Post Your Apologies to Raph Clarke here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why is it so hard to believe Raph is lazy (in comparison)....look at his body development, and really you just have to watch him play to see his intensity is not consistently good enough...why can't we compare him to the elite....should he not aspire to be that - or is that my exact argument...his lack of desire to be elite is demonstrated by lack of work ethic - he has the talent...you make your own luck in sport...the harder you train, the luckier you get...

This was also a critisism of Dal Santo at some stages...

Hamill/Harvey were clearly the hardest trainers I ever saw....to the point they overtrained....both animals for work....they got every ounce of potential out of themselves...

Phoenix

Apologies?

When he does it on a consistent basis then the apologies will come. Until then, he has got a lot of work to do.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why is it so hard to believe Raph is lazy (in comparison)....look at his body development, and really you just have to watch him play to see his intensity is not consistently good enough...why can't we compare him to the elite....should he not aspire to be that - or is that my exact argument...his lack of desire to be elite is demonstrated by lack of work ethic - he has the talent...you make your own luck in sport...the harder you train, the luckier you get...

This was also a critisism of Dal Santo at some stages...

Hamill/Harvey were clearly the hardest trainers I ever saw....to the point they overtrained....both animals for work....they got every ounce of potential out of themselves...
for starters not all players no matter how hard they try or how much they want it can get their body to not break down on them ....

Raph works his ass off now harvey was a freak who would drive the staff mad because he would not stop going 150% even when they knew it was the worst thing for him to do ... raph trains as hard as the coaching staff want him to proof of this is the fact he is still at the club he may not look as if he is going as hard as the likes of Harvey , Roo ect but i can tell you for a fact he is working to the best of his abillity

its a low act to call any player a lazy trainer when you dont know the facts of the training program the player is on .... its not 1970 anymore sports science dictates who can benifit from running themself into the ground and who cant ... each player has his own standard that the team expect them to achieve and if they dont achieve that the end up delisted like mini was ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/