LYON is the dumbest and least inspiring coach in AFL….

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote: I thought yesterday was probably Lyon's most persuasive victory. The Saints made a team above them on the ladder look entirely second rate. Seriously, the scoreline flattered Adelaide due to our innacuracy.
However,
To imply that there's some great virtue in making finals as a second year coach is either disingenuous or straight out ignorant.
Didn't see yesterday's game, but am obviously pleased with the win.
However .....
the OP of this thread is about Lyon lacking inspiration as a coach.
He's quoted in 'The Age' this morning as saying after the game,
"What we spoke about was if we want to pay respect to Robert it really is about getting our performance right and clearly any emotion for Robert doesn't contribute to your ability to defend and attack and use the ball."

This goes to the heart of my doubts about Lyon. He seems to be devoid of passion. Like he's analysed the game within an inch of it's life and has taken all of the passion and emotion out of it. Hence a team that plays that way.
I'm pleased with the win and pleased to be playing finals, but I'm just not convinced about Lyon. It's as though he's reduced the game to a set of key deliverables that can be measured with kpi's and benchmarks. There's no space for flair and passion. He continues to fail to impress me.
it would appear that according to Lyon, the game where Harvey announced his retirement was all about emotion, and that why we lost. therefore, why wouldn't you try to win based on key deliverables. As Lyon said, that the saints should not be playing a 5th quarter in the warm up, which might've happened. The match should be focused on not on robert harvey. I believe the outpouring of emotions should be left to the fans during the game, and once the game has finished then thats different. I hope the saints play like this for the next few weeks. Play for rRbert, but mostly play for the team! And finally i hope that Lyon, keeps on concentrating on the team not on the wemotions of Harvey's last few weeks.

anyway thats what i think.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Its a big call to be calling people out as wrong about RL at this stage! Far from convinced myself.
You were wrong.

Just admit it.

Pathetically and hopelessly wrong.

Nice to see the likes of you with egg all over your face.

You deserve nothing less for the disgraceful posts you have made on the coach and the team.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ross has us playing finals again and deserves congratulations for that.

then again, i'd expect no less given the talent he has at his disposal.

holes in the list. pfft.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:[

it would appear that according to Lyon, the game where Harvey announced his retirement was all about emotion, and that why we lost. therefore, why wouldn't you try to win based on key deliverables. As Lyon said, that the saints should not be playing a 5th quarter in the warm up, which might've happened. The match should be focused on not on robert harvey. I believe the outpouring of emotions should be left to the fans during the game, and once the game has finished then thats different. I hope the saints play like this for the next few weeks. Play for rRbert, but mostly play for the team! And finally i hope that Lyon, keeps on concentrating on the team not on the wemotions of Harvey's last few weeks.

anyway thats what i think.
fair enough Saintly. I can see the wisdom of not focusing on the emotion so as to avoid playing a 'fifth quarter' in the rooms.
Like I said previously, I haven't seen the game from the weekend so can't comment on the cohesiveness or otherwise of the way the boys played. If Lyon has finally got them playing with a genuine team ethic, then I'm obviously wrong in what I think about him. I've seen a team playing like they're not enjoying the game and like they're not all on the same page so many times this year, it's given me the impression that Lyon's not up to the task of moulding a unified outfit.
My take on that was that he lacks the spirit and passion to harness the spirit and passion of the team. I'm happy for him to continue to prove me wrong.[/quote]

bergsone
SS Life Member

Our good--is good
Our bad--is terrible
That is the question mark on RL,no one can not say at times we havent looked great ,way we look at the moment ,i am confident.But s*** I can see another WCE performance comming

We should thump ess this week,which saints side is going to show up?

I like all on here am not close enough to players coachs etc to really know his worth,it will all get down to performances,finals is a good start

Then again reckon should be top 4 easy with our list

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:ross has us playing finals again and deserves congratulations for that.

holes in the list. pfft.
ahh..the list dreamers...they are the ones over at the CJ thread slagging him off for getting a game....

yeah the list is multiple premiership contender material........righto... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bigcarl wrote:ross has us playing finals again and deserves congratulations for that.

holes in the list. pfft.
ahh..the list dreamers...they are the ones over at the CJ thread slagging him off for getting a game....

yeah the list is multiple premiership contender material........righto... :roll:
I thought I just read a thread where you said we could beat Geelong. Cannot be to bad of a list or do you forget what you write on other threads when you have just commented on 15 different threads. Got to laugh.

Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

holes in the list. pfft.

That's exactly what bigcarl said: "multiple premiership contender". Spot on.

To some without your comprehension skills it would look like he said he expected the team to make finals.

You don't just look at the cover, though. You write the book.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

holes in the list. pfft.

sorry for showing some belief in the players, teffers :wink: a bit of faith in them and they could play like supermen.