Administration and Coach - Hold our nerve

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Administration and Coach - Hold our nerve

Lol.
Wish we had a laughing stock coach who won over half his games and never had a % below 90.

I think it is you and Richo who are the laughing stocks.
34 wins from 100 games and % under 70 is pretty darn funny.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:32am Lol.
Wish we had a laughing stock coach who won over half his games and never had a % below 90.

I think it is you and Richo who are the laughing stocks.
34 wins from 100 games and % under 70 is pretty darn funny.
I bet Richo wishes he had Collingwood's media machine, along with their list, admin and facilities, as his ability to achieve incremental improvement over the last 4 years instead of the opposite, would probably have made him coach of the year. A few posts back you made the astounding observation that Collingwood had a lousy list and no high draft picks during Buckley's tenure, and that we were working off the same base...so observation's not your thing.

In any case, as I mentioned, it's pretty hard to mount a case for poor old Richo without anything less than a spectacular form reversal from the team, but I doubt anything will happen until end of season.

Flagless
Club Player

st sandy wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 1:32pm So i am in my fifties & a 4th generation supporter/member of the saints (my children are 5th)
I can safely say that i have seen it all when it comes to the roller coaster ride of our footy club. And what is the saying...it is never as bad as it seems & never as good as it seems

I can confidently say that the current group of administrators at our footy club are the BEST that i can remember & i go back along along way. Yes that is Summers, Finnis, Lethlean & the Coach. (I listen to and read the same media as everyone else & attend the games)
For the younger supporters on here, the history of the saints is littered with poor & weak administration & no doubt has lead to our infamous history

In my view the most diabolical outcome that could occur is to make wholesale changes to all aspects of the club being Board, CEO, Footy admin & yes the coach.

For once in our history MY WISH is that we show strength & leadership & HOLD OUR NERVE
Yes that includes supporting the Board, Coach & players during these difficult times & backing the decisions they have made
i have faith with current administration

The integrity of an organisation is reflected in decisions made during difficult times - my wish is for our administration to hold firm, continue to fight & demand improved performance

You only have to look at richmond in 2016 with 4 wins and a leadership challenge to confirm that things can turn very quickly for an organisation that stays on course & backs themselves during a period of poor on field performance

Bleeding red, black & white

The reason many people are calling for changes including the removal of Richardson, is because it is seen to be doing something, when as you say all it will do is create instability. The problems at the moment are many faceted but most people don't understand problem solving and make the same mistake over and over again, i.e jump to answers before they know what the problem actually is. It may well be the Richo is not the right man for the job, but as sure as eggs, Vince Lombardi wouldn't be able to coach the current group to success. There is a lack of top line talent and leadership on the field and our ball use by foot is abysmal, rectify that first and if Richo then cant get improved performance maybe changes need to be made. Its a lot like asking someone to bake a cake to present at the Royal show and then giving them substandard ingredients to bake it.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:31pm Getting a Mitchell or a Hodge type in on a one year contract that rolls into an assistant coaching role might be helpful to adding some stability on the field. We seem to be struggling for leadership when there is a run against us.

Getting an assistant who has coached an AFL team to support Richo might be helpful.

Regenerating the assistant coaches in this manner could be more helpful than the clean-out approach which can take time to settle down.

Our list requirements are well known by the club and supporters so stability will come from continuing to get the required types into the club.

These are the types of decisions that seem to becoming the new industry trend especially from the powerhouse clubs.
Sounds sensible and reasonable to me.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)