Minchington signed by Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Minchington signed by Hawks

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 04 Nov 2018 10:45am At the end of the day, Kent has far, far, far more upside and will help take us somewhere where as Minchington never would have.

They shouldn't be compared anyway as Kent is a much better footballer and had a more fruitful career. Not sure why it started.

Minchington is a Datsun where as Kent is an Audi Quattro from the 1980's...if you want to start comparing.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

All the 'best 22' players in top 4 sides spend more time playing VFL than AFL, then get traded for a pick in the 60's just like Kent...

Teddy's myth checks out once again, game over Joff you douche.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 05 Nov 2018 5:27pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 05 Nov 2018 4:43pm Joffa B wrong again. Stop making stuff up mate.
Although to be fair to Joffa B, he did post below in an earlier post:

"My story is that Kent was going to delisted, I’m making it up but it’s as credible as your input on Kent"

Much ado about nothing really. Hope both Minch & Kent go well.

Nice pick up takeaway, yes I did write that I made up the Kent will be delisted story, to prove the point that if you fabricate stories and write them as gospel Saintsational posters will call out the bulls*** like Saynta, Ted and Kosi did.

Fact is Kent may or may not have been delisted, I have no idea, none of us do but after 6 seasons with more VFL than AFL appearances and little impact in 2018, issues getting his body right & Melbourne on the improve he may have been feeling nervous.

Also fact is Teddysainters repeated bulls*** that Kent would have played finals this year if fit, is in Melbournes best 22, would have played all 17 & 18 season if fit, etc etc. Teddy like my delisting story is just making it up, but by god he’s entertaining 8-)

If Kent was in their best 22 and really wanted to retain him, Melbourne would have either matched the offer or requested a trade that was befitting a best 22 required player reaching his prime not a throw away in the 60’s.

Good luck to Kent, we all hope he smashes it for the saints, but sorry Teddysainter he ain’t Keith Grieg just because he signed with us.

But I’m still your biggest fan 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 7:34am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 05 Nov 2018 4:43pm Joffa B wrong again. Stop making stuff up mate.

"My story is that Kent was going to delisted, I’m making it up but it’s as credible as your input on Kent"

Nice pick up takeaway, yes I did write that I made up the Kent will be delisted story, to prove the point that if you fabricate stories and write them as gospel Saintsational posters will call out the bulls*** like Saynta, Ted and Kosi did.

Fact is Kent may or may not have been delisted, I have no idea, none of us do but after 6 seasons with more VFL than AFL appearances and little impact in 2018, issues getting his body right & Melbourne on the improve he may have been feeling nervous.

Also fact is Teddysainters repeated bulls*** that Kent would have played finals this year if fit, is in Melbournes best 22, would have played all 17 & 18 season if fit, etc etc. Teddy like my delisting story is just making it up, but by god he’s entertaining 8-)

If Kent was in their best 22 and really wanted to retain him, Melbourne would have either matched the offer or requested a trade that was befitting a best 22 required player reaching his prime not a throw away in the 60’s.

Good luck to Kent, we all hope he smashes it for the saints, but sorry Teddysainter he ain’t Keith Grieg just because he signed with us.

So you’re just trolling.

Could we have a colour coding system for outright lies. e.g.

Billy Longer is a gun

You can believe everything you read on Saintsational

Kent would have played finals if fit.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

What utter crap. Get caught out in a lie so make up a bulls*** story.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 3:38pm

What utter crap. Get caught out in a lie so make up a bulls*** story.
Learn to read you old <edited by mods> and you’ll see my original post quoted by takeaway.

You’ve always been a <edited by mods> illiterate <edited by mods> and that will never change.

Nice work gramps :lol:

<warning for abuse>
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 3:34pm

So you’re just trolling.

Could we have a colour coding system for outright lies. e.g.

Billy Longer is a gun

You can believe everything you read on Saintsational

Kent would have played finals if fit.
Difference between my post and yours kosi is I clearly wrote that I had made up Kent would be delisted and that I would run with that and have continued to do so.

You have just made up or rehashed Teds story that Kent WOULD have played finals if fit.

You have no proof of that or you or Ted would have posted it.

I am sticking with my fabricated story that he would have been delisted as long as you go with your made up story story he would have played finals.

We gave 3 years to a player who was going to be delisted.

PS. You forgot to highlight your last sentence in red :wink:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

As good as your posts are JB, I don’t read every one of them. But even if you say in an earlier post that you’re making something up, subsequent posts just look like trolling.

As for Kent playing finals if not injured, there’s no way to be sure. But he was picked for the last two games, and I would say it’s LIKELY he would have played finals. In factI heard Petracca was saved from being dropped by Kent’s injury.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 6:52pm As good as your posts are JB, I don’t read every one of them. But even if you say in an earlier post that you’re making something up, subsequent posts just look like trolling.

As for Kent playing finals if not injured, there’s no way to be sure. But he was picked for the last two games, and I would say it’s LIKELY he would have played finals. In factI heard Petracca was saved from being dropped by Kent’s injury.
I'm deeply hurt that you don't read all my posts kosi :wink: and have you ever noticed how much Tom Elliott resembles the painting of Mozart you use as an avatar?

