Another GT "Gem"... I agree 100%!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:It's the same people, every single time, that are obsessed with the man.

Completely and utterly infatuated.
My irony meter just exploded.

Only GT loves GT more than you.
I'm always genuinely puzzked when I hear this.

All I have ever said, and all I have ever believed, is that GT was a good coach.

Never said he was great, and never thought it. Never said he should still be coaching, and never thought it.

Only ever said that sacking him in 2006 was poorly timed, for the wrong reasons and a year premature.

That's all I've ever said, and all I've believed - so why would yo uthink that I love him?

I don't think I've read, or listened to a word he's said since he left the club.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Only ever said that sacking him in 2006 was poorly timed, .
100% agree
rodgerfox wrote:for the wrong reasons and a year premature..
a year or two late....

rodgerfox wrote:
I don't think I've read, or listened to a word he's said since he left the club.
Not a word??

Do you really expect us to believe that you have not in any way shape or form heard, or read, at least a word from GT since he left the club? Especially as may have been posted on this forum in threads that you have posted in.

Now that would have to be the biggest fairy tale that I have ever read on this forum.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 09 Sep 2009 1:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Milton66
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Only ever said that sacking him in 2006 was poorly timed, .
100% agree
rodgerfox wrote:for the wrong reasons and a year premature..
a year or two late....

rodgerfox wrote:
Not a word??

Do you really expect us to believe that you have not in any way shape or form heard or read at leasta word from GT since he left the club?

Now that would have to be the biggest fairy tale that I have ever read on this forum.
hmmm, so RF comments and contributes to threads without reading them... when it involves GT? :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Milton66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:how we going over in here?

its ok ill catch up...kinda like not watching neighbours for 3 weeks

*i dont watch neighbours btw*
HArold's going to be our next coach and Charmaine our next Fitness guru. :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
hmmm, so RF comments and contributes to threads without reading them... when it involves GT? :shock:
Must do...

"Immaculate Posting"

So is Rodge a 50 year old virgin?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah well i could handle the present day charmaine teachin me pretty much friggin anything 8-)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
You still haven't answered us about what these alleged "poor" decisions will be. And don't give us the "if any" lies, because it wasn't in your original post.
I didn't alledge any poor decisions. I 'alledged' that only will we know if poor decisions have been made - when we don't have our best players on the park to hide them.

I'm still staggered that that is so difficult to understand. Although not at all surprised at those whom choose not to understand it.
Milton66 wrote: At least if I state an opinion on GT, I have the balls to back it up, whereas you jump to your "liar" defence and deflect attention away from your grandiose accusations.
Why would anyone bother stating an opinion on GT 3 years after he left the club???

Just weird.

As for calling people liars, it's the simply thing in the world. If you lie, I will call you a liar.

It's a trait that I detest, and is a display of complete and utter weakness.

If I say something, or do something, then I'm happy to read about it.

If I don't say something, or don't do something, and people say I that have - they're liars. This happens very frequently - from the same people. Weak people, who deal in lies.

If you can't deal with what's happened, if it doesn't suit your case - don't make up lies which work for you.

It's pathetic. Stop doing it, and I'll stop calling it for what it is.
Milton66 wrote: So it's ok for you to question the current coach, but when others start a thread it's nonsense?
Grant Thomas threads should be in the General Forum. He isn't our coach, has no ties with the club, and in this case didn't comment on our club.

Let it go. Let him go. You're a grown man, it's unhealthy to harbour so much love/hate for another human.

Milton66 wrote: I would expect better from you ViolentFox.
Milton66 wrote: Glass- house-stones RodgerStool.
I'd appreciate if you'd use my name. I have no idea who/what this ViolentStool character is. Leave me out of it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:

Maybe he is talking about a different GT.

Grant Tibbles?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

maybe he's talking about the XW and XY falcons?
maybe the XB coupe?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Not a word??

Do you really expect us to believe that you have not in any way shape or form heard, or read, at least a word from GT since he left the club? Especially as may have been posted on this forum in threads that you have posted in.

I don't read his columns, very, very rarely listen to SEN, and have watched Footy Classified probably twice in my life.

Apart from on here, I have no clue what GT talks about, and don't care.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
I don't read his columns, very, very rarely listen to SEN, and have watched Footy Classified probably twice in my life.

And some how you missed the media frenzy after he was rightly sacked???

Not to mention the "occassional" posts of his words of wisdom on this forum????

Yeh sure Rodg....we belive you..NOT!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Either today is April 1....or RF has finally aoandonded GT to get on Ross "Lucky" Lyon's Bandwagon.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 09 Sep 2009 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Conclusion
Either Milton66 and Rogerfox don't like each other.
OR they are a schizophrenic with two personalities that don't like each other.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

And some how you missed the media frenzy after he was rightly sacked???

Not to mention the "occassional" posts of his words of wisdom on this forum????

Yeh sure Rodg....we belive you..NOT!!!
I assumed it was obvious that I was referring to his work in the media.

Prior to this, his comments were in direct relation to the club - so I was interested.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Either today is April 1....or RF has finally aboandonded GT to get on Ross "Lucky" Lyon's Bandwagon.
I think the concept of being on any coach's bandwagon is moronic.

66 Saints
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Either today is April 1....or RF has finally aboandonded GT to get on Ross "Lucky" Lyon's Bandwagon.
Do I see a hint of irony in that response?!
Gold.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

66 Saints wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Do I see a hint of irony in that response?!
Gold.
How so?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The worst thing about GT was his obsessive devotion to Leigh Matthews and his outmoded football philosophies.

Imagine his ever thinking that Lethal's thinking would be of any value to our team? :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I don't think I've read, or listened to a word he's said since he left the club.

Now my BS meter has exploded.... I'm not having much luck today.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Conclusion
Either Milton66 and Rogerfox don't like each other.
OR they are a schizophrenic with two personalities that don't like each other.
Or they are in fact one in the same person and really should get a job.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milton66
SS Life Member

If GT threads should be in another forum, then it's up to the mods to move.

But why do you continually participate if you don't care? Obviously you do care about GT, or just enjoy playing the man.

At least I've got the guts to admit who / what I am.

Violent Stool is your nic on BF according to Joffaboy.

As far as any of his media comments go, I would have thought they were just as relevant to discuss as any other journo's opinions.

As stated above, if GT is of no interest to you, then bugger off this thread. Thx.

If you do not know of any "poor" decisions, then why make the comment? Sure if you based your views on fact and merely to be controversial, then you wouldn't get the responses you do from posters.

And then you have the gall to call people cretins nd morons. But I'm sure you'll deny that and call me a liar.

our white-anting antics are obvious to the majority of the posters on here. If you don't think so, then you really are delusional.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:If GT threads should be in another forum, then it's up to the mods to move.

But why do you continually participate if you don't care? Obviously you do care about GT, or just enjoy playing the man.
I'm not commenting on GT at all.

Everyone else is - as usual. I'm not. I'm commenting on the topic which is the comparison between 05 and Carlton last week.
Milton66 wrote: At least I've got the guts to admit who / what I am.
Funny. I use my real name. You use Milton66. I'm guessing that isn't your real name??
Milton66 wrote:Violent Stool is your nic on BF according to Joffaboy.
Joffaboy is wrong. I used to post on BigFooty under my real name.
Milton66 wrote:As stated above, if GT is of no interest to you, then bugger off this thread. Thx.
So you admit this thread is about GT??

I thought it was about you comparing what happened on Saturday night to what happened in 05?
Milton66 wrote:If you do not know of any "poor" decisions, then why make the comment? Sure if you based your views on fact and merely to be controversial, then you wouldn't get the responses you do from posters.
My comment was in relation to the declarations taking place about all the brilliant decisions that have made. the sheer perfection.

I was merely pointing out that these decisions haven't been tested at all. And that they wouldn't be tested until we lost key players.

Again, staggering that you won't concede this is a completely logical tihng to say.
Milton66 wrote:And then you have the gall to call people cretins nd morons. But I'm sure you'll deny that and call me a liar.
I'll only call you a liar if you lie.

Don't suggest I do it flippantly. I only ever call someone a liar if they tell a lie.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:If GT threads should be in another forum, then it's up to the mods to move.

I'm not commenting on GT at all.

Everyone else is - as usual. I'm not. I'm commenting on the topic which is the comparison between 05 and Carlton last week.
Milton66 wrote: At least I've got the guts to admit who / what I am.
Funny. I use my real name. You use Milton66. I'm guessing that isn't your real name??
Milton66 wrote:Violent Stool is your nic on BF according to Joffaboy.
Joffaboy is wrong. I used to post on BigFooty under my real name.
Milton66 wrote:As stated above, if GT is of no interest to you, then bugger off this thread. Thx.
So you admit this thread is about GT??

I thought it was about you comparing what happened on Saturday night to what happened in 05?
Milton66 wrote:If you do not know of any "poor" decisions, then why make the comment? Sure if you based your views on fact and merely to be controversial, then you wouldn't get the responses you do from posters.
My comment was in relation to the declarations taking place about all the brilliant decisions that have made. the sheer perfection.

I was merely pointing out that these decisions haven't been tested at all. And that they wouldn't be tested until we lost key players.

Again, staggering that you won't concede this is a completely logical tihng to say.
Milton66 wrote:And then you have the gall to call people cretins nd morons. But I'm sure you'll deny that and call me a liar.
I'll only call you a liar if you lie.

Don't suggest I do it flippantly. I only ever call someone a liar if they tell a lie.
I use a nic due to some of the lowlife people on here. Am always to meet you in person to talk footy and share my details with you. I was refering to the type of person I am.

