This Guy (Rossy) can coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: This Guy (Rossy) can coach

SaintPav wrote:
markp wrote:Poor poor Harvey... got his contract paid out in full, how awful for him.

Was just about to hit his straps too.... bit like tommy walsh.

Actually Freo didn't want to pay him out.
Better than us who didn't even want to pay for Jarred Allens reco…

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Am I the only one who thinks to this point that Freo have under-achieved?

Mark Harvey repeatedly late last year that 2012 was going to be the year they charged... Looking at Freos list, I was expecting a top 4 spot.

Not saying he's a poor coach... don't think he's done that well though

markp
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
markp wrote:Poor poor Harvey... got his contract paid out in full, how awful for him.

But they did... $500k or there abouts.

That poor man.

A piddly $500k golden handshake then they kicked him out on the street.

How can Lyon sleep at night?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Am I the only one who thinks to this point that Freo have under-achieved?

Mark Harvey repeatedly late last year that 2012 was going to be the year they charged... Looking at Freos list, I was expecting a top 4 spot.

Maybe… though they will probably end up only one game out of the top 4, while learning a new game plan, plus have missed Sandilands and Fyfe for most of the season… probably 2 of their top 3 players.
Certainly playing better footy at the business end of the season.
They would be expecting top 4 next year you would think.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Am I the only one who thinks to this point that Freo have under-achieved?

Where did you have them at the start of the year? I reckon they are pretty much where I thought RL would have them. Better times next year.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Where did you have them at the start of the year? I reckon they are pretty much where I thought RL would have them. Better times next year.
Why?
Pav 31
Sandi 30
McPharlin 31

3 very important structural players on the downward slide I would say...
Not so sure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?
Pav 31
Sandi 30
McPharlin 31

Not so sure.

Well Sandi hardly played so he wont be worse next year and Pav hardly misses a game so I reckon he will be fine next year. Mc Pharlin sould be ok. Fyfe hardly played but more importantly RL can get ordinary players to play well as a team. Look at the improvement in the last 6-8 games. They will know more of what RL expects next year and i also think they have a very good bunch of young kids.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?
Pav 31
Sandi 30
McPharlin 31

Not so sure.

Well Sandi hardly played so he wont be worse next year and Pav hardly misses a game so I reckon he will be fine next year. Mc Pharlin sould be ok. Fyfe hardly played but more importantly RL can get ordinary players to play well as a team. Look at the improvement in the last 6-8 games. They will know more of what RL expects next year and i also think they have a very good bunch of young kids.
Sandi could be worse and not play at all, Mcpharlin is starting to struggle IMO.
Ross needs his structure more than most, travelling every second week, time is running out for him I reckon.

spert
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:GT had a Plan A, but no Plan B.

Ross had a Plan B, but unfortunately came with no Plan A.

Watters might be able to strike a balance between the two, though at this stage he is tending towards Plan A.
I think Watters needs a Plan C, as A and B haven't delivered a premiership for GT and RL.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

I have no doubt he would've stayed if we got our act together earlier no doubt..[/quote]

Not so sure.

He needed money, and I still firmly believe he was in negotiations with the Demons as well.[/quote]

I also think that. which was why the strength and condition person went to melbourne.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote: If you think im less fortunate, how about i invite you over for some dinner, take a walk around my house and ill show you everything else i have in my life. Obviously your perception skills arent as good as you think. Getting a good laugh out of you. Photos on twitter, thank you for looking at me, its got nothing bad on there, please send me a PM about your perception of me, i want to know.
I wasn't talking about what your parents own but I think you already know what I think of you.

Anyway, shouldn't you be busy starting another Ross Lyon thread! Perhaps I can give you an idea for the subject header: "Ross Lyon: A wonderful and perfect human being".
I know you dont like me. Dont lose sleep over it. I just want to know what you think of me, you did say you seem photos on twitter. I have nothing bad on there.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
dragit
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote: If you think im less fortunate, how about i invite you over for some dinner, take a walk around my house and ill show you everything else i have in my life. Obviously your perception skills arent as good as you think. Getting a good laugh out of you. Photos on twitter, thank you for looking at me, its got nothing bad on there, please send me a PM about your perception of me, i want to know.
I wasn't talking about what your parents own but I think you already know what I think of you.