Now onto the Kent topic, as I feel the need to bore a few more people on this topic.

What you are intimating is it is OK to make up Kent stories from assumptions as long as they are positive.
example: Kent played round 21 & 22 so would have played finals if fit and was in Melbournes best 22.

But it is trolling if you fabricate a negative story on assumptions.
example: Kent has played more VFL than AFL, has played 60 AFL games in 6 or 7 seasons, has struggled to get his body right, his club didn't match saints offer, they let him go for a low throw away pick - so he would have been delisted if we didn't trade for him.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 8:48am
kosifantutti wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 6:52pm As good as your posts are JB, I don’t read every one of them. But even if you say in an earlier post that you’re making something up, subsequent posts just look like trolling.

I'm deeply hurt that you don't read all my posts kosi :wink: and have you ever noticed how much Tom Elliott resembles the painting of Mozart you use as an avatar?

Now onto the Kent topic, as I feel the need to bore a few more people on this topic.

What you are intimating is it is OK to make up Kent stories from assumptions as long as they are positive.
example: Kent played round 21 & 22 so would have played finals if fit and was in Melbournes best 22.

But it is trolling if you fabricate a negative story on assumptions.
example: Kent has played more VFL than AFL, has played 60 AFL games in 6 or 7 seasons, has struggled to get his body right, his club didn't match saints offer, they let him go for a low throw away pick - so he would have been delisted if we didn't trade for him.
Thanks for the heads up on Tom Elliott. I’ll check it out.

As for the two Kent stories, one is a made up story that can easily be proven false with a quick search.

The other is an assumption based on facts. We’ll never know if it was right or wrong but I’d say there’s not many players who play in two wins at the end of the season and get dropped for the finals. Maybe you could provide the stats on that.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Kent was finals bound in a top 4 side before getting injured in Rd 23.

Minch didn't even play a game in a bottom 4 side.

One has played 3 x as many games and kicked 3 x as many goals.

Pretty sure I know who I would prefer. Case closed. Kent is one to keep an eye on.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:14pmMaybe you could provide the stats on that.
I can give you the stats on how many 24 year old, 'best 22' players from top 4 sides get traded for picks over 60.

None.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kent's first 28 games yielded 3 wins, that gives you a reasonable gauge of the kind of side he was getting regular games in.

He should fit in well to a side coming off a 4 win season.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 2:20pm
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:14pmMaybe you could provide the stats on that.
I can give you the stats on how many 24 year old, 'best 22' players from top 4 sides get traded for picks over 60.

None.
Agreed. Bargain!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 1:56pm Kent was finals bound in a top 4 side before getting injured in Rd 23.

Minch didn't even play a game in a bottom 4 side.

One has played 3 x as many games and kicked 3 x as many goals.

Pretty sure I know who I would prefer. Case closed. Kent is one to keep an eye on.
I think Kosi and I agreed to glow the bulls***.

For the record I have no issue recruiting Kent and he may or may not be better than Minchington, though I don't ever recall him playing.

The comment he was going to play finals is absolutely fabricated, perhaps give Baily Fritsch a call and get his opinion.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

He was offered a two year contract by the Melbourne Football club though.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 4:03pm He was offered a two year contract by the Melbourne Football club though
In 2016!
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Wed 07 Nov 2018 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Joffa forgets he brought up Kent on a Minchington thread. It was purely done to cause mischief and to troll.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Is this a thread about Minchington?

Coincidentally I saw him in a cafe yesterday morning. He looked healthy and happy. I don’t think he was reading Saintsational.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 5:38pm Joffa forgets he brought up Kent on a Minchington thread. It was purely done to cause mischief and to troll.
- Billings to Essendon #9 – done
- More trades to follow Hannebery & Kent
- Hannebery for future 2nd round pick
- Kent was in Melbournes best 22 and was set top play finals
- Saints to trade for Amon
- Shiel says no to Essendon
- Bugg can play
- Choco Williams to take role at saints
- Saints do not have a bottom 4 list
- In the box seat for McGovern
- 75% of clubs or more would have taken paddy #1
- Hawthorn Shiels preferred destination
- We should swoop on Scrimshaw

stonecold
SS Life Member

Oh Joffa, really?????

And 'liked' by 3 of the biggest trolls on here!!!!!

Some supporters should just get off, please don't buy membership's, some of you are really not true 'supporters'!!!!!

Get on board or f*** off, your not providing any value!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 7:04pm Oh Joffa, really?????

Some supporters should just get off, please don't buy membership's, some of you are really not true 'supporters'!!!!!

I guess I have a date in the car park at Marvel Stadium :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I thought altering a posters posts was against the rules.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 7:30pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 07 Nov 2018 7:04pm Oh Joffa, really?????

I guess I have a date in the car park at Marvel Stadium :lol:
You'd have to ask the 'other 3', maybe they would interested, sorry Joffa, your not my type!!!!! 😂

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Sad thing is, Joffa probably keeps a spreadsheet on my posts, but most importantly...he totally ignores the full story on what I post, clarifying future posts, facts and only uses snippets. Childish stuff really. The fact some equally dumb people like and think using 4 or 5 words to inaccurately explain the full story of what I have posted is telling.

Total = 1.