GWS now have 4, 6, 7 to trade for pick 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: GWS now have 4, 6, 7 to trade for pick 1

rodrocket wrote:How about 4,6 and Shiel/WHE ?

Honestly id lose my sh*t :-) with joy if we pulled that off :-)
I think Shiel committed to the club recently... Cant see them giving up confirmed guns like those two in a hurry...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
jaxons wrote:We have something up our sleeve that will hopefully leave us with 21 and 22.
Throwing in a player as steak knives?

Gilbo, Chips or leftover nude photos of SOS to blackmail him into it :D

The Pelch
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 15 Oct 2014 6:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siposstar#2
Club Player

The Last 10 years.

1-Deledio

4-Tambling
6-Williams
7-Lewis
----------------------
1-Murphy

4-Kennedy
6-Dowler
7-Ryder
----------------------
1- Gibbs

4-Leuenberger
6-Thorp
7- Selwood
----------------------
1-Kreuzer

4-Morton
6-Myers
7-Palmer
-----------------------
1-watts

4-Hartlett
6-Yarran
7-Rich
------------------------
1-Scully

4-Morabito
6-Rohan
7-Sheppard
------------------------
1-Swallow

4-Gaff
6-Conca
7-Caddy
------------------------
1-Patton

4-Hoskin-Elliot
6-Wingard
7-Haynes
-------------------------
1-Whitfield

4-Toumpas
6-Macrae
7-Wines
--------------------------
1-Boyd

4-Bontempelli
6-Scharenberg
7-Aish
-------------------------

Weigh those up!

Lets hope no repeats of 04

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Batnoe
Club Player

Please give them Joey and 1
So we can keep 21-22

Carn Saints
sax
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:
jaxons wrote:We have something up our sleeve that will hopefully leave us with 21 and 22.
Throwing in a player as steak knives?

Milera? :D

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Siposstar#2 wrote:
Weigh those up!

Lets hope no repeats of 04
You dont like Jordan Lewis?

damienc
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
FQF wrote:Can I just ask, if this is such a good trade for us, then why would GWS do it?

Are they stupid?

Is Petracca worth more to them than to us?

I actually don't quite understand why GWS would sell the house for Petracca while we are so willing to trade him away.

Because GWS, just like the Gold Coast before them, have to reduce the numbers on their list !! They have the exact opposite problem we do. They are willing to unload multiple really good draft picks to get one outstanding draft pick. GWS are actually doing exactly what they need to do here (if they trade 4, 6, 7 for our pick 1). They bring in an elite senior midfielder, and another number one pick, and trade out kids that wanted to go home due to lack of game time etc. to make it happen. They reduce their list size and only bring in elite talent. We just happen to be in the right place at the right time to be the beneficiaries of their needs. Jaksch, Whiley & pick 19 for pick 7. Neither kid was a regular, and pick 19 to GWS is like pick 60 to us. If they're smart they'll do the same thing again next year too. They'll bundle up players and picks that are attractive to standard clubs to work up the draft order or land top end senior players.

Their list is still 48 players and they need to get that down to 40 !! Plus they still need to bring players in via the draft every year like everyone else. They will be expecting more kids to want out next year too, so watch for them working that into top end picks and class senior players, probably for another two years. They also have one problem that the Suns don't. Most kids would be happy to live on the Gold Coast to play footy, can't necessarily say the same for Western Sydney

Well said True Believer, I think you are on the money with this.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

we would only want the picks ... we are getting Membry that would be all we bring in the rest would be picks from the draft

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Put yourselves in GWS shoes.
They have a problem of having maybe 10-15 talented 18-20 yos who all know they can get games elsewhere but are rotting week in week out in the NEAFL. As GWS rise and get a more settled line up - many of those 18-19yos have no hope of playing senior footy any time in the next 5 years. This will lead to mass discontent in the ranks. They cant just keep bringing in 18yos and saying hey guys realistically none of you will get a Sr game in the next 5 years.
They need a better list/age balance and they know it. Otherwise every time a player gets to 20 and isnt in the starting 22 - they will look elsewhere for opportunties (Jackshe, Wiley, Frost, Bruce, Adams, JOR etc). This number will grow if they keep just adding more and more talented 18yos.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 15 Oct 2014 6:44pm, edited 7 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Put yourselves in GWS shoes.
They have a problem of having maybe 10-15 talented 18-20 yos who all know they can get games elsewhere but are rotting week in week out in the NEAFL. As GWS rise and get a more settled line up - many of those 18-19yos have no hope of playing senior footy any time in the next 5 years. This will lead to mass discontent in the ranks. They cant just keep bringing in 18yos and saying hey guys realistically none of you will get a Sr game in the next 5 years.
They need a better list/age balance and they know it. Otherwise every time a player gets to 20 and isnt in the starting 22 - they will look elsewhere for opportunties (Jackshe, Wiley, Frost, Bruce, Adams, JOR etc). This number will grow if they keep just adding more and more talented 18yos.

<sorry for double post>
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 15 Oct 2014 6:43pm, edited 8 times in total.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
FQF wrote:Can I just ask, if this is such a good trade for us, then why would GWS do it?

