whos the most over-rated player you've seen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Cirra wrote:
jonesy wrote: him at number 1 for a while,perplexing?

Adam Goodes-it's not his fault that he's won 2 brownlows,but the worst dual brownlow medalist there is,and the scary thing is,the way the umps love him for getting a whopping 17 touches a match that are all uncontested out on the wing/half back flank,he could win more yet... His parent's have nude photo's of the AFL commision..
Yes, yes. Adam Goodes sh*ts me. He is nowhere as good as the media make him out to be and I can't believe he won two Brownlows.
boy I don't know which games you guys watch

he is one of the few players (Ablett, Judd, Riwoldt, Brown , Franklin and a couple of others) who can with 15 minutes of footy turn a game inside out.

he runs all day, can play and has played in nearly every position, is courageous, can mark and is a great player pure and simple

if he played for a vic club he would be considered a superstar
i find it hard to rate players who fall over and cry at every little contest

hes an umpires pet (2 brownlows prove this)

gets away with murder, yet blow a kiss at him and hes got himself a free

worst player to win two brownlows (if it wasnt for the likes of woewodin then hed be close to worst player to win a single brownlow)

Gilbert=Legend

Has to be Gibbs and matthew kreuzer , lets face it, he has never played an AFL season game and people are already saying his 'the best'

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
Cirra wrote:

Adam Goodes-it's not his fault that he's won 2 brownlows,but the worst dual brownlow medalist there is,and the scary thing is,the way the umps love him for getting a whopping 17 touches a match that are all uncontested out on the wing/half back flank,he could win more yet... His parent's have nude photo's of the AFL commision..
Yes, yes. Adam Goodes sh*ts me. He is nowhere as good as the media make him out to be and I can't believe he won two Brownlows.

he is one of the few players (Ablett, Judd, Riwoldt, Brown , Franklin and a couple of others) who can with 15 minutes of footy turn a game inside out.

he runs all day, can play and has played in nearly every position, is courageous, can mark and is a great player pure and simple

worst player to win two brownlows (if it wasnt for the likes of woewodin then hed be close to worst player to win a single brownlow)
Concur.

He is a receiver. Not worth the 2 brownlows he has.

Superboot
SS Life Member

I haven't read through all the above posts, and this might be a strange thing to say, but I reckon Wayne Carey is the most over-rated player I've seen.

There were plenty of games against us where one of the Wakelin's would keep him kickless for three quarters. Then he'd suddenly pop up with a couple of goals in the last quarter, North would win the game by about 8 points, and Carey would be named as one of the best on ground.

I could never figure it.

esaint66
SS Life Member

footy_first_2 wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:oh yea...and luke hodge (every season people tip him to win the brownlow but he never gets close)
dale thomas is in my mind the most over-rated player in the league atm
he's the biggest show-off and doesnt have big impacts on games...marks of the week doesnt help teams win matches. only gets like 12 touches a game and 1 goal...he was number 2 for a reason

i disagree dale thomas is a very good player i reckon he should have been taken at number 1 (suck carlton) he has a great vertical leap, brilliant speed, a wonderful kick. anyway it doesnt matter if he is a show off. this is football and if you show it off you have to back it up consistantly and in alot of peoples minds he does.

plus luck hodge what are you thinking in know deep down you would want him at carlton so dont try to tell us otherwise one of the form midfielders in the compitition.
thomas is over-rated...he has little to NO impact on the outcome of games

thats absoloutly untrue hes a gamebreaker takes the game by the scruff of the neck.

players that have little to no impact on a game wear blue jumpers.
he only kicks 1 goal a game and gets about 12 touches...no real influence...mark of the week and show off s*** like that dont win games

yeah maybe your right. but he sure is good at the 1 percenters i.e dishing it off to fowards and his attack at the ball.

it might not win game the show off s**t as you call it but i sure wins memebers and sells merchandise and im sure every team in the afl would like to have thomas or players in the calibre of thomas in their side and as far as i see it carlton only have one and hes played no games.
members and merchandise??we're talking on field champ

ok Champ well did you read the last part of my post. well if not i'll repeat it for you in words you'll understand. Thomas is better than all of your players bar one who hasnt even played a game yet and your club is so stupid they made him captain.
you know thats not true
we've only got 2 premiership players and 1 brownlow medalist, he's also up there with experince (game-wise) thats why he's our captn

yes what you are saying is true but no other club would have made him their captain with out him proving himself.

you club is so desperate for leaders you had gibss ( a 1st yhear player at the time in the leadership group and before today you had fev) first smart move the club has made in a while.
i agree that our leadership group is a joke...fevola a leader?

hahaha its finally sunk in has it ? :lol:

m_m
Club Player

Gilbert=Legend wrote:Has to be Gibbs and matthew kreuzer , lets face it, he has never played an AFL season game and people are already saying his 'the best'
i disagree...kreuzer isn't over-rated..there hasn't been barely any news on him since he was drafted, not body is saying he's the best.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
Cirra wrote:

Concur.

He is a receiver. Not worth the 2 brownlows he has.
Me and my friend Simon Goodwin agree also...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Gilbert=Legend wrote:Has to be Gibbs and matthew kreuzer , lets face it, he has never played an AFL season game and people are already saying his 'the best'

That is tottally untrue.

The only publicity has been stuff like how is he going to go? and how many games he will play this season?

And i think if you can handle that kind of stuff thats a bit weird.

The only time i actually noticed the commentators talking about him was when he kicked his foirst goal in the nab cup game against port.