Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Petracca

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
millarsaint wrote:This period we've lost some big names but I think some new blokes have potential to fill the void.
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright
Koschitzke - Tom Lee (intelligently designed to be controversial)
I would have Templeton to fill milneys shoes. Has that X factor and knows how to kick goals. Petracca might be more of a goddard type? And unfortunately I always thought of Rhys as our Kosi replacement.

We still haven't found our next Roo. Hopefully there is some truth to the JC trade rumours next year.
Caleb Daniel is the next Milney. Crazy little bee in a bottle helmet man.

Plays nothing like Milney. He is a pure onballer.
We would be taking him as a small forward. He's got the same lateral movement and frenetic running up and down on the spot. Not saying he's the same player just similar traits that would transfer over to the role Milne played. Probably more like Brent Harvey if you wanted a more exact comparison.

Yep more like Harvey when Harvey plays as a mid. Daniel isa pure mid. Just because he is small doesn't make him a small forward.
You obviously didn't see the recruiting meeting that the Saints put up. They were talking of him as a small forward at AFL level. In some of the Phantom drafts they are seeing him as a small forward if he can make the top level.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Puff piece on the AFL website. The AFL is not afraid of hype. To be taken with several truckloads of salt. I remember they also tried to claim Pendles turned his back on his 'NBA dream'.

Now anyone who knows even the slightest thing about the NBA knows the chances of someone like Petracca or Pendles making it are almost zero. Anyway enjoy!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/w ... -nba-dream
I think it would be more fair to say the NBA turned its' back on Petracca and Pendles as they do on anyone who is not over 2 metres tall.
AFL football has one disgusting reality - if you are not over 180cm tall you have very little chance of playing in the big time.
If you are under 170cm forget it, the game is not designed to allow you to play.

There in lies the one virtue of soccer, height has its advantages but equally small has its' advantages too.
You obviously haven't seen Patty Mills play, I think he might just scrape 6 foot in the old measurements. I think Pendles would be taller than that and Petracca around that. Plenty of little point guards still out there. Still a much easier game if you are 199cms.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Puff piece on the AFL website. The AFL is not afraid of hype. To be taken with several truckloads of salt. I remember they also tried to claim Pendles turned his back on his 'NBA dream'.

Now anyone who knows even the slightest thing about the NBA knows the chances of someone like Petracca or Pendles making it are almost zero. Anyway enjoy!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/w ... -nba-dream
I think it would be more fair to say the NBA turned its' back on Petracca and Pendles as they do on anyone who is not over 2 metres tall.
AFL football has one disgusting reality - if you are not over 180cm tall you have very little chance of playing in the big time.
If you are under 170cm forget it, the game is not designed to allow you to play.

There in lies the one virtue of soccer, height has its advantages but equally small has its' advantages too.
How many 195+ cm soccer players are there?
The reality is that afl most likely has the biggest scope of heights that can succeed at the top level amongst all the 'football' sports.

Freebird
Club Player

+1