Sad Kosi Story

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: It has happened before (although this was not in a final) - Lockett vs McKenna incident - Rd 9 in 1989 at Moorabbin - the game where the big fella kicked 12 but got suspended for 4 weeks for apparently knocking out McKenna after throwing his arm back to shrug him aside - McKenna lay there in front of the GG Huggins stand pretending to be knocked out with his teammates even telling him to stay down in earshot of supporters sitting on the fence - I know I was there - verdict - Big Tony gets a spell on the sidelines unfortunately giving him more time to perfect his elbowing aim
Man, Plugger kicked 78 goals in 1989 in only 11 matches.

He was set for the biggest season in history that year.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Devilhead wrote: It has happened before (although this was not in a final) - Lockett vs McKenna incident - Rd 9 in 1989 at Moorabbin - the game where the big fella kicked 12 but got suspended for 4 weeks for apparently knocking out McKenna after throwing his arm back to shrug him aside - McKenna lay there in front of the GG Huggins stand pretending to be knocked out with his teammates even telling him to stay down in earshot of supporters sitting on the fence - I know I was there - verdict - Big Tony gets a spell on the sidelines unfortunately giving him more time to perfect his elbowing aim
Man, Plugger kicked 78 goals in 1989 in only 11 matches.

He was set for the biggest season in history that year.
Have hated McKenna ever since...wrecked our season.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.