Sam Gilbert

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Gilbert

Devilhead wrote:We get it Sonny - you don't like Gilbert
Absolute cop out!

I've got nothing against him personally but he is a protected species on here. Has been dining out on his 2009/2010 form for 6 years now. It is a joke.
Should not be an automatic selection. Should be scrutinized in the same way as everyone else. That is all I am asking. Equal treatment.
This is not about me not liking him - just open your eyes . How is he rated/ranked by independent sources???

Rd 2 - 5 disposals as a midfielder
Rd 8 - 6 disposals as a midfielder/defender (NOT ON KENNEDY)
Rd 9 - 6 disposals as a midfielder - not playing on anyone.

Just look at the numbers. It has nothing to do with what I think. They speak for themselves.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 8:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I've got nothing against him but he is a protected species on here. Has been dining out on his 2009/2010 form for 6 years now. It is a joke.
Should not be an automatic selection. Should be scrutinized in the same way as everyone else. That is all I am asking. Equal treatment.
you still bagging Gilbert ? seriously ?

your cred has never been that good Con why would you want to lower it ?

longtimesaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Absolute cop out!

I've got nothing against him personally but he is a protected species on here. Has been dining out on his 2009/2010 form for 6 years now. It is a joke.
This is not about me not liking him - just open your eyes . How is he rated/ranked by independent sources???
He was BOG only two weeks ago.

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I've got nothing against him but he is a protected species on here. Has been dining out on his 2009/2010 form for 6 years now. It is a joke.

The numbers speak for themselves. No excuse for a 29 yo serving up such horrid numbers. 5-6 disposals as an unaccountable midfielder 3 times this year in 9 games.
Bury your head in the sand if you like. Be in denial. Continue being delusional that we are still in 2010. This has nothing to do with me. The facts are right there staring you in the face.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Absolute cop out!

He was BOG only two weeks ago.
No he wasnt. Why do you need to lie? He did have a good game no doubt. He has one good game every 5.
Best were Riewoldt, Cunnington, Montagna, Goldstein.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

The numbers speak for themselves. No excuse for a 29 yo serving up such horrid numbers. 5-6 disposals as an unaccountable midfielder 3 times this year in 9 games.
Bury your head in the sand if you like. Be in denial. Continue being delusional that we are still in 2010. This has nothing to do with me. The facts are right there staring you in the face.
If I was coaching I would have him in the side no probs .. his positives outweigh any negs. Thank christ you aren't coaching us Con that's all I can say.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

If I was coaching I would have him in the side no probs .. his positives outweigh any negs. Thank christ you aren't coaching us Con that's all I can say.
That doesnt address the facts. I would treat him the same as everyone else. ON 2016 FORM. Not 2010 form. If he has a bad game (or three) he should be as accountable as anyone else. Maybe more so because he is 29. What is excuse for so many putrid games?

Protected species. I expect it because he is tall and blonde. People just 'like' him and ignore actual objective facts.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 7:01pm, edited 2 times in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

No No No!!!

Gilbert is an elite player. We're lucky to have him. He brings amazing versatility to the team as an elite defending midfielder that goes forward. He brings experience and leadership and all those intangible qualities that you can't measure by on field actions.

He should be Captain

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He has been dreadful two weeks in a row.

Must be dropped or Roberton goes... Don't need both
Gilbert on performance ... 2 good games this year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

No No No!!!

Gilbert is an elite player. We're lucky to have him. He brings amazing versatility to the team as an elite defending midfielder that goes forward. He brings experience and leadership and all those intangible qualities that you can't measure by on field actions.

He should be Captain
True. He is versatile, athletic tall midfielder who can play back and fwd. Just elite! A gun! Top 50 in the AFL easily!!!

(This is the Saintsational fan-boi fantasy! Lets just get on board. If you cant beat em join em. :D)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 7:05pm, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He has been dreadful two weeks in a row.

Must be dropped or Roberton goes... Don't need both
Gilbert on performance ... 2 good games this year.
He is a gun! Elite in the AFL. Versatile midfielder! Easily top 50 in the AFL!

(I have given up arguing objective fact. Easier to just join the delusional fantasists.)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is nothing to do with me. This is about objective fact.