Are they stupid?

I actually don't quite understand why GWS would sell the house for Petracca while we are so willing to trade him away.
Agree on the face of it - its massively in our favour.

For them to do it it would have to be for broader list balance reasons. Maybe they dont want 3 more 18 yo kids? Maybe they will try for another older player.
Your question answers itself, Con.

Apart from the likes of Ward and Davis (who I still harbour doubts about), they've taken blokes like Junior McDonald for a year at the start and Hunt for the year just finished, and broken down guys like....the ex-hawk key defender...Gillam?

Massively unbalanced list, what 3 years in?

They don't need more numbers of potential kids - they need quality and blokes who are thereabouts already.

Pole position now, us.

Patience is its own reward (hopefully).

When I said, a coupla days back, that the Dogs couldn't possibly trade Griffin for low picks, after what Gordon said, and that they, at least, had to make the deal look different, this is ballpark what I'd hoped would happen. Twas a plan and it was cunning.

The Dogs have gone crazy - ~ $7M for 7 years for a bloke whose played < 10 games.

If people don't want to learn from the Dorks approach after they lost Franklin, then so be it. The game ain't about a few superstars now, it's about numbers and overall quality.

Do the deal, even if it takes some steak knives to go with 1 to get it done.

Please, do the deal.

High anticipation going into the last day.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Jeez,hope your right Jaxons. I'd be excited about our future again if we have 4,6,7,21 and 22. Throw in next years likely two top 20 picks and we have an armoury of young talent to take us forward 2016 and beyond

Bring back the Lockett era
fingers
Saintsational Legend

On SEN just now they are saying GWS will turn their attention to McCartin.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:What about 1, Montagna and 40 for 4, 6, 7? I wouldn't be unhappy with that.

If we managed to keep 4,6,7,21,22 I would have a party with free booze.
Address?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Die Hard 7
Club Player

Any chance of them becoming interested in McCartin at 1 due to losing Boyd, them moving up to one to take McCartin, then melb taking petracca with 2 and Wright with 3 and leaving Brayshaw to slide to 4?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If GWS introduce 3 good old players - lets say Griff, Patful, Joey/Gilbo and just one good kid (Petracca/McCartin) - it will go a long way to re-balancing their list profile for the next two years.
Not a bad move on their part I reckon.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 15 Oct 2014 6:49pm, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:What about 1, Montagna and 40 for 4, 6, 7? I wouldn't be unhappy with that.

Address?
Your house. Ill bring the keg :D

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Address?
Your house. Ill bring the keg :D
What if he lives in Seaford? :shock:

4ever_saint
Club Player

SEN is saying GWS are likely to pursue McCartin with Pick 1 because of Boyd leaving. It's coming from Scott Lucas, who is McCartin's manager.

Die Hard 7
Club Player

Will Roos take 2 mids or will 1 slip to us?

Furphy
Club Player

Are they stupid?

I agree, what can we do with those picks that GWS can't?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:On SEN just now they are saying GWS will turn their attention to McCartin.
That would suggest they are looking at trading with Melbourne IMO

2 & 3 for 4,6 & 7?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Die Hard 7 wrote:Any chance of them becoming interested in McCartin at 1 due to losing Boyd, them moving up to one to take McCartin, then melb taking petracca with 2 and Wright with 3 and leaving Brayshaw to slide to 4?
Gary Lyon reckons Brayshaw is a lock for Melb @2. If they pick Wright @ 3, Petracca may be @4 is Scott Lucas is correct.

You are garbage - Enough said
saintly
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:

Are they stupid?

Because GWS, just like the Gold Coast before them, have to reduce the numbers on their list !! They have the exact opposite problem we do. They are willing to unload multiple really good draft picks to get one outstanding draft pick. GWS are actually doing exactly what they need to do here (if they trade 4, 6, 7 for our pick 1). They bring in an elite senior midfielder, and another number one pick, and trade out kids that wanted to go home due to lack of game time etc. to make it happen. They reduce their list size and only bring in elite talent. We just happen to be in the right place at the right time to be the beneficiaries of their needs. Jaksch, Whiley & pick 19 for pick 7. Neither kid was a regular, and pick 19 to GWS is like pick 60 to us. If they're smart they'll do the same thing again next year too. They'll bundle up players and picks that are attractive to standard clubs to work up the draft order or land top end senior players.

Their list is still 48 players and they need to get that down to 40 !! Plus they still need to bring players in via the draft every year like everyone else. They will be expecting more kids to want out next year too, so watch for them working that into top end picks and class senior players, probably for another two years. They also have one problem that the Suns don't. Most kids would be happy to live on the Gold Coast to play footy, can't necessarily say the same for Western Sydney

Does GWS have to reduce their list this year? and if so by how much?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
fingers wrote:On SEN just now they are saying GWS will turn their attention to McCartin.
That would suggest they are looking at trading with Melbourne IMO

2 & 3 for 4,6 & 7?
So Melbourne dont get any of Brayshaw or Petracca, who are clearly 1 & 2 on thier hit list.

Not happening.