Saints Hawks - Betting Suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I don't want Hawthorn to win

I don't want Hawthorn in the finals
This. But winning for the sake of winning doesn't even thrill me anymore. Sure it would be nice to keep this wiining streak going and hopefully continue it a few more weeks but meh.

I just want the finals to start.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

This. But winning for the sake of winning doesn't even thrill me anymore. Sure it would be nice to keep this wiining streak going and hopefully continue it a few more weeks but meh.

This isn't about winning for the sake of it, I don't want Hawthorn in the finals, and I certainly don't want them to make the finals having recently beaten us.

mick13
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

This isn't about winning for the sake of it, I don't want Hawthorn in the finals, and I certainly don't want them to make the finals having recently beaten us.
Exactly. We can kill 2 birds with one stone here.

Or have one bird come back and kill 2 stones in the not do distant future!

widereceiver
Club Player

Sorry to be repetitive but I hate the farkin' Hawks and would love to terminate their season this weekend.

If we can't win the flag, I hope we kick their nappy coloured @r&es all the way back to Melbourne.

Dunno about our outs but they played interstate last Sunday

and
LOST!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

brilliant ploy by the coaching staff
:)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I find it strange that players are being rested because of slight injuries but people still think Goose may play even though he definitely got injured last week. The Goose is cooked this week.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:brilliant ploy by the coaching staff
:)
Yeah I reckon Ross would be sitting back peeing himself over this. All this speculation and he is the man with the answers.

Even says in the paper today that it is purely speculation betting and not real mail that has caused the plunge.

Also Hawthorn have set themselves for this week, so the other 18 rounds they were just mucking around ..... please.

Joffa 5
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
If we lose to them this week and they make the GF, we can keep the recent trend going of losing the last time the two teams played in the H&A season and beating them in the big one (Hawthorn - Geelong, Geelong - Port) 8-)

HarveysDeciple

If players aren't 100% don't play them, but none of this who cares about a dead rubber crap...

We are playing the reigning premiers, the last team to beat us and a potential september opponent.

Don't rest players for the sake of resting them ever...it flirts with form.

If Roo and Joey are 100% they play, if they aren't they don't.

That's not resting, that's picking fit players and not picking injured ones.

Pick the best side we can, win the game and squash a challenger.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Its all speculation. Give Ross a bit of credit. Of course he will field his best available team. There has been no announcement from stkilda re who will and wont play , everyone is speculating. I love it. People want to knock us off because we are the best, God I have been waiting 47 years for that to happen (I was too young to know in 66)

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

HarveysDeciple wrote:If players aren't 100% don't play them, but none of this who cares about a dead rubber crap...

We are playing the reigning premiers, the last team to beat us and a potential september opponent.

This.

I'd love it if this was nothing more than a market rumour.

I'll love it even more when the Saints win and their bets go down the gurgler! :P

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:If players aren't 100% don't play them, but none of this who cares about a dead rubber crap...

This. :shock:

Couldn't agree more - will never believe in that dead rubber stuff.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Just announced on news that they wont re-open betting until we announce our team. Man they must have taken a beating when geelong lost to brisbane to be this protective.

Good on ya ross now you are controlling the bookies :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

[quote="mullet"]Just announced on news that they wont re-open betting until we announce our team. Man they must have taken a beating when geelong lost to brisbane to be this protective.

Good on ya ross now you are controlling the bookies :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

really like this one i had a good laugh! :P :roll: :D

Batnoe

mick13 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

Exactly. We can kill 2 birds with one stone here.

Or have one bird come back and kill 2 stones in the not do distant future!
Me to, i do not want the Hawks to make it as they know what to do. they are scary as Carlton arent. I would rather Carlton make it and lose first week than Hawks play and put a scare through

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
mullet wrote:Just announced on news that they wont re-open betting until we announce our team. Man they must have taken a beating when geelong lost to brisbane to be this protective.

Good on ya ross now you are controlling the bookies :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

really like this one i had a good laugh! :P :roll: :D
I find the whole thing really funny, but I'm guessing not as funny as rossy is finding it all and the players

Premiers2009
Club Player

betfair were fully operational at every stage.
these small-time bookmakers like centrebet get spooked very easily when they have a greater than usual volume of wagers rather a small amount of large wagers.
sometimes $100 will push a small book and one-hundred individual wagers will cause them to drop the market entirely.
alot of people with forty or fifty bucks forced them to shut-it-down.
promotional for luxbet on SEN aswell.

Premiers2009
Club Player

Connolly's LIVE BLOG wrote:
as far as betting on the hawks/saints game do you think that matt thompson on SEN and ST on Ten went over the top and manufactured a story out of what is not an unusual practice from bookmakers in dropping a market?
Hi Tim,
It happened a couple of weeks ago with Gary Ablett from memory, so perhaps it's not quite the Watergate some more excitable members of the sports media would like to think!

- Rohan Connolly

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Premiers2009 wrote:
as far as betting on the hawks/saints game do you think that matt thompson on SEN and ST on Ten went over the top and manufactured a story out of what is not an unusual practice from bookmakers in dropping a market?
Hi Tim,
It happened a couple of weeks ago with Gary Ablett from memory, so perhaps it's not quite the Watergate some more excitable members of the sports media would like to think!

- Rohan Connolly
OMG cant believe how over the top all this has become. Didnt realize gambling controlled every aspect of our game.

Love a bet myself but geez

Quixote
SS Life Member

Centrebet are the most gutless bookmaker ever to set odds in Australian gambling and sporting history.

This.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Premiers2009
Club Player

Quixote wrote:Centrebet are the most gutless bookmaker ever to set odds in Australian gambling and sporting history.

This.
:lol: i reckon most of the hawthorn membership-base would bank with them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Centrebet are the most gutless bookmaker ever to set odds in Australian gambling and sporting history.

This.
Compared to TAB sportsbet, Centerbet are the greatest bookies in the world.

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

This.
Compared to TAB sportsbet, Centerbet are the greatest bookies in the world.

Nope. Sometimes, maybe you'll get better odds with Centrebet, but they will flee a challenge quicker than Usain Bolt.

They're basically FOS.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:
Premiers2009 wrote:
Hi Tim,

- Rohan Connolly
OMG cant believe how over the top all this has become. Didnt realize gambling controlled every aspect of our game.

Love a bet myself but geez
I agree. It is getting quite scary.

Was posed with an interesting theory on gambling and the potential damage it could do the game. The hypothetical scenario that was put to me was what would happen to the integrity of the game if, for example, a top name player had his wife/child abducted and told to 'throw' the game? Not likely, but not totally out of the question either.

Fortius Quo Fidelius