The thread, in case you missed it, was about me questioning GT's authority to make such a call about Carlton. So given it was GT who made the comment, then it's blatantly obvious that this is a GT thread. It's not rocket science.

If you care to read the op again, you'll see that I was questioning his authority, and not simply starting a tirdae or anti-GT thread. If people mistake it for that, then that's their problem. I cannot be accountable for other people's interpretation of my posts, just you can't re yours. Not rocket science either.

I would argue that at 20-2 and so far a PF appearance is enough to test thhe decisions. I'm not blindly following anything. But the results so far speak for themselves. Once again, not rocket science.

One of those decisions has been the recruitment of key fitness advisers, and so far this has worked in so far as all stars being on the park for the vast majority of the season. So that's one decisions that lays the foundations for success. Cause and effect.

If you were referring to our depth, then yes, it hasn't really been tested, but then again you have players like Max, Goose, Geary and Armo who can't crack a game. Once, again... not rocket science.

As for calling people liars, if they misunderstand your comments, then perhaps explain it to them, or clarify them. You frign indignation when people have a go at you, then you call people morons and cretins. That's hypocritical IMO.

Like I said, at least I'm happy to admit that I cop abuse because of the type of person I am and the way I post.

On final note, if for some reason you believe that you are intellectually superior to others on this forum, then go join a library instead.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Apparently we're on top having won 20 out of 22 H&A games plus a qualifying final despite him rather than because of anything he's instituted or done.
We've just been very lucky, that's all.
That's just silly.

Can you point out who said that and where, cause I'll go into the thread and debate it with them because it's quite simply a silly thing to say.

Are you sure that's what they said?

Better get yourself a mirror so that you can debate yourself.
rodgerfox wrote:We've been very fortunate. Let's be honest.

We played the Pies without 3 or 4 of their best.
We played the Cats without Johnson.
We played the Crows without Edwards.
We beat Dogs after Higgins, Murphy and someone else got hurt during the game.

We've also remained injury free.

We've been very fortunate this year.

But that's certainly not a bad thing. Luck is what wins you a flag. There's lots of things you need to get right within your own control, but the very nature of Aussie Rules - the oval ball, 18 guys on the park, wind, human umpires, ludicrous scheduling etc. mean that the best team doesn't always win.
It's not an even playing field.

Luck is the biggest factor.

We've had that in spades this year.

And I believe it will continue.

Look at this.....

We play Collingwood. A very average side. An average side that has just brought in Rocca.

Again, I feel our luck is in. We cop Collingwood after they got rolled pretty easily.

We'll beat them easily tomorrow. It will actually be quite scary for the remaining 6 teams.

Then, we find ourselves in the 'easy' side of the draw. We get a fortnight break, whilst the plodders in Carlton/Brisbane and the Dogs work out who will play us in the Prelim.

Clearly, they showed it, the Dogs don't want to play us.

Meanwhile, on the other side the Cats get to play Adelaide. A pretty fired up Adelaide, whom foolishly believe they've got the goods.

Then, in the GF we'll play a 'shiit scared of losing' Geelong, or an Adelaide side that we belted by 40 odd points a month or so ago, after they'd just had their confidence up after 7 straight wins.

We've created much of our own luck this year, granted. But there's plenty that you simply don't get a say in.

Like Sydney in 05, things have gone our way. And will continue to do so.

I don't know why, but this is the finally the year that the Saints win the flag. Finally the year when things go our way.

It's quite enjoyable isn't it.
And unlike some posters habit of 'selectively' quoting posts, your whole post is there.

Go knock yourself out rodgerstool.

And btw, I'm pretty certain that a mod 'outed' you as also using Violent Stool as a name on here?

Which means your protestation of never having used it would be an untruth, which would make you a liar - which you have posted as something you detest.
Therefore you've something in common with many other posters on here -we/they detest your 'baiting' posting style on here.

Methinks it's time for you to get some new material as your old stuff has become increasingly boring.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
The worst thing about GT was his obsessive devotion to Leigh Matthews and his outmoded football philosophies.

Imagine his ever thinking that Lethal's thinking would be of any value to our team? :wink:
Errr why????

1/ It was perfectly sensible for GT and Rendell (who was who GT assigned to develop the gameplan) to ape the Lions with Gameplan A.

2/ It was incompetence for them to not keep evolving as football never stands still. So post-streak we stood still while others in the football world changed.

3/ Matthews and his outmoded football philosophies??? Surely you jest?? Leigh was never fixated and continued to evolve.

After one dynasty he did not waste time...and established a basis for a new era that Voss is now gaining the benefit from. Matthews turned over a huge number of players including rookies to sift for talent.

Voss has not really added anything to the list left him by Matthews and was very fortunate to geta diamond like Rich so late.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 09 Sep 2009 9:31pm, edited 1 time in total.