Anyway, shouldn't you be busy starting another Ross Lyon thread! Perhaps I can give you an idea for the subject header: "Ross Lyon: A wonderful and perfect human being".
I know you dont like me. Dont lose sleep over it. I just want to know what you think of me, you did say you seem photos on twitter. I have nothing bad on there.
Are you still spruiking your twitter photo collection?
https://twitter.com/#!/DanielClark93/me ... 2FgCHzFmXx
Why don't you explain what you mean by the term 'F-ing asian drivers' champ? I would call that 'bad' and really a good indicator of your intellect level.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Are you still spruiking your twitter photo collection?
Why don't you explain what you mean by the term 'F-ing asian drivers' champ? I would call that 'bad' and really a good indicator of your intellect level.
No, i was attacked by Pav, i am defending my integrity. Are you implying im racist? If so, my fathers side is asian, infact half of his extended family is asian, i have been to many family gatherings and get along with them great. Also if it was an Australian in the car, i would say the same. "Fken Aussie Drivers". Dont go playing the race card, i would be highly surprised if you have never been into Dandenong or somewhere with high immigrant population, and had a thought that has come in to your head.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
No, i was attacked by Pav, i am defending my integrity. Are you implying im racist? If so, my fathers side is asian, infact half of his extended family is asian, i have been to many family gatherings and get along with them great. Also if it was an Australian in the car, i would say the same. "Fken Aussie Drivers". Dont go playing the race card, i would be highly surprised if you have never been into Dandenong or somewhere with high immigrant population, and had a thought that has come in to your head.
I did not attack you at all. Go back and read your threads. You are an imbecile and dumb arse and a waste of time.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
I did not attack you at all. Go back and read your threads. You are an imbecile and dumb arse and a waste of time.
Maybe not in this thread, but you have in other threads. Imbecile and dumbarse, never been called that in real life. Hmmm, i wonder why? Waste of time? That cant be true, you have spent the majority of your post's in this thread replying to me. Strange....

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Lyon has done extremely well to get the Dockers playing the quality stuff they delivered away from home today.

I thought it would take him a couple of seasons to get them into the finals : unlike most posters on here, who thought it would never happen because Freo are a crap team and Lyon is a crap coach.

He got there in one season. Well done to him.
I'm not sure I buy the 'he got there' thing.

They finished 6th 18 months ago, then we're massacred with injury last year. It's not a stretch to say that most coaches, including Mark Harvey would have expected them to play finals again this year.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

No, I'm with you.

Although with a new coach it rarely clicks immediately, so 6th - 8th was absolutely expected.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Were having a real bad 2012 due to injury too.
Very sad excuse, we've had one of the lowest injury lists all year. Our top 6 players have missed half a dozen games in total - all to Fisher…
I said 'were' in reference to Freo.

Not 'we're'.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who tries to convince themselves that he is not a superb AFL coach is surely deluded.

His record is outstanding and he is only missing a premiership to top off his resume.....

Tactically astute
Strong leader
Good communicator

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Anyone who tries to convince themselves that he is not a superb AFL coach is surely deluded.

His record is outstanding and he is only missing a premiership to top off his resume.....

Tactically astute
Strong leader
Good communicator
Many a person disagrees with this for some reason.

Not sure on the good communicator, maybe to the players but not to anyone else surely.

Also seems is his weakness is that he cant rebuild a team, took an established team in Saints and Freo both times.

If I had to chose b/w Ross and Scotty to take the Saints forward it would be Scotty. Other way round, probably Rossy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:GT had a Plan A, but no Plan B.

Ross had a Plan B, but unfortunately came with no Plan A.

Isnt plan A your first plan? RL certainly had a first plan. may have had the best in the business.
Ok, his Plan A was to defend and his Plan B was to defend.

So whatever you want to call it - Plan A or Plan B - he had only the one plan.

GT's Plan A was to attack and his Plan B was to attack.

So, whichever way you look at it, he had only the one plan.

See what I'm getting at. Both had only the one plan.

Or am I confusing you?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

But they did... $500k or there abouts.

That poor man.

A piddly $500k golden handshake then they kicked him out on the street.

How can Lyon sleep at night?
LMFAO

Getting paid out your contract isn't a golden handshake...lol...

Getting stabbed in the back, being totally humiliated and then having your senior AFL coaching career ruined....yeah, it can't be that bad. What was I thinking..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Freo were dogs, Lyon a snake but lets not pretend Mark Harvey wasnt for a moment a cabbage of a coach.

Same as Ratten for mine - I desperately wanted the Blues to keep Ratten. Malhtouse will improve them and I dont want that.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Freo were dogs, Lyon a snake but lets not pretend Mark Harvey wasnt for a moment a cabbage of a coach.

Same as Ratten for mine - I desperately wanted the Blues to keep Ratten. Malhtouse will improve them and I dont want that.
Brissy have done OK since he came along, maybe just a coincidence...on the up they are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:Freo were dogs, Lyon a snake but lets not pretend Mark Harvey wasnt for a moment a cabbage of a coach.

Brissy have done OK since he came along, maybe just a coincidence...on the up they are.

Does Harvey coach Brisbane?