Goddard and Sam Fisher.

The rest should be up for trade. Either for other players who can improve our list or for early draft picks.

Time to get tough at this football club!
ahh a breathe of fresh air. best post i have read for a long time.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
vacuous space
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:I didn't say that Didak was harder at it than Dal Santo, I merely said he runs harder to the contest.
Then does what?

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

vacuous space wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:I didn't say that Didak was harder at it than Dal Santo, I merely said he runs harder to the contest.
Then does what?
Takes on his opponent, runs the lines and kicks to the best option.
Or will actually take a risk and get the ball back into the corridor.

By the way, I'll tell you what he doesn't do

Doesn't kick it sideways
Doesn't hold up the play through hesitation
Doesn't kick short

vacuous space
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
Then does what?
Takes on his opponent, runs the lines and kicks to the best option.
Or will actually take a risk and get the ball back into the corridor.
You've got him running harder to the contest and making better decisions with the ball, so how does he actually get the ball? Dal has less possessions, but more contested possessions, and Dal's CPs are at a lower rate than at any other point in his career this year. Didak's increase in possessions has come through getting more uncontested footy.

Didak's disposal hasn't been great since he did his knee either.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

rofl

what a load of rubbish talking up a soft receiver like dudak.

the only thing he runs from is his gangster mates and the cops.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:rofl

Im sure that comment is in the wrong thread. That should be in we overate our players.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

pretty sure its overrating didak, who has fewer contested possessions, fewer possessions, fewer tackles, in fact if everyone says this is dal santo's worst year, ITS STILL BETTER than dudaks.

dal santo's worst > Dudaks best

SHUT UP KRIME!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Doesn't kick it sideways
Doesn't hold up the play through hesitation
Doesn't kick short
and whose fault do u think that is?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:pretty sure its overrating didak, who has fewer contested possessions, fewer possessions, fewer tackles, in fact if everyone says this is dal santo's worst year, ITS STILL BETTER than dudaks.

you seriously are a moron if you believe that.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:rofl

Please open your eyes Dan, it's a bit embarrasing some of the comments that you are making

No doubt that Dal Santo is a very talented player, but what has he added to the team in the past 18 months?

Didak is a sure bet to imporve our team.

Goddard.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:pretty sure its overrating didak, who has fewer contested possessions, fewer possessions, fewer tackles, in fact if everyone says this is dal santo's worst year, ITS STILL BETTER than dudaks.

you seriously are a moron if you believe that.
its been a long time since i've insulted another poster but the real moron is anyone who thinks a front running squib like didak is better than Dal santo

dudak has fewer tackles, fewer contested possessions and is a sheep dog at best. I thought we had enough sheep dogs at the club, without adding dudak to the list.

as pointed out earler the facts are dudak is having his best year and is still not contributing s much as Dal Santo in hard possessions, tackles, etc.

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Dan, i acknowledge the fact that you hold law abiding citizens with a squeaky clean record in the highest of regard, and in dal santo we have a model citizen.

But if we want the better footballers at the club, didak offers more than dal atm. He was leading the comp for kicks, he runs hard with the ball, hits targets 9.5 times out of 10 and has a handy goal kicking record.

I also acknowledge that he wins very little hard ball, and either does dal so while dal might have better looking hard ball stats and more tackles, i think the 2 cancel each other out as neither of them are recognised for their hard approach at attacking the man and the football.

I wisj i could see it in dal's favour but the way i see it at this present momenty, Didak is/ was playing the better football.

Hope to be proved wrong, but as i sit here right now i cannot see our side suffering too much without nick dal santo in it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well that is your opinion, the facts show as well as watching the game that collingwood haven't suffered in the abscense of Dudak, and in fact seem to be playing better with out his useless sheepdogging ad front running.

while when Dal Santo is playing well, st kilda has a high quality midfielders.

there isnt a bit of evidence to suggest dudak contributes more to the onfield success of collingwood, except by his abscense.

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well i can't argue on form, as collingwood have an unblemished record without him.

but do also remember we won the game that dal santo didn't play this year :wink:

we will agree to disagree and i will hope you are proven right.

time will tell, and the didak for dal trade is fantasy stuff anyway.

saintly_safes
Club Player

I cannot believe that a saints supporter could even consider such a trade.What has Nick Dalsanto done to be even put in the same bracket as Alan Didak. One is down on form with an illness , the other is a notorious trouble maker that has crossed the line too many times. Dal is a quality player , he will come good . The future of our club is in the hands of guys like Dal ,Kosi , Roo ,BJ & Chips. They are still young & have the potential to be long term stalwarts of the club , the new Robert Harvey's Nathan Burkes & Stewie Lowes. They played in lean years & eventually productive years (no flag ) but they were all one team players .We need to rebuild around our core group of players & that includes Dal . Trade him at our own peril

bergsone
SS Life Member

Brings back memories of Stewart----Barrot ,that worked

NO