TOMMY WALSH MUST PLAY THIS WEEK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i remember a similar situation with milney when he was on the rookie list and kicking goals each week in the ressies.....many on here were making calls similar to those now being made on tommy......we were all told that the club knew best...that milney wasn't ready....that we were only armchair experts.....that there was no certainty that he was even up to it..

...in the end the club relented...promoted him to he seniors and gave him a run...the rest is history as they say..... :wink: :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted: :twisted:

give the boy a chance ross...ffs.....
I gotta agree with this. Not sure he could be much worse than who we've been trying. I'm a bit confused as to what the selectors are worried about with him. They were happy to try Archer and Johnson at the start of the year, why not give Tommy a go? Bit disheartening for the boy.

Rosco
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Buckets wrote:You would think that Walsh has the opportunity this week as surely there will be a late change or two by saturday night.
:wink:

Could well be planned. Lessen the hype/expectation/pressure.
yeah, easier to drop someone who hasn't gotten over something (e.g. gastro) than name walsh and then replace him with someone who's feeling better.

that said, still not feeling that he will be named.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Moods wrote:
They were happy to try Archer and Johnson at the start of the year, why not give Tommy a go? Bit disheartening for the boy.
Add to this Lynch who had 5 chances to show what he had this year .. but seems to lack the necessary pace for AFL. - ( couldn't Walsh have got one of those chances ????).
Tommy Walsh we know is quick - so he should have comparatively speaking a much better chance to make the successful transition to AFL... you'd think.

Plus does our slowish team need more pace (Walsh) or even less pace (Lynch) ? Gee that's a real hard one to answer isn't it !!

Maybe selectors don't think ? .. maybe the best decisions are made by us experts sitting comfortably on our armchairs with our remote controls after all ?
What else is there to conclude ???
The selectors need throttling or Lynching !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Hope he comes in as a late change, but should have been in as far back as round 8!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Hope he comes in as a late change, but should have been in as far back as round 8!
Why? Do you know more than the selectors and the two head coaches (at Sandy and St.Kilda)?

He was playing as a back in Round 8 but everybody now wants him in as a forward :?

Have you even seen him play since the preseason?

Desperate much?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Hope he comes in as a late change, but should have been in as far back as round 8!
Why? Do you know more than the selectors and the two head coaches (at Sandy and St.Kilda)?

He was playing as a back in Round 8 but everybody now wants him in as a forward :?

Have you even seen him play since the preseason?

Desperate much?

Are you the resident apologist with tugger these days?

Walsh is almost 24yo, has the build to play AFL right now, has been consistently good and deserves an opportunity.

Even Lyon offered that he is getting frustrated with his lack of opportunity!!!!!!!!

The way you carry on, it's like no one ever in a position of power ever makes a mistake so we should never question anything.

As regards politics you're forever questioning, why is it so different when it comes to football?

Perhaps it's because your knowledge base in football matters is extremely limited so you just blindly follow.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Are you the resident apologist with tugger these days?
Just asking some pretty simple questions.

You state he should have been there since R8, I asked why?

But thats OK, when you habe nothing, play the man :roll:

barks4eva wrote: Walsh is almost 24yo, has the build to play AFL right now, has been consistently good and deserves an opportunity.
Again just affirmation. I ask how do you know? have you seen him play? Do you know more than the two head coaches?

As for being 24. He has played maybe 30 games of Australian Rules football.

Jim Stynes played 50 VFA games for Prahran and became a star. Setanta O'Hailpin was rushed in too early by Carlton and his true potential was never fully realised.

barks4eva wrote: Even Lyon offered that he is getting frustrated with his lack of opportunity!!!!!!!!
Oh well there you go, you take one line from Lyon, deconstruct and decontextualise it and use it as your only reason.
barks4eva wrote: The way you carry on, it's like no one ever in a position of power ever makes a mistake so we should never question anything.
Oh look absolutes and playign the man again.

What a load of bollocks :roll: Lyon has made plenty of mistakes and will continue to do so.

Instead of attacking me, why dont you answer the question? have you seen Walsh play since preseason? Do you know more than the selectors and the two coaches at the Saints?

Two simple questions that you dont seem to have the capacity to answer.

Wonder why not???
barks4eva wrote: As regards politics you're forever questioning, why is it so different when it comes to football?
What does this even mean?
barks4eva wrote: Perhaps it's because your knowledge base in football matters is extremely limited so you just blindly follow.
Again playing the man.

Just answer the questions, or have you been caught out :D :D

As for Tom Walsh. I would love to see him play, and I hope he plays for us for 8 seasons.

You can insult and play the man and dodge the simple questions, facts are you haven't a clue about Tom Walsh have you?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

I can't believe Rix hasn't been picked.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:I can't believe Rix hasn't been picked.
:D :D

SNAP

Lance or James??

samoht
Saintsational Legend

The question needs to be asked .. could Walsh have been tried once instead of giving 5 goes to Lynch (this season) who struggles with the pace at AFL level.

Our team needs pace ... why not give Walsh one run instead of going back to the same player who struggles himself and adds no pace to the team.

No one knows how he'll cope or if he'll succeed - but we know about Lynch.

Let's find out about Walsh !!!!

Just 1 go ... come on ! .. fair crack of the whip.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The whole Rix thing was largely tongue in cheek, which laterally challenged, slow on the uptake posters mostly only capable of shooting blanks keep trotting out!

Who was it on here in 2005 who called for Thomas to be sacked so we could get a FAIR DINKUM coach when nearly all on here were so far up his arse they would need a search and rescue team to extract them!