Here is what two independent unbiased sources say:

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-rati ... ub/CD_T130

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... am-GILBERT

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Speaking of cred - do you think 3 disposals at 3/4 time against a VFL side playing as an unaccountable midfielder is ok for a 29 yo?? Yes or No?
Or do you just find Sam handsome and think he does great as long as he is out there in his shorts? I mean it must be subjective because you cant make an objective argument.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Speaking of cred - do you think 3 disposals at 3/4 time against a VFL side playing as an unaccountable midfielder is ok for a 29 yo?? Yes or No?
Or do you just find Sam handsome and think he does great as long as he is out there in his shorts? I mean it must be subjective because you cant make an objective argument.
it seems that everytime the whole side fails you pick out Gilbert. That seems a bit odd. Geary next ? that qrt the ball went no where near Gilbert.(.he forced a holding the ball decision.) so is that his fault ?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Had an impact. Knocked Hickey out.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

it seems that everytime the whole side fails you pick out Gilbert. That seems a bit odd. Geary next ? that qrt the ball went no where near Gilbert.(.he forced a holding the ball decision.) so is that his fault ?
Objective judgment. If you are blinded by sentimental man love thats your problem.

On any objective/unbiased measure Gilbert has been putrid two weeks in a row.

Dont take my word for it. Here are two objective unbiased assessments.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... am-GILBERT

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-rati ... ub/CD_T130

One of us is being driven by sentiment and it isnt me.

The numbers speak for themselves. 6 disposals last week and 5 this week in full matches of football.

He isnt playing as a Key defender but an unaccountable midfielder.

How is this ok for a 29yo?????

He gets a dream run on here because some people are overly sentimental and reminisce fondly about 2009/10. That was 6 years ago!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Went nowhere near him? He is playing as a mid FFS. It isnt 1970 where you stand in one position. Are you joking?
Seriously kidding yourself. What a pathetic excuse.
So two weeks in a row the ball went nowhere near him for two full matches? Is he just standing on a 5c coin hoping the ball arrives? He is 29 FFS.
I dont see Montagna, Ross or Steven or any other top 300 player in the AFL standing around hoping the ball comes to them once a quarter.
Face facts. FFS.
Do Montagna, Ross and Steven just get 'lucky' 40 times every week that the ball comes their way?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The opportunities he had this game he did well .I have no particular love for Gilbert , i don't really have any favourites but the thing that s***s me the most is the peanut element we have in our supporter base who single out a player in a poor overall team effort. Gilbert won't be around very long but gee I hope he puts in a blinder to stick it up the poor section of our supporter base.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:The opportunities he had this game he did well .I have no particular love for Gilbert , i don't really have any favourites but the thing that s***s me the most is the peanut element we have in our supporter base who single out a player in a poor overall team effort. Gilbert won't be around very long but gee I hope he puts in a blinder to stick it up the poor section of our supporter base.
You should get a certificate for being supporter of the week.

6 disposals last week.
7 this week as a mid - all in junk time. Only 3 at 3/4 time.

That is two full matches. And before the excuses come out - he wasnt playing on any key fwds.

All I am asking is that players are treated equally.

Gilbert gets a dream run from supporters and coaches because of what he did six years ago.

The absolute 'peanuts' are ones that genuinely claim Gilbert is an elite top 50 AFL player. Just one-eyed crap.
Find me a top 200 player that has two games <10 disposals as a mid in a row????
All I am doing is calling from some objectivity on here. The delusional fan-boi crap is ridiculous.
Gilbert is 29 FFS. He doesnt need to be treated with kid gloves.
If he isnt contributing - then Id rather play a kid instead.
I hope you will be happy and patting yourself on the back when Lee gets the ass at the end of the year.
Patting youself on the back for being world's best supporter?
I support all our players. Not just a few sentimental favourites.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 8:27pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:The opportunities he had this game he did well .I have no particular love for Gilbert , i don't really have any favourites but the thing that s***s me the most is the peanut element we have in our supporter base who single out a player in a poor overall team effort. Gilbert won't be around very long but gee I hope he puts in a blinder to stick it up the poor section of our supporter base.
+19

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
+19

God you are a brown nose Spaceman. Nauseating.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ok I'll just toe the company line.
Gilbo is a great versatile tall midfielder. Can go fwd can go back. One of the AFL's elite. Easily top 50 in the comp.
Gun. Allowed a couple of bad games because he has bank loads of credits from all his great games.
The independent ranking and rating sites are all WRONG because they dont understand all those intangibles that Gilbo brings.
In fact - he is the barometer of our side. If he is up and going then we are hard to beat.
There you go. That is the company line on here.
Happy now?
As ridiculous as it is. Ill just keep repeating it like a mantra.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 8:32pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Image

Gilbo is a great versatile tall midfielder. Can go fwd can go back. One of the AFL's elite. Easily top 50 in the comp.
Gun. Allowed a couple of bad games because he has bank loads of credits from all his great games.
The independent ranking and rating sites are all WRONG because they dont understand all those intangibles that Gilbo brings.
In fact - he is the barometer of our side. If he is up and going then we are hard to beat.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 22 May 2016 9:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend