Permission To Train List

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

If Magner is a hard in and under mid is he any better than Polo?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
lefty
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:As for Magner, he isnt one of our young guys. He doesnt play for our club. IMO I think he is slow and his defensive work is poor. I have seen him play probably 15 games over the last 2 years. I would think that is a reasonable amount to get an opinion.
If he ran 2 Km in 6.30, that imo is a very friggen good effort.

Our mids are a bit week imo. Polo did a decent job this year and he isn't a fast player by no means, so there is a role. I also hope Armo is put in the midfield this year, not the forward line.

I don't think Magner would win a b&f and he was totally useless/no good as you seem to be coming across as.

As far as I'm concerned, we need middle aged ready recruits, as our core group is still good.

If we recruit all 18 yr olds, it will take some time before their ready (or might not even make it), and the core group would of passed on.

If you have any other suggestions for a ready made midfielder, please suggest. Whats Marigiliani like?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:
plugger66 wrote:As for Magner, he isnt one of our young guys. He doesnt play for our club. IMO I think he is slow and his defensive work is poor. I have seen him play probably 15 games over the last 2 years. I would think that is a reasonable amount to get an opinion.

Our mids are a bit week imo. Polo did a decent job this year and he isn't a fast player by no means, so there is a role. I also hope Armo is put in the midfield this year, not the forward line.

I don't think Magner would win a b&f and he was totally useless/no good as you seem to be coming across as.

As far as I'm concerned, we need middle aged ready recruits, as our core group is still good.

If we recruit all 18 yr olds, it will take some time before their ready (or might not even make it), and the core group would of passed on.

If you have any other suggestions for a ready made midfielder, please suggest. Whats Marigiliani like?
Talk about saying things that i never said. What has a 2km TT got to do with having pace? Also when did I say he was totally useless or no good? I follow a club in the Ammos and we have players who are stars in that comp but if they were playing AFL they would be slow and unskilled. Magner is slow IMO even in the VFL but gets it because the pace of the games aint AFL. If we drft him I hope I am 100% wrong but when people ask an opinion should I lie with how I feel just to make us supporters feel better.

As for your question on ready made mids, I have no idea but I wouldnt limit it to Sandy guys. There are plenty of others out there from many different clubs.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
lefty wrote:

Talk about saying things that i never said. What has a 2km TT got to do with having pace? Also when did I say he was totally useless or no good? I follow a club in the Ammos and we have players who are stars in that comp but if they were playing AFL they would be slow and unskilled. Magner is slow IMO even in the VFL but gets it because the pace of the games aint AFL. If we drft him I hope I am 100% wrong but when people ask an opinion should I lie with how I feel just to make us supporters feel better.

As for your question on ready made mids, I have no idea but I wouldnt limit it to Sandy guys. There are plenty of others out there from many different clubs.
Thoughts on Marigliani Plugsie-wugsie-woo-woo?

I thought in the few games in 2010 he looked comfortable at AFL-level and I was surprised he was let go. Decent pace and decent skills. Thoughts?