McGuire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Nearly all the media have said Eddie was wrong. Do you want him to be jailed?
That would be nice,
Maybe pendlebury, thomas & swan too…

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Nearly all the media have said Eddie was wrong. Do you want him to be jailed?
The thing is plugger, that if you go to the HS or Age footy websites right now, you can't even find article about this. Yet they seem to have the saints emblem on stand-by for any 'scandal' that is even rumoured.
I know you don't agree, but different rules apply for different clubs…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
The thing is plugger, that if you go to the HS or Age footy websites right now, you can't even find article about this. Yet they seem to have the saints emblem on stand-by for any 'scandal' that is even rumoured.
I know you don't agree, but different rules apply for different clubs…
It was 3 days ago and as much as we think it is big I dont think 3 days after the event they should still be talking about it. If Westaway yelled at anyone I would be surprised. No one ever hears or sees him.

Also bad publicity for the pies will sell many more papers than bad publicity for us so if it is a story those papers will go for it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'd like to see McGuire say:

"Geez, I'm a passionate fan and I blew my stack when I didn't really need to and now all this happens. Fact is there's plenty of folks at football games who say inappropriate things, and Collingwood fans are included in that. Some of the stuff Milne, Montagna and Gwilt cop is reprehensible. Then there's Adam Goodes and Buddy Franklin. And there's what happened to Majak Daw...I think I should set a better example, really. I am after all a grown man in a position of relative influence. So to take a negative and turn it into a positive, perhaps this should draw attention to crowd behaviour broadly and how it could probably improve."

Now that would be a catalyst for change.

But it'll never happen.

Ego IS a dirty word when it comes to Fats McBlimp.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: Fats McBlimp.
Gold 8-)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Personally I'd like to see McGuire say:

"Geez, I'm a passionate fan and I blew my stack when I didn't really need to and now all this happens. Fact is there's plenty of folks at football games who say inappropriate things, and Collingwood fans are included in that. Some of the stuff Milne, Montagna and Gwilt cop is reprehensible. Then there's Adam Goodes and Buddy Franklin. And there's what happened to Majak Daw...I think I should set a better example, really. I am after all a grown man in a position of relative influence. So to take a negative and turn it into a positive, perhaps this should draw attention to crowd behaviour broadly and how it could probably improve."

Now that would be a catalyst for change.

But it'll never happen.

Ego IS a dirty word when it comes to Fats McBlimp.
8-) Nothing to add, just right!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:This incident encapsulates everything I hate about the pies…
They refuse to be held accountable for any wrong-doing, but demand justice at the slightest defamatory remark towards themselves…
The football world is so obsessed with the money that comes with this freak-show that every single year they are awarded EVERY marquee fixture…
The media will not even report against their president because he has so much power… If Westaway stood up and 'threatened' to evict a Collingwood supporter, the media would be all over him and us.
I'm happy to admit that not everything I yell out at the football is kosher, but it's not for some bloated f-wit to moralize me, call the security if someone is really out of line.
If every supporter that hurled 'personal' insults was tossed out, then the Collingwood crowd would instantly halve at any StKilda game. We have been putting up with this crap for years now including from their head coach, so to suddenly say 'it's unacceptable' makes me… (insert evil collingwood wish here)
Nearly all the media have said Eddie was wrong. Do you want him to be jailed?
yep.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Media aren't letting him get away with it- MC Guire and his blustering.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 6071316072
Which, of course, raised a problem of its own.

If McGuire is so sensitive to provocative, demeaning language in football, why has he not publicly distanced himself from his coach twice in the past 15 months.

It was Michael Malthouse who famously abused Stephen Milne during the quarter-time break of a Collingwood-St Kilda game at Etihad Stadium early in the 2010 season, Malthouse who publicly accused Addam Maric of cheating when he momentarily claimed a goal that came off an opponent's foot in the recent Melbourne-Carlton game.

The veteran coach may say what he likes about the cheating claim being generic, it was aimed fairly and squarely at Maric at the time.

Imagine the uproar if, say, Dean Bailey, in a guest appearance in the SEN commentary box, accused Daisy Thomas of a similar offence?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yes and they should hand over the premiership and be disqualified from the AFL for a minimum of 5 years.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I do not want McGuire jailed.

Much prefer a public stoning or lynching from the nearest tree.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

I do not want McGuire jailed.

Much prefer a public stoning or lynching from the nearest tree.
+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Time to get medieval on McGuire's ass! :lol:

Love how his last name is deliberatly misspelt. All we need is someone to photshop Eddie's face on an effigy of Ronald McDonald.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:This is where some of the Anti Racism crusaders, for all their good intentions, go too far.

From what we can tell, the comments made on Saturday night made no reference to race. But apparently, because they related to crime, Eddie could sense racial undertones.

His outburst has now swept across the country. Try googling and you will see articles in media across the land basically lauding Eddie for taking a stand against racist fans.

I look at the Milne situation. It all dates back to early 2004 and as everyone on here knows, no charges have ever been laid. Yet Milne, and to a lesser extent Joey, has had to put up with all kinds of insults, taunts and allegations for 7 years. And as we know, some of that has even come from officials of the game.

Does anyone seriously believe that if Milne had been indigenous, instead of a sickly pale white man, that this would have been allowed to happen? The Malthouse incident aside, the ongoing abuse has never made it into the media.

I honestly believe that if Milne had been indigenous then there would have been a huge outcry well before this, from the media, from Social Commentators and from Politicians federal and state. There would have been cries of racial undertones (i.e. people are implying he did commit the rape because we all know aboriginals are rapists etc).

No one, regardless of their race or background, deserves to put up with what Milne has had to put up with. But because of HIS skin colour, no one seems to give a stuff.

It’s reverse racism IMO, and it simply isn’t good enough. :evil:

well said and spot on the money

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.