Then when the snake oil merchant was sacked, you'd be forgiven for thinking the sky had fallen in such was the numb nut response on here.

Today there would hardly be one person on here who with the benefit of hindsight is not glad that Thomas was replaced by Lyon.

I am glad Ross Lyon is coach, BUT it does not mean everything he does is beyond question!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

We are just expressing opinions .. I have no problem with yours Barks.

as long as we don't distort or misrepresent other people's opinions... that's where the game changes.

The people who do that you'll find don't have a strong argument themselves .. and resort to misrepresenting opposing arguments (even mildly opposing ones) just to upset... or incite a reaction.
they actually get their kicks that way.

At the end of the day they just argue with themselves as by deliberately misinterpreting your argument they can't logically be arguing against you - they are in fairytale debate mode with themsleves.

Upsetting fellow sainters is not on... just stick with debating or discussing issues with the majority of sensible posters in this forum - the true sainters.
Last edited by samoht on Fri 26 Aug 2011 1:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
The whole Rix thing was largely tongue in cheek, which laterally challenged, slow on the uptake posters mostly only capable of shooting blanks keep trotting out!

Who was it on here in 2005 who called for Thomas to be sacked so we could get a FAIR DINKUM coach when nearly all on here were so far up his arse they would need a search and rescue team to extract them!

Then when the snake oil merchant was sacked, you'd be forgiven for thinking the sky had fallen in such was the numb nut response on here.

Today there would hardly be one person on here who with the benefit of hindsight is not glad that Thomas was replaced by Lyon.

I am glad Ross Lyon is coach, BUT it does not mean everything he does is beyond question!
Sorry I just couldn't resist.

saint tash
Club Player

On Tommy Walsh.......

I am not going to quote my sources and don't shoot the messenger...here is what I have.....
Tommy Walsh hates Ross, ######################.

Was offered a new contract but said there is no point signing it if he wont get played.

They are waiting for Ross to go..
One part edited because it would be too obvious as to how it got out.

Flame away.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

:roll:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saint tash wrote:On Tommy Walsh.......

I am not going to quote my sources and don't shoot the messenger...here is what I have.....

Was offered a new contract but said there is no point signing it if he wont get played.

Flame away.
Oh well...

It's not under 10's where everyone is guaranteed a go.

Unfortunately he got injured both times he seemed most likely to get a game.

And now we've got our biggest game for the year... being at the club for a while now he couldn't possibly expect to make his debut under those circumstances, knowing how our selection is always low risk.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Flame away.
bollocks

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:We are just expressing opinions .. I have no problem with yours Barks.

as long as we don't distort or misrepresent other people's opinions... that's where the game changes.

The people who do that you'll find don't have a strong argument themselves .. and resort to misrepresenting opposing arguments (even mildly opposing ones) just to upset... or incite a reaction.
they actually get their kicks that way.

At the end of the day they just argue with themselves as by deliberately misinterpreting your argument they can't logically be arguing against you - they are in fairytale debate mode with themsleves.

Upsetting fellow sainters is not on... just stick with debating or discussing issues with the majority of sensible posters in this forum - the true sainters.
What tosh :roll:

You misrepresented yourself.

I asked you the same question I asked barks, have you seen him play. You were so stridant in your view that he should play, that I asked you what it was based on.

You did not (as far as I know) answer this simple question.

You see, you may very well be right, that T.Walsh is an AFL player and is our best 22, and I really hope you are. I have nothing but hope for T.Walsh, but I have seen him play quite a few times in the last 2 years and thought he still had quite a way to go.

However I have not seen him for about 6-8 weeks and not up forward, and the clip of his goals suggested he was ready.

So I simply ask again, have you seen T.Walsh play over the past year to make your judgement on? Really it is a simple question.

Oh and BTW, when T.Walsh get s a go i hope he absolutely rips it apart.

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Flame away.
C'mon tash, don't be so coy :roll:
Tommy Walsh hates Ross, according to posters on Nick's Bulletin Board.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Flame away.
If this is true, do we really need these type of prima donna's at the club?

(Dont believe it is true though)

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Flame away.
C'mon tash, don't be so coy :roll:
Tommy Walsh hates Ross, according to posters on Nick's Bulletin Board.

oh dear - lol :D

Lance or James??

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Trolling at its best.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Can't you get banned for trolling?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:Flame away.
OK then 8-)

samoht
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
You see, you may very well be right, that T.Walsh is an AFL player and is our best 22, and I really hope you are. I have nothing but hope for T.Walsh, but I have seen him play quite a few times in the last 2 years and thought he still had quite a way to go.

So I simply ask again, have you seen T.Walsh play over the past year to make your judgement on? Really it is a simple question.

Oh and BTW, when T.Walsh get s a go i hope he absolutely rips it apart.
By the look of it you're missing my point once again.. and you continue to misrepresent me.
I've never , ever said that T Walsh is an AFL player ... I am not sure if he is or not... or ever will be.
So if he plays well - he wont be proving me right - because I'm not sure if he can cope at AFL level.

But the point is - let's all see (me included) if he has the right stuff... we should at least give the man a chance. He deserves one doesn't he ?
Is that overly generous ?

Considering that Lynch has been given 5 chances this season and seems to struggle for pace (at AFL level) and the fact that our side needs pace - why didn't Walsh get 1 chance.

Why are we all left guessing ?

Why are we even arguing over giving the guy 1 chance !

He's played a few reasonable games at VFL level .. let's now see if he can make the transition - I'm not sure he will, but let's find out.