Lovett on Rape Charge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Human rights my backside - he's not sitting in a refugee camp staarving to death....

Why do you assume that his guilt or innocence in a rape case is the only factor in his dismissal?
This is a guy with a list of priors as long as your arm, who was doing the wrong thing as soon as he walked through the door, and an impressive list of making the papers for the wrong reasons BEFORE HE HAS EVEN PLAYED A GAME FOR US!!!
It was reportd that he presented for a training session in an unacceptable state fro a professional athlete, he was picked up for drunkeness and has now been charged with rape !!

He had been with the club for what ? 12 weeks ?? He spent that entire time in the papers fro all the worng reasons - what do we need to wait for, maybe for him to drag the body of a murder victim up to the front door at Moorabbin.
For gods sake get of this bleeding-heart "human rights" crap - We're talking a high profile, professional athlete who was earning seven thousand dollars a week for keeping fit, whilst living in a Port Melbourne apartment.
If you want to talk human rights discuss bonded child labour in Indian sweat shops or something. At least attempt to keep it real.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

spot.on.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe this little germ is crying foul now.

Nothing more than a coward ,and the stories of him instantly after the event only confirm this

Bring back the Lockett era
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Can't believe this little germ is crying foul now.

Nothing more than a coward ,and the stories of him instantly after the event only confirm this

he has to cry foul. he would be under strict legal instructions to.

think if it from his lawyers perspective:

they have a client facing possible jail term

what do u advise him to do? act guilty? dont think so. he needs to publically act like an innocent man and create doubt.

we are talking a man with jail at stake here remember.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

we took a risk and it didnt pay off. i dont blame anyone. thats life.

about i do have to question why we felt the need for a 3 year contract?

im not up to date on how drafts work? but if he officially nomincates in his draft tersm that he wants 3 years does that mean u are stuck with 3 years once u draft them? I guess it does. Seems to be the case with L ball at the pies.

no way enyone was going to take him on for 3 years - w could have waited until a later pick i reckon.

anyways. hindsights for arseholes.

the bloke is gone. he never played in intra club game for us. not even a saints player. just a bloke witha saints contract now null and void.

saintsfan301

i'm glad he's gone

male
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Will always be remembered as an essendon player
They breed them nasty over at essendon. They must have used all of their tricky ways to convince the saints drafters to take him "he's on the road to recovery, a quality pick!" and such!

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:we took a risk and it didnt pay off. i dont blame anyone. thats life.

im not up to date on how drafts work? but if he officially nomincates in his draft tersm that he wants 3 years does that mean u are stuck with 3 years once u draft them? I guess it does. Seems to be the case with L ball at the pies.

no way enyone was going to take him on for 3 years - w could have waited until a later pick i reckon.

the bloke is gone. he never played in intra club game for us. not even a saints player. just a bloke witha saints contract now null and void.
He was not drafted by us, we traded pick 16 for him.

I don't know why he was given 3 years either.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:we took a risk and it didnt pay off. i dont blame anyone. thats life.

When you make a decision to get a player you get the deal done!

FACT is there were two other clubs offering him a three year deal for starters, so more than likely, the only way we were going to get him was on a minimum three year deal!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

When you make a decision to get a player you get the deal done!

FACT is there were two other clubs offering him a three year deal for starters, so more than likely, the only way we were going to get him was on a minimum three year deal!
Without meaning to deflect from the seriousness of the whole episode, I suspect there's footy depts at those two other clubs buying a shietload of lottery tickets right now...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'