Official Pies v Cats thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

As I said, let's hope the filth have played their great game this week.
They have been unusually accurate, but then again Geelong have not put any pressure onto any of their young players.
Well we have to win tomorrow night first, then we have to pressure them out of their game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Collingwood are playing great, but the cats are playing with absolutely no heart or belief and making the pies look far better then they are.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

My only positive is that I don't see Collingwood playing at this quality for two weeks in a row.

They may still be very good, but not this good.

This is football from another planet right here.

Ablett is the only Geelong player taking a stand.

Chapman the biggest passenger of the lot out of their great midfield. Pitiful, abject first half. Selwood not far behind.

SaintWal
Club Player

LOL

All the media wanted this to be the GF. Bunch of flogs who discounted all other teams.

The pies are good, no doubt, but Geelong are a shadow of where they were.

Where we are different. We are totally accountable. geelong are not. We play for each other. Geelong were, they are not now. Easy to pick now but Ablett gave a handball and ran off to space in the first quarter. Lenny or our on ballers would have given the handball and then tried to protect our ball carrier.

Make no mistake. Geelong lost this game in their minds. We won't. edit, If we are lucky enough to get the chance
Last edited by SaintWal on Fri 17 Sep 2010 10:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Just posted on BF that I think Geelong are seeing how many of them can qualify for the diving team in Delhi.

Either that or they are applying for the Taliban with the amount of bombs they are kicking

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I expected the Pies to play well, but for the Cats to finish on top. But the Pies are looking like winners.

So be it. I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about the Dogs ATM. If we beat the Dogs (and I don't expect it to be a walkover) we are going into a GF in which we are the much more experienced team. I'd expect us to win.

But gee the Pies are doing it well tonight. All the idiots on here who don't rate Swan should take a long, hard look in the hall of mirrors
Last edited by meher baba on Fri 17 Sep 2010 10:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Not a chance we can beat Collingwood next week if they play like this. Their pressure and speed of ball movement is amazing.
I'm not going to write us off just yet.

If we get through and they jump us we are in trouble. They are a terrific front-running side.

If we can start well and put some early scoreboard pressure on it is another game all together.

We can beat them.

This game was all over within 15 minutes because Geelong didn't turn up.
Not fair to the filth. It is their pressure and the lack of speed of Geelong that is hurting them. Geelong have never been a fast team, they move the ball fast. Big difference. In this type of game with the pressure that Collingwood are exerting, if you are not accurate with your disposal, you are going to be crucified on the turn overs.

I rate us VERY highly next week. This type of game plan suits us to a tee. The practice in Rnd 22 against Adelaide will suit us well. Geelong need to slow the tempo down, but aren't capable as it is not in their game plan to do so. Defence wins you premierships......
Last edited by saint75 on Fri 17 Sep 2010 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I reckon Collingwood are going to win tonight. They're looking pretty good. Too bad they're playing their GF a week early, like we did in '97.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm worried a lot about next week.

The biggest negative will be the enormous expectation of a Pies flag.

Unless we belt the dogs, which I think won't happen, they will be about $1.50 to us $2.70 to win the flag.

Eddie's head will get enormous!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Middo
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
saint vince wrote:Joffa could just about put the jacket on i rekon.
with 4 to go in the first, its looking that way.
THe cats started slow against us tho and came back hard in the last, (that's what I am hoping for)
BUT.....
the way things are looking, I reckon Joffa might not bother taking it off for the next eight days
Anyone who thought they were "not the real deal" have not watched them play this year
Agree. Haven't been oerley worried about them until now.

I hate to say it but they look bloody unbeatable at the moment
Don't get too carried away. Only early. Lets just see if they can keep this pressure up for 4 quarters. Geelong will get their shite together and come at them at some stage.
But it isnt going to be that tough prelim we were hoping for and not one person on here realised how good the pies are because of their hatred to them. Common sense suggested they were always going to be hard to beat.
Calling it a bit earlier, aren't you? Let us see how it unfolds over the next 3 quarters. If Geelong don't come at them or make some changes, they are officially finished and G Ablett Jr will be announcing his departure to GC next week.
Well that makes me feel much better. I dont care about whether Geelong is finished. I wanted a hardgame and it will not be because the Pies are a great side.
Showing your true colours you flog ...
Showing your continuation of having no brain. At least you are a consistant no brain poster.
ENOUGH. I'm so tired of every thread being hijacked by idiots who just want to fight about crap.

Plugger, I understand that they actually started it but you kept it going. You're both as much to blame so one of you drop it.
Hmmm wonder what the common denominater is here ..?
Old flogger 66 seems to have something to say on everyone's opinion...
Only one idiot who does the hijacking champ !

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

The key to us beating Collingwood is to have the ball in our half of the field for longer than them.

When Collingwood have the ball forward of centre, they're going to keep it in there and cause turnovers and there is phuck all you can do about it.

Easier said than done but we need to do the same and make sure we take our chances better than they do.

Middo
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:I would prefer to play collingwood in the gf, i reckon we can beat them, not confident agaisnt the cats. But im not barracking for Collingwood (just to set the record straight :))
:lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
THe cats started slow against us tho and came back hard in the last, (that's what I am hoping for)
BUT.....
the way things are looking, I reckon Joffa might not bother taking it off for the next eight days
Anyone who thought they were "not the real deal" have not watched them play this year

Don't get too carried away. Only early. Lets just see if they can keep this pressure up for 4 quarters. Geelong will get their shite together and come at them at some stage.
But it isnt going to be that tough prelim we were hoping for and not one person on here realised how good the pies are because of their hatred to them. Common sense suggested they were always going to be hard to beat.
Calling it a bit earlier, aren't you? Let us see how it unfolds over the next 3 quarters. If Geelong don't come at them or make some changes, they are officially finished and G Ablett Jr will be announcing his departure to GC next week.
Well that makes me feel much better. I dont care about whether Geelong is finished. I wanted a hardgame and it will not be because the Pies are a great side.
Showing your continuation of having no brain. At least you are a consistant no brain poster.
ENOUGH. I'm so tired of every thread being hijacked by idiots who just want to fight about crap.

Plugger, I understand that they actually started it but you kept it going. You're both as much to blame so one of you drop it.
You have issues. Go away you pathetic person.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

lol have you ever seen a side have more go their way in a half of football?

Weak as pyss Geelong.

Weak as pyss.

I dont care who wins. We can beat them.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Middo
Club Player

bigred wrote:lol have you ever seen a side have more go their way in a half of football?

Weak as pyss Geelong.

Weak as pyss.

Wait for it ... :roll:

saintkid
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:I'm worried a lot about next week.

The biggest negative will be the enormous expectation of a Pies flag.

Unless we belt the dogs, which I think won't happen, they will be about $1.50 to us $2.70 to win the flag.

Eddie's head will get enormous!
Spot on. Even if we win well tomorrow, the filth will be massive favourites for the GF.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Middo wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

Most of us are so sick to freakin' death of the continual crap by so called 'grown men'. Give it up FFS. It is so damn tiresome. Mods, can we start a separate board and let this lot go at each other on that instead? Don't mind a good healthy debate, but the 2 year olds that continually make personal digs at each other that quite frankly p*&s the rest of us off is getting very old, very fast. They continually over run thread after thread after thread.......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:LOL

All the media wanted this to be the GF. Bunch of flogs who discounted all other teams.
My goodness, it's a real cliff-hanger, isn't it? :D

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
SaintWal wrote:LOL

My goodness, it's a real cliff-hanger, isn't it? :D
Hanging on to the edge of my seat..... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Winmar
Club Player

Hah I can't believe a fight started in a Pies v Cats thread!

It's great to see Geelong getting flogged, but just a shame that it's Collingwood doing the flogging. Like someone alluded to though, if we put pressure on them next week (should we beat the Dogs) their kicking won't be as accurate.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:lol have you ever seen a side have more go their way in a half of football?

Weak as pyss Geelong.

Weak as pyss.

Yup - Collingwood playing well BUT got all the bounces of the ball, all the frees, and Geelong....

Well Geelong only got saved against us because it rained. We would have beaten them by 8-10 goals trwo weeks back if it had stayed dry.

Geelong, playing for frees, not laying a shepard, hardly winning a hard ball, fumbling, three players flying for the ball and none down...

really geelong look stuffed.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well we can hope for a hamstring or two, or some idiot to hit someone.
As good as they are playing, I'm not feeling intimidated from them.
If we can put forward pressure on them, make them miss goals and stay close or lead, the pressure may become too much for them.
But we still have to win tomorrow night and with some authority.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

You have issues. Go away you pathetic person.
I didn't read this post just enjoy the symmetry of repetitive quoting :)

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

In Chile and cant watch the game. Listening though. Please tell me Ablett's soaking. Is it great to watch him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:In Chile and cant watch the game. Listening though. Please tell me Ablett's soaking. Is it great to watch him.
No not at all. The pies are 10 goals up. That is never good for anone apart from their supporters.