Hallelujah

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I find nothing cheery or vindicative regarding another footballer or footballers involved in an elledged rape.

I find it distressing to think anyone would use this criminal procedure to cast aspersions on a football club or its players using such a distressing issues.

I was sick to the stomach by the attacks on M&M and Lovett. I think we should not lower ourselves to the level of the Collingwood coach and their cheer squad and low life supporters by accusing any Collingwood player or players of being a rapist.

The people who use this as a barb at the football are sick and are the lowest of the low. How would they feel if it was their mother or sister who had been victim to this type of sexual assault?

Dont go down the path.
I don't think anyone has suggested anything of the sort on this thread though.

Infact, it's quite the opposite.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:Beat me to it Dr.

It turns out the H-Scum have been feeding us the sanitised version.
Yep because bad publicity for the pies wouldnt sell papers. Not.
Hmmm...a conflict of interest for Ed?
They have it in their story. Oh the conspirancy.
Oh Ed loves his club up in lights...sometimes. Took a while for the story to come out though...not sure there's any conspirancy ant all.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I find nothing cheery or vindicative regarding another footballer or footballers involved in an elledged rape.

I find it distressing to think anyone would use this criminal procedure to cast aspersions on a football club or its players using such a distressing issues.

I was sick to the stomach by the attacks on M&M and Lovett. I think we should not lower ourselves to the level of the Collingwood coach and their cheer squad and low life supporters by accusing any Collingwood player or players of being a rapist.

The people who use this as a barb at the football are sick and are the lowest of the low. How would they feel if it was their mother or sister who had been victim to this type of sexual assault?

Dont go down the path.

Hmmmmm....
Leo.J wrote:I wonder if this means Ross can call certain Filth players rapists, and get away with it without a formal apology?

Apparently even when the police clear you of rape allegations you are still a rapist according to our friends over at the Paddock.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Dont go down the path.

Hmmmmm....
Leo.J wrote:I wonder if this means Ross can call certain Filth players rapists, and get away with it without a formal apology?

Apparently even when the police clear you of rape allegations you are still a rapist according to our friends over at the Paddock.
I didn't take that to mean Leo advocates it.

I took it to mean the exact opposite. It's pointing out how outrageous it was for Collingwood to let it happen when the shoe was on the other foot.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Dont go down the path.

Hmmmmm....

I didn't take that to mean Leo advocates it.

I took it to mean the exact opposite. It's pointing out how outrageous it was for Collingwood to let it happen when the shoe was on the other foot.
That's how I took it too. Merely demonstrating how wrong it was. Hopefully out of all this mess, the pies and their supporters will now understand that the only time a person can truly be labelled a rapist in public is when he is found guilty of that crime by our courts - not when an allegation has been made, investigated, and the said person cleared.

Beames and McCarthy have embroiled themselves in this murky little episode, so I'm definitely not defending them either. Legally the police will not proceed, despite what some say, but if I was them I wouldn't be looking fwd to discussing my role in the whole ugly affair in a public crt with the media hanging on every word. Neither of them will come out of this smelling like roses.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Dont go down the path.

Hmmmmm....

You can't be fair dinkum?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:Beat me to it Dr.

It turns out the H-Scum have been feeding us the sanitised version.
Yep because bad publicity for the pies wouldnt sell papers. Not. And anyway they do have it in their story so there goes those conspiracies.
Yes, bad publicity for the pies wouldn't sell tabloid newspapers. So the tabloid breaks the story before all the details have emerged in order to control the narrative. Meanwhile the broadsheet across town maintains a wider public interest and the tabloid scrambles to catch up in order not to look like idiots.

No conspiracies... just the way of the world.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bit dodgy to me...and.what's with all the group sex and footballers ffs....

"Beams and Magpies teammate John McCarthy are alleged to have been among several men at the apartment, where the woman had gone with another man, following a night out drinking.

Detective Senior Constable Christine Stafford testified that the woman had stated she had consensual sex with the man she went there with — whom the court has heard she had known for two weeks — before she was introduced to Beams.

She said she then "felt compelled to have sex but not forced".

She told police two to three other men were in the bedroom and oral sex occurred, even though the woman said she "remembers saying no" and that she "felt trapped".

McCarthy is alleged to have also been in the room, naked. None of Beams, McCarthy and the other man have been charged with anything following a lengthy police investigation."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:But what have the pies players done wrong?
You'd reckon that's what the court case will help to determine.

Who knows, maybe they were present but slept through the whole thing.
They have been known to use that defense in explaining their non-action where morally adn ethically society may have expected alternate behaviour.

As I read the details of this case (as publishesd) I keep getting an image in my mind of an old movie starring Jodie Foster (I think it was titled Accused?) where she was raped in a bar by a group of men.

She took all those standing on the sidelines and watching to court because not one of them stepped in and tried to stop it.

I don't know what the law says about such a situation but in my mind there is something ethically and morally wrong with people standing around watching a crime being comitted and doing nothing.

If the allegations are proven and it turns out Beames and/or McCarthy just stood there watching, what does it say about them?

(And I would think the same about anybody in that position.)
beames did a lot more than just stand there watching......the guy seems to be fire proof ffs.....he was intimately involved with k d and now this girl....and not even an eye brow is raised to question him....or his morals

gringo
Saintsational Legend

But there was a feel good story written about what a great character and survivor of the mean innuendo against Beames. The media is s***. I hope when we call him a rapist he is forced to apologise to us for saying something back to our player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:But there was a feel good story written about what a great character and survivor of the mean innuendo against Beames. The media is s***. I hope when we call him a rapist he is forced to apologise to us for saying something back to our player.
If anyone calls him a rapist they are as stupid as any pies supporter that calls Milney one. It will show no brains at all.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

This thread is a disgrace and I hold Mr Magic up as a model of the complete hypocrisy that is practiced by some posters who regularly get high up on their moral and self righteous heels condemning other posters for far more insignificant indiscretions.

Like Joffa said, let’s not go down this path.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

This has nothing to do with St.Kilda FC whatsoever.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Genral Forum?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I am merely suggesting that it was an outrage that after Milney was vilified by Malthouse, he was then forced to issue an apology to MM for calling him "old".

The Pies seem to get a better run from the media than we do as they are not being accused of all sorts of disfunction as we were. I wouldn't lower myself to call anyone a rapist, but I still think there is an unfair reporting of two cases that caused a lot of hurt and embarrassment for many people.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:This has nothing to do with St.Kilda FC whatsoever.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Genral Forum?

yep....

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I find it amazing - well not really that amazing at all - that some poster really struggle to see the grey areas of issues.

Black/White

Good/Bad

Right/Wrong

GT/RL

...is all they can see in certain issues.

This one is no different, just take a breath and read it before shooting off.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:No, this dropkick is having a not too subtle dig at me for calling him on his disgraceful thread where he called Goddard a cancer that needed to be removed from our Club.

Either he's trying to be too cute or he really is less intelligent than I thought he was.
Seems to me like he's hypocritically (and falsely) calling people for gloating about the same matter he's using to play forum games with.
Exactly.

Also thread should be in Gen Forum.

Stand your ground :shock:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I am merely suggesting that it was an outrage that after Milney was vilified by Malthouse, he was then forced to issue an apology to MM for calling him "old".

The Pies seem to get a better run from the media than we do as they are not being accused of all sorts of disfunction as we were. I wouldn't lower myself to call anyone a rapist, but I still think there is an unfair reporting of two cases that caused a lot of hurt and embarrassment for many people.

This thread should be in the gutter forum. Subtle or not the undertone is very slimy and it’s a long bow to draw suggesting that the only interest in the topic is because of the perceived injustice dished out by the media.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
gringo wrote:I am merely suggesting that it was an outrage that after Milney was vilified by Malthouse, he was then forced to issue an apology to MM for calling him "old".

This thread should be in the gutter forum. Subtle or not the undertone is very slimy and it’s a long bow to draw suggesting that the only interest in the topic is because of the perceived injustice dished out by the media.
I find it amusing how some of the most inflamatory and un pc forumites are trying to claim the moral higher ground on this issue.

I think in doing so they are missing the point...

markp
Saintsational Legend

:roll:

It (was) a mostly grown up discussion about the different treatment by the media of this to previous St Kilda 'issues'... you want appalling go look at some of the old Lovett threads.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote::roll:

It (was) a mostly grown up discussion about the different treatment by the media of this to previous St Kilda 'issues'... you want appalling go look at some of the old Lovett threads.
Yeah, but by complaining about the media treatment of St.Kilda FC are you part of the problem or the solution?

I mean, you are buying into reading, listening and watching the dirt they're digging up on us, are you not?

e.g. if you hate the HS, why on earth would you buy and/or read what they put out? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Perfectly good thread, reasonable discussion with the exception of a couple of spoilers...don't read it if you don't like the subject.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

Yeah, but by complaining about the media treatment of St.Kilda FC are you part of the problem or the solution?

I mean, you are buying into reading, listening and watching the dirt they're digging up on us, are you not?

e.g. if you hate the HS, why on earth would you buy and/or read what they put out? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Does it have to be either/or... aren't people just allowed to discuss it here without the thinly veiled accusation that they're somehow gaining pleasure from someone's rape?

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Perfectly good thread, reasonable discussion with the exception of a couple of spoilers...don't read it if you don't like the subject.
+1

I knew I liked you for a reason... couldn't remember why, though... :P :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Self righteous tosser. There is nothing grown up about feeling vindicated in your belief about perceived media bias from the reporting of this criminal trial. It is an indirect use of the victims situation to make yourself feel better and the reasons are because of what, football. FFS