ROO TO HAVE SURGERY!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I think the article is saying it's 4 inches from the bone .. not a 4 inch tear.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Looks like it will be round 18. 4 inch tear to the tendon is a fair whack. Looks like surgery was the only way to repair it. Will they put him on the long term injury list?
Excuse my biological thickness, but a four inch tear would also make for a fair whack of a tendon, would it not?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:we will need to find atleast 4 extra goals to cover for roo's output.which i think has to start buy kosi standing up now and taking that next step into becomming an out and out superstar not just an average-good player.
not going to happen. kosi is a good to average forward and isn't suddenly going to become a superstar.

he is important to our structure in that he encourages quick delivery to a contest, but if we lumber him with the responsibility of kicking winning scores we are in trouble.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Media estimates have Nick out for 14 weeks. A quick look at the fixture has him returning for our Rd 16 match v Collingwood. If this turns out to be correct, IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saintsfan
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Media estimates have Nick out for 14 weeks. A quick look at the fixture has him returning for our Rd 16 match v Collingwood. If this turns out to be correct, IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE !!
The channel 7/10 opening montage team's are already preparing the introductions because they are going to be that long given the recent history

The Saintsfan Cometh
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I don't often agree with you, but I do agree with this!
joffaboy wrote: We are a team and if we rely on only one player we aren't as good as we thought we were.
Freo, the way they are playing will be a challenge. Especially considering we don't get Kosi back til the round after. Our boys stood up well when the odds were stacked against them and responded with surgical precision. I wouldn't expect the group to come out with anything less (by their own merits) in any other game. We'll be far more damaging by the time Roo resurfaces to take the reigns again! I was supremely proud of their efforts against the Filth!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Megamaguire
Club Player

Candle lit for Roo.

This is an opportunity !
The steely response produced by the remaining fit St. Kilda TEAM against a hyper rotating magpie team was enlightening and just another significant indicator of just how well the Saints can play as a solid and committed TEAM! The last Qrt. which just a few of the learned commentators thought would be controlled by collingwood instead showed an awesome brilliance of what this team can do. St. Kilda determination simply brushed the pies aside!
Now the players have an opportunity to try and perfect a raft of game-time strategies that can potentially bring huge dividends in 5 monthes.
Players like McQ (great again) & Sneids will continue to get goal-kicking opportunities in upcoming games and if they are able to settle better into regularly converting accurately they will be able to shape future outcomes as much as we know Rooey can.
Kosi will come back @ an interesting time indeed. I wouldn't like to see him in the ruck only because he has enough latent talent to lead the team successfully from the goal-square. I have faith in Kosi and hope the timing is right for him to steer us towards the top 4.
It was great to see Fish back and be able to play on after that massive hit.

The likes of Blake & Baker just amaze me with their infectious consistency -it encourages Gilbert and Dawson to excel as well. With Fish back the energy coming from our defensive mindset is so good it allows Bj to really help out Lenny in the middle. In the last Qrt. Lenny looked incredibly determined and committed - as it stands 'with or without Roo' for the next few monthes this team has a great opportunity to give itself a wonderful opportunity come September.

Still a bit awestruck from Friday Nite.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

calm down. predictions prior to surgery amount to nothing. wait for a club statement post op.

#1 Ryder fan
yipper
SS Life Member

Re: Candle lit for Roo.

Megamaguire wrote:This is an opportunity !
The steely response produced by the remaining fit St. Kilda TEAM against a hyper rotating magpie team was enlightening and just another significant indicator of just how well the Saints can play as a solid and committed TEAM! The last Qrt. which just a few of the learned commentators thought would be controlled by collingwood instead showed an awesome brilliance of what this team can do. St. Kilda determination simply brushed the pies aside!
Now the players have an opportunity to try and perfect a raft of game-time strategies that can potentially bring huge dividends in 5 monthes.
Players like McQ (great again) & Sneids will continue to get goal-kicking opportunities in upcoming games and if they are able to settle better into regularly converting accurately they will be able to shape future outcomes as much as we know Rooey can.
Kosi will come back @ an interesting time indeed. I wouldn't like to see him in the ruck only because he has enough latent talent to lead the team successfully from the goal-square. I have faith in Kosi and hope the timing is right for him to steer us towards the top 4.
It was great to see Fish back and be able to play on after that massive hit.

The likes of Blake & Baker just amaze me with their infectious consistency -it encourages Gilbert and Dawson to excel as well. With Fish back the energy coming from our defensive mindset is so good it allows Bj to really help out Lenny in the middle. In the last Qrt. Lenny looked incredibly determined and committed - as it stands 'with or without Roo' for the next few monthes this team has a great opportunity to give itself a wonderful opportunity come September.

Still a bit awestruck from Friday Nite.

G O S A I N T S !
It was a very significant performance coming when Roo went off. I also think that game against the Hawks last season down in Tassie was significant. It is all about structures and plans with our team - this means we must simply carry on no matter what happens. Our game has been tailored so that we just continue with our structures and effort when the chips are down. We find a way. That is Saints footy. We will re-group for Freo and then we get Kosi back - who is important for our structures. We will be a far more dangerous team coming into September 2010 than we were last season because we will know we don't need Roo to be there!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There is no need for me to add my sentiments on how upset I am at Roo having to miss so much footy, after such a preseason and a wonderful display of form over the past few weeks resulting him enjoying his footy like never before.

However I am just not going to underestimate this bunch of guys.

Feeling uneasy, just log onto the Saints homepage and read through the names on the senior list.

It's all going to be OK

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Candle lit for Roo.

yipper wrote:It is all about structures and plans with our team - this means we must simply carry on no matter what happens. Our game has been tailored so that we just continue with our structures and effort when the chips are down.
We'll have to alter our structures now though.

If we don't, and think that someone else can simply slot into Roo's role in our structure, then we could be in big strife.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stanley
clap clap clap
stanley
clap clap clap

bring it on
its the obvious choice and get some games into the kid...

bj up forward?...only as a pinch hitter now and then, deff needed across the back and thru the guts
chips up forward?... pass, he's a general back there why move him, thats crazy
zac up forward?...no comment, he looks shaky enough leave him there to get his confidence back with the likes of blake bakes gilbs and chips to help him out and give instructions

stanley and kozi up forward, and no other messing about of the team is required
one out (roo) one in (stanley)

go kid
f****** grab the bull by the horns and show the rest of the league you have talent and we have depth
8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:calm down. predictions prior to surgery amount to nothing. wait for a club statement post op.
Agree..and also wait a month or so.

Not everyone comes out of surgery equally, and also in surgey the problem can be revealed to be more or less.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintnick12
Club Player

The Saints and Riewoldt were told yesterday by Melbourne-based orthopedic surgeon Julian Feller, who will perform the operation, that the five-time best-and-fairest winner would be off the scene for between 12 and 14 weeks should it be successful

12-14 should it be sucessful!! Bloody Hell!!! I wonder who his source is, but he seems pretty sure. Even naming the surgeon.

Lets hope its sucessful

Good luck ROO!!!!

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:calm down. predictions prior to surgery amount to nothing. wait for a club statement post op.

Not everyone comes out of surgery equally, and also in surgey the problem can be revealed to be more or less.
Yeah that....See how he is in a month.

And as for Freo..

You watch us pick em apart this week.

Seriously. We will win and win well.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Yeah that....See how he is in a month.

And as for Freo..

You watch us pick em apart this week.

Seriously. We will win and win well.
100% agree red. we will pump and i will be there

#1 Ryder fan
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Robbo on SEN just said he would be very surprised if Roo plays again this year. I like Robbo, but bloody hell, he has as much idea as the next man, i.e not much. Far too early for that call I think, or I hope.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:I think the article is saying it's 4 inches from the bone .. not a 4 inch tear.
Yes I think you're right. Sounds like it's not too critical then

Another opportunity awaits!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Robbo on SEN just said he would be very surprised if Roo plays again this year. I like Robbo, but bloody hell, he has as much idea as the next man, i.e not much. Far too early for that call I think, or I hope.
He can say what he likes

Another opportunity awaits!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Robbo on SEN just said he would be very surprised if Roo plays again this year. I like Robbo, but bloody hell, he has as much idea as the next man, i.e not much. Far too early for that call I think, or I hope.
what a tool! as if he knows! or anyone knows for that matter

wait for the op!!

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:

wait for the op!!
A complete tool. Fancy having that sort of opinion.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

wait for the op!!
Even if his uneducated prediction is no less or more valid than anyone else's, the fact remains that Robbo is the genuine article as a complete tool.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

wait for the op!!

:roll: right on q

saintnick12
Club Player

Was driving home at that time.
Robbo went onto to say that the Saints will have an interesting decision to make if they are top of the ladder late in the season when Roo is ready to come back (he was saying round 18-20). He was saying we might decide not to risk him if we have done well without him (cos he is a million dollar footballer). IMO it is exactly that reason they will play him as soon as he is ready. No way will they attempt to go into the finals without him if he is fit...just to keep him for next year...stupid. If he is ready...he will be there....he himself will demand it.....

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.