The nagging question re: lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

RF you make some good points but at the end of the day lyon is the excutive coach (CEO of coaching so to speak) and it's his call as to what happens. It's on his head as senior coach. I have never heard of a senior coach blame it on their assistant coach.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Or does he back his assistants to do this like other coaches?
No he completely ignores his assistant coaches.

They are there in name only.:roll:

I mean when you are not trolling what do you reckon?

I mean fair dinkum RF.

Since the GF you have been all over the forum for months posting how the GF loss was all Lyon's fault due to his coaching moves.

Now we have a win...and you reckon it is "dumb" Lyon taking the credit for his assistant coaches moves.

Make up your mind..

Either give the Head Coach credit for both wins and losses ...or give it to his coaching panel...and stop flip flopping around around like an obvious troll.. just so you can bag Lyon.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 29 Mar 2010 3:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Just a general question....

Did, or does, Ross Lyon make these moves?

ie. taking Kirk away from stoppages should have been picked up by the midfield coach.

Does anyone actually know whether or not Ross Lyon made any of the moves that have been spoken about in this thread himself?
Does it matter?

Lyon has assistants and one would hope that they all contribute rather than sit there like wall-flowers.

I mean we have a forward, mid and backline coach. Surely they are meant to be involved.

I would imagine suggestions and made..and some are acted upon and some not.

Some would be predecided...and some the various coaches would have responsibility for.

What matters is the overall gelling.
Whether it matters or not, wasn't the question. However I do think it's relevant in this thread.

O'Donnell had the headset on when he was at Brisbane and would directly make moves and calls off his own bat.

Longmire's been doing it at Sydney now for a couple of years aswell - as did Leon Cameron at the Dogs under Eade.

Does anyone know if Lyon made the move himself to get Kirk away from the clearances? Or to take Shaw deep?
What's the relevance of the point you're trying oh so hard to make?

Lyon is the head coach. He's responsible for the coaching team he has put in place. Whichever part of that team made the individual move is irrelevant. The 'buck' stops with Lyon - good or bad. Nobody is going to care, other than Ross Lyon himslef, which assistant coach stuffed up if something goes awry - in the end, Lyon is reponsible.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
No he completely ignores his assistant coaches.

They are there in name only.:roll:

I mean when you are not trolling what do you reckon?

I mean fair dinkum RF.

Since the GF you have been all over the forum for months posting how the GF loss was all Lyon's fault due to his coaching moves.
That's not true at all.
saintsRrising wrote: Now we have a win...and you reckon it is "dumb" Lyon taking the credit for his assistant coaches moves.
That's not true either. It's not even close to what I reckon, and even further away from what I actually said.
saintsRrising wrote: Make up your mind..

Either give the Head Coach credit for both wins and losses ...or give it to his coaching panel...and stop flip flopping around around like an obvious troll.. just so you can bag Lyon.
Sorry, but I don't think like that. Frankly, I think that's a really strange and quite ignorant way of looking at the footy world.

The head coach plays a role. They do not get credit for wins, or losses.

They get credit for things they do during wins and losses.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:RF you make some good points but at the end of the day lyon is the excutive coach (CEO of coaching so to speak) and it's his call as to what happens. It's on his head as senior coach. I have never heard of a senior coach blame it on their assistant coach.
Most coaches don't rubber stamp every move.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Did you read the thread? Or just see my name and jump in as usual? If you'd read the thread, you'd understand why it's relevant.
Mr Magic wrote: Lyon is the head coach. He's responsible for the coaching team he has put in place. Whichever part of that team made the individual move is irrelevant. The 'buck' stops with Lyon - good or bad. Nobody is going to care, other than Ross Lyon himslef, which assistant coach stuffed up if something goes awry - in the end, Lyon is reponsible.
That doesn't answer my question at all.

And as I said, it is very relevant in terms of this thread.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Just a general question....

Did, or does, Ross Lyon make these moves?

ie. taking Kirk away from stoppages should have been picked up by the midfield coach.

Does anyone actually know whether or not Ross Lyon made any of the moves that have been spoken about in this thread himself?
I'm certainly not sure, how about you?

Sam23
SS Life Member

seriously RF you are a big joke.

Don't come on here much but your vendetta on here is so much of a joke.

Your interest in this matter has turned into an obsession and i'm embarrassed for you.

Do you support St. Kilda? Or are you simply a Hater of Ross Lyon.

Get a life.

Seriously, it seems all your life is about is to come on an internet forum, where no one respects you, and spurt your stupid and crazy bull**** that just makes people annoyed.

Deadset, you need a life.

Goddard.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sam23 wrote:seriously RF you are a big joke.

Don't come on here much but your vendetta on here is so much of a joke.

Your interest in this matter has turned into an obsession and i'm embarrassed for you.

Do you support St. Kilda? Or are you simply a Hater of Ross Lyon.

Get a life.

Seriously, it seems all your life is about is to come on an internet forum, where no one respects you, and spurt your stupid and crazy bull**** that just makes people annoyed.

Deadset, you need a life.

Give the man a cigar.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Did you read the thread? Or just see my name and jump in as usual? If you'd read the thread, you'd understand why it's relevant.
Mr Magic wrote: Lyon is the head coach. He's responsible for the coaching team he has put in place. Whichever part of that team made the individual move is irrelevant. The 'buck' stops with Lyon - good or bad. Nobody is going to care, other than Ross Lyon himslef, which assistant coach stuffed up if something goes awry - in the end, Lyon is reponsible.

I've not responded to your obvious trolling for weeks. It's become so boringly predictable.
You don't really want an answer, IMO.
And yes I've read this thread. It's just another in a long line of 'vehicles' for you to 'preach your boring agenda'.

Why don't you just give it a rest for a while?
Besides, we won on Saturday - why are you here at all?
You normally don't come on here until we lose a game.

Oh and BTW, you complaining about other posters not answering your question is the classic example of
pot, kettle, black.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Solar wrote:RF you make some good points but at the end of the day lyon is the excutive coach (CEO of coaching so to speak) and it's his call as to what happens. It's on his head as senior coach. I have never heard of a senior coach blame it on their assistant coach.
Most coaches don't rubber stamp every move.
yes but they rubber stamp the coach making those calls. You make the wrong calls in the head coaches vew and they might not allow you to make those calls off your own bat going forward. I would suspect that ross would de-brief his assistances with the video after the game and work with them before the game with different moves that can be made in certain circumstances. Happens in every working environment, otherwise managers become obsessive and do the work instead of managing their resources

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I've not responded to your obvious trolling for weeks. It's become so boringly predictable.
You don't really want an answer, IMO.
And yes I've read this thread. It's just another in a long line of 'vehicles' for you to 'preach your boring agenda'.

Why don't you just give it a rest for a while?
Besides, we won on Saturday - why are you here at all?
You normally don't come on here until we lose a game.

Oh and BTW, you complaining about other posters not answering your question is the classic example of
pot, kettle, black.
I'm not complaining at all.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

This whole “we lost the GF because Ross Lyon wouldn’t play Luke Ball in the last quarterâ€

markp
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Dr Spaceman"]This whole “we lost the GF because Ross Lyon wouldn’t play Luke Ball in the last quarterâ€