Best 22 for Rd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

From what I hear, Scotty will give Rhys every opportunity to play in the best 22

If he is fit ofcourse

I really hope his body holds up and he can have a season where he plays/is available to play at least 10-18 games

Would be very handy,considering our lack of tall men

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:2009 Grand Final to judge these 2?

At least you concede.

But my point is that Milne and/or Schnieder are missing in 65% of our matches and, of more concern, particularly against clubs in contention for the finals.

How many times do we kick less than 10 goals a game and why?

Especially as we have 2 such "super stars" on our full forward line as Schnieder and Milne.

This is where we have to improve both defensively and offensively and with a better range of options to stretch opposition defences.

Two 175cm players playing as they do do not cut it.
So is it better to have a 197cm player who hardly touches it or an Aaron Siposs who will probably struggle due to age and inexperience. Anyone the argument is a waste of time because everyone involved with the club will know both players are certain to play and so they should as one, Milne is clearly in our best ten and has been for about 8 years and the other is clearly in our best 15 and has been for all his time at our club. By the way Rioli goes missing for about the same time as Milne in games. I suppose you wouldnt play him either. Matter of fact most small forwards go missing in games, we are just lucky Milne goes missing for less time than most others.

And didnt Geelong play both Varcoe and Stokes in the latest GF. I think both of them are small forwards and neither is as good as Milne and at bet level with Schneider.
Stokes? LOL...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

But my point is that Milne and/or Schnieder are missing in 65% of our matches and, of more concern, particularly against clubs in contention for the finals.

Especially as we have 2 such "super stars" on our full forward line as Schnieder and Milne.

This is where we have to improve both defensively and offensively and with a better range of options to stretch opposition defences.

So is it better to have a 197cm player who hardly touches it or an Aaron Siposs who will probably struggle due to age and inexperience. Anyone the argument is a waste of time because everyone involved with the club will know both players are certain to play and so they should as one, Milne is clearly in our best ten and has been for about 8 years and the other is clearly in our best 15 and has been for all his time at our club. By the way Rioli goes missing for about the same time as Milne in games. I suppose you wouldnt play him either. Matter of fact most small forwards go missing in games, we are just lucky Milne goes missing for less time than most others.

And didnt Geelong play both Varcoe and Stokes in the latest GF. I think both of them are small forwards and neither is as good as Milne and at bet level with Schneider.
Stokes? LOL...
Stokes has won games for the Cats so one believes one needs to check ones' facts before slagging off an opposition player...roflcopter lol

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...
Stokes has won games for the Cats so one believes one needs to check ones' facts before slagging off an opposition player...roflcopter lol
Name one final or big game that Stokes has won for the Cats? He is well known for being a receiver even amongst Cats supporters you roflcopter...LOL...

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...
Name one final or big game that Stokes has won for the Cats? He is well known for being a receiver even amongst Cats supporters you roflcopter...LOL...
Cats Pies 09 prelim - he kicked 3 when they were needed big time.

roflcopter lulz srs lulz

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...

roflcopter lulz srs lulz
You must be joking..They won that game by 80 points or so he didn't exactly win them the game or step up when it really mattered.

Who is being the roflcopter now? lol..

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Hayes is ready to go round one baring a different injury.
Unless something has changed since mid December I think your information is off the mark.

Accordiung to Chris Pelchen he is an outside chance for round 1 but more likely a round 3 return.

May get some limited pre-season time but the club is not prepared to risk Lenny of not right.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Very hard to do this early.

Assuming Lenny & Gwilt are injured.

B: Gram Wilkes Dempster
HB: Cripps Gilbert Fisher
C: Ledger Goddard Jones
HF: Armo Riewoldt Steven
F: Milne Koschitzke Schneider

FOL: McEvoy Dal Santo Montagna

INT: Saad, Peak, Ray

SUB: Stanley

EMG: Clarke, Sipposs, Ross, Geary

Can't find a spot for Blake or Polo.

Gram & Raph - hard to sperate but I believe one experienced running backman needs to play but not sure we can have both in same team.

Kossie backs up Mc Evoy and Stanley as sub if one of the big guys goes down.

Plenty of run on the bench and on the ground with Cripps and Ledger adding spark on the ground and Saad adding forward cover and Peak & Ray run and mid/ back/ forward cover.

Wilkes fills the Zac role and Gilbo plays tall allowing Fisher and Cripps to set up off half back and maybe some run from Gram or Raph whoever gets picked.

Mid field rotations Joey, Dal, Ledger, Armo, Jones, Goddard, Ray, Jack, Peake and maybe Schneids & Milney.

I think most people would agree we need another forward target but Ican't see where it is coming from unless it is Stanley or Sipposs in a lead up role. Perhaps Wilkes and that may open up a spot for Blakey down back.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Unless something has changed since mid December I think your information is off the mark.

Accordiung to Chris Pelchen he is an outside chance for round 1 but more likely a round 3 return.

May get some limited pre-season time but the club is not prepared to risk Lenny of not right.
What about straight from Lenny. Is that good enough. May even play most of the NAB cup.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i guess we'll c then

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Assuming Lenny & Gwilt are injured.

B: Gram Wilkes Dempster
C: Ledger Goddard Jones
HF: Armo Riewoldt Steven
F: Milne Koschitzke Schneider

FOL: McEvoy Dal Santo Montagna

INT: Saad, Peak, Ray

SUB: Stanley
B: Gram Simpkin Dempster
C: Montagna Goddard Jones
HF: Schneider Riewoldt Ray
F: Milne Wilkes Saad

FOL: McEvoy Dal Santo Steven

INT: Stanley, Peake, Armo

Super SUB: Ledger

Unlucky
EMG: Sipposs, Kosi, Geary, Blakey, Polo, Markworth, Raph

imjured : Gwilty, Len-dog

We are pretty bl**dy good.

doppler effect
Club Player

Too hard to pick 22. There will be big competition for spots this year. Hopefully some of our big names get rested throughout the year much like what Geelong did last season. Rotation policy perhaps.

Round 1

B: Ray Simpkin Dempster
HB: Gram Fisher Gilbert
C: Goddard Armo Riewoldt
HF: Siposs Wilkes Schneider
F: Saad Kosi Milne

Foll: McEvoy Dal Santo Montagna

Int: Stanley Steven Peake
Emg: Cripps

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

What about straight from Lenny. Is that good enough. May even play most of the NAB cup.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that over dinner at your house? :wink:

Warwick

Dempster Wilkes Fisher

Gilbert Koschitzke Gwilt

Winmar Peake Dal Santo

Milera Goddard Saad

Schneider Riewoldt Milne

McEvoy Hayes Montagna

Int: Gram Steven Armitage

Sub: Stanley

Emg: Siposs Ray Jones

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...

roflcopter lulz srs lulz
You must be joking..They won that game by 80 points or so he didn't exactly win them the game or step up when it really mattered.

Apologies roflcopter.

2007 (Buckley's last game)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...

roflcopter lulz srs lulz

Apologies roflcopter.

LMFAO...Buckley's last game..who the f-ck care unless you are a filth troll. at the least you are an ignoramus and that is being kind. Piss off d**khead.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...

roflcopter lulz srs lulz

Apologies roflcopter.

LMFAO...Buckley's last game..who the f-ck care unless you are a filth troll. at the least you are an ignoramus and that is being kind. Piss off d**khead.
So I prove you incorrect and you just ramble a bunch of cussing in response?

The thing is buddy. I am a big deal around here and I know people who know people that will totally do you in without you even knowing about it.

See I can be a complete twat too.

Hell damn fart.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I will have a go with a team that I would like to see, but probably wont.

B.. Gram Wilkes Fisher
HB.. Clarke Stanley Dempster
C Milera Hayes Goddard
HF Sipposs Riewoldt Steven
FF Milne Kosi Cripps
R McEvoy Dal Santo Armitage

Int. Ledger Gilbert Jones Sub.. Ross/Markworth/Newnes

Could'nt find room for Montagna, Polo, Ray, and a few others.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Could'nt find room for Montagna, Polo, Ray, and a few others.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I will have a go with a team that I would like to see, but probably wont.

B.. Gram Wilkes Fisher
C Milera Hayes Goddard
FF Milne Kosi Cripps

I thought the idea was to win.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you concede.

Stokes? LOL...

roflcopter lulz srs lulz

Apologies roflcopter.

So I prove you incorrect and you just ramble a bunch of cussing in response?

The thing is buddy. I am a big deal around here and I know people who know people that will totally do you in without you even knowing about it.

See I can be a complete twat too.

Hell damn fart.
You only proved that you have limited football knowledge. As with you knowing people who know people blah blah balh...lol...you're a WANKER.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I will have a go with a team that I would like to see, but probably wont.

B.. Gram Wilkes Fisher
C Milera Hayes Goddard
FF Milne Kosi Cripps

So Montagna isn't as good as our new draftees, even as a sub.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

B.. Gram Wilkes Fisher
C Milera Hayes Goddard
FF Milne Kosi Cripps

newnes and raph ahead of montagna. thats the comedy thread for the year.

So Montagna isn't as good as our new draftees, even as a sub.
i will say one thing. everyone seems to think wilkes is a direct replacement for zac at fullback.

i think simpkin will be given first (and hopefully last) crack at fullback.

i reckon we might find wilkes at ff if/when he plays.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would be nice for someone to give Monty a rocket

Guy is a very good footballer.

He should be one of the elite

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am trying to add pace and speed and fastnest and quicker-than-them to our side. And I dont expect the selectors to follow my lead!