Gram - we have lost the hunger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

jmac101 wrote:sure, gram might have been out of line a little and didn't play his best game on friday night.

BUT - he could have been a norm smith medallist in 2009. he really stood up that day.

also - i remember a 50-50 ball on the wing right in front of where i was sitting with about 10 seconds to go in GF1 where Gram went as hard as ever.

and in GF2 he got crunched early after the riewoldt goal square debarcle. he put his body on the line - was never the same after that in the game.

say what you want about him - he stood up on the big stage. grant thomas would do well to remember that.
it's now 2011..those games in 2009/2010 count for nothing now...he cant live of those performances at all this season...he needs to produce at a higher level than we've seen so far....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Teflon wrote:
maverick wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Gram's interview reminded me of one that Travis Cloke did a few years back.

I don't think his brain was in gear & he just rambled with whatever came out of his mouth.

Gram, Montagna & Dal Santo are all potential elite players that always let us down when they are needed most. Put Steve Baker's commitment & ticker into any of those blokes & you'd have a superstar
Really, so the 2009 GF doesn't count.
This thread has become laughable.
Which part of WHAT Grammy said was incorrect?
Oh FFS to all those lauding Grams "great game in 2009" FFS its 2 years ago. He's had ferk all since and the gap between his best and worst after all this time is enormous - great players close that gap.

Grams long had questions asked about his attack on the ball - Ive seen and noted it a lot. He tackles 1 handed, rarely ever puts his head over a ball or lays a bone crunching EFFECTIVE tackle that includes putting his friggin shoulder into it. Its not about doing it once - this sorta commitment is expected. You dont have to ask Hayes or even Baker twice here.

I've no problem with what he actually said. Im more annoyed he felt he was the man to do it and Im not convinced he was including himself in that "informed opinion". Those sort of comments need to come from a player universally respected in and out of the team to have the right effect IMO - Gram aint that. TBH IF Cripps came good and could string together a few decent performances I had him sitting on Grams HBF.

All that aside he definately plays this week cause of nothing else he's just strapped an enormous expectation on his back that he now has to live up to.
Ypu do realise the 2009 GF was 1 year and 2 games ago, and he was injured all of last year?

Looks like we need a scape goat eh?

For a bunch of supporters that supposedly demand success, I can't believe we have a crack at the first bloke to agree, because he is not the hard man of the team.
I cant believe the amount of excuses people make to support saints players just cause they are.

I dont care if 2009 GF is 1, 2 , 3 years ago - point is his performances in between have been poor and the gap (even when not injured) is to great. This is a guy whose own team mates joke about his "floaters" FFS. I also dont care about being the team "hard man" but I expect when its your turn to go you do so - go get some vision of his effort in the last qtr Friday night if you need a refresher....it was replayed last night for all to see but was bad enough live at the game. Then after this game the same guy comes out questioning "people" and where their heads are at?....pot..kettle...black???

Your response is so St Kilda "woe betide anyone who dares criticise a player and remove them from the lofty, ridiculous pedestal supporters put them on"

BTW reminder - we have 1 flag in 100+ years :idea:

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Is "Gram - we have lost the hunger" a companion piece to"Polo - we have lost the finger"? :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Only as good as your last game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully Gram will now feel the need to back up the talk and put his body on the line, week in week out... that could be the only positive to come of this.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think he's scared of injury
he is slightly framed and its in the back of his mind i reckon
soft tissue injuries galore if he goes in hard prob?

:?: :idea: