Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

sunsaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:Stevens going to the Dogs seems to be good for the Saints because they really want Cripps now, is that right?
sorry...does that mean the dogs want cripps now?
Sorry no....poorly worded....I meant that WCE seem to want Cripps more now Stevens has gone to the dogs?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Its becoming a real possibility now. Cripps' manager has said he is prepared to walk to the draft.

Says he is homesick, misses family and girlfriend. Then in the next sentence he isn't interested in going to Freo... May just be tactics but I'm not happy if one of our few decent selections over recent years walks for nothing. And what on earth is going on for Ledger?

Do u think we should cut our losses and take 41? Its unders but I'm not coping with these games...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

St Ick wrote:Its becoming a real possibility now. Cripps' manager has said he is prepared to walk to the draft.

Says he is homesick, misses family and girlfriend. Then in the next sentence he isn't interested in going to Freo... May just be tactics but I'm not happy if one of our few decent selections over recent years walks for nothing. And what on earth is going on for Ledger?

Do u think we should cut our losses and take 41? Its unders but I'm not coping with these games...
He who blinks first loses St Ick - hold firm......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

St Ick wrote:Cripps' manager has said he is prepared to walk to the draft.
The draft where we have two picks before West Coast, or one? I assume he's talking about putting a price on his head, but if the options are upgrading 70-something to 41 and blowing up West Coast's cap, thus making it harder for them to re-sign, say, Brown next year, I'm awfully tempted to use the late pick on a Wilkes type and let Jamie take his chances.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
sax
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
St Ick wrote:Cripps' manager has said he is prepared to walk to the draft.
The draft where we have two picks before West Coast, or one? I assume he's talking about putting a price on his head, but if the options are upgrading 70-something to 41 and blowing up West Coast's cap, thus making it harder for them to re-sign, say, Brown next year, I'm awfully tempted to use the late pick on a Wilkes type and let Jamie take his chances.
You're tempted?
Are you the Pelican?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Saintersss
Club Player

Best we could hope for (assuming WCE don't change their mind on Brown) would be 41 and 44. However, it seems we will probably only be offered one of them.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

sax wrote:You're tempted?
Are you the Pelican?
but we have two players that want to walk , Cripps & Ray
so we should be able to work a deal ...surely

Seeya
saint6709
Club Player

surely its not as easy as walking into the draft and being picked up by the only team in the competition you seem willing to play for ??

Saintersss
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:surely its not as easy as walking into the draft and being picked up by the only team in the competition you seem willing to play for ??
Most teams don't risk picking up a player who has said he doesn't want to play for your club especially if they aren't a brilliant prospect.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

the only thing stopping Cripps landing at WC is Freo .. and if they arent interested in Cripps then I cant see why WC would want to offer anything other than a late pick.

Start spreading the rumour that Freo is interested in Cripps and we might just get WC to deal !

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
saint6709
Club Player

Saintersss wrote:
saint6709 wrote:surely its not as easy as walking into the draft and being picked up by the only team in the competition you seem willing to play for ??
Most teams don't risk picking up a player who has said he doesn't want to play for your club especially if they aren't a brilliant prospect.
I can appreciate this but surely it can't become standard practice - would put Pelican and the like out of a job - why trade a draft pick for someone if you can agree with a player that you want them and then ask them to make a big fuss in the press about only playing for your club ??

Saintersss
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:
Saintersss wrote:
I can appreciate this but surely it can't become standard practice - would put Pelican and the like out of a job - why trade a draft pick for someone if you can agree with a player that you want them and then ask them to make a big fuss in the press about only playing for your club ??
Because, clubs just aren't that ruthless... yet. Many teams know that eventually the shoe will be on the other foot and if you screw a club over, they are very likely to do the same when it turns out that one of their players want to leave.

Austinnn
Club Player

unfortunately if someone says they won't leave Perth, there are only 2 clubs in the AFL that are going to be interested. If it's the other way around, you can let the player take his chances, knowing that even if he says he wants to go to St Kilda, he could end up getting picked up by Richmond or any of the other 10 Vic clubs.

Cripps isn't enough of a gun to make any of the other 16 clubs take a risk on a homesick Sandgroper. The club allowed him to fall out of contract and now we pay the price.

But if you're proven and clubs think they can turn you around, they'd take a chance on waving lots of cash at you, that's why players don't often roll the dice in the draft. Plus usually if you're much good, your club doesn't let you fall out of contract. Maybe the Saints tried, but if Cripps was resolute to leave, negotiation with WCE should have started months ago.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Latest rumour. Sylvia for Ray. I like alot. Doubt it could even be remotely true.

Calais
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Latest rumour. Sylvia for Ray. I like alot. Doubt it could even be remotely true.
Where did you hear that? Would be very very nice if true. Even happy to throw in a pick to even it up a little.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Latest rumour. Sylvia for Ray. I like alot. Doubt it could even be remotely true.
in a heartbeat...

would throw in our 37 downgraded to thier 49 or whatever they are as well...

or you just taking the piss Pluggs??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
in a heartbeat...

would throw in our 37 downgraded to thier 49 or whatever they are as well...

or you just taking the piss Pluggs??

No I heard it off a mate who follows the Dees. He got a text saying that. I rate it 50 to one.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

so your telling me theres a chance...

think you gave the Frawley rumor a million to 1, so we're shortening..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:so your telling me theres a chance...

think you gave the Frawley rumor a million to 1, so we're shortening..

Yep well that was crap made up by a footy site. This may be crap made up by a text message site.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well i heard Sylvia, Frawley and Joe Gitnick's Yarmulke for Ray, and Barry Breen's premiership jockstrap.

I wold say remote, maybe 4 to 1.

Read it on Twitter - so there must be some truth to it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Fb is saying cripps is refusing to go to freo, threatening to walk if a deal can't be done with west coast.

If that's the truth fack him off to the draft

#1 Ryder fan
savatage
SS Life Member

Freo has picks before West Coast so it'd be amusing to see them draft him before West Coast, although that amusement wouldn't last too long when we realised we got f***ed in the deal. At this point I'd take pick 44!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Honestly I've always thought sylvia would be good at the saints. Pretty sure he has been rumored to be coming to us in past seasons.

#1 Ryder fan
savatage
SS Life Member

He doesn't fit into the "no dickheads" policy (if we still have one) but he can certainly play!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Agree with that but maybe a change and been put in a team with a brigade of mature leaders would set him straight. He has pretty much never had that at the dees

#1 Ryder fan