Sandy TEAMS Vs Box Hill Sunday 21st June. 2 pm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

cheers for the reports guys

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Junior wrote: Matt Maquire - Hurt his leg in the first half, but came back on after about a five minute spell. Played hard but he is too slow to go with a forward on the lead. He is capable of domianting when a team bangs it in long, but the reality is that most teams no longer play like this. Looked a lot better up forward. On what I saw he would be way too slow for AFL level as a defender, only hope appears to re invent himself as a forward. Turned the ball over a few teams in defence as well. Hope he can make it back but I feel it might be a struggle to cement a place in the team.
I agree in respect to Matty as I saw the two thirds of the game on the weekend and a couple of games earlier on in the season. Yes, he no longer seems to have the same pace that he used too. This begs the question, where has the pace gone? Is it a side effect of the horrific leg break?

Brings us to an even bigger question - where to play him. You have ruled out defense (to which I agree based on his form at the weekend) and you mentioned putting him up forward. So who do you replace? There is no spot for him in our current structure as I don't believe that he is good enough to replace Roo or Kosi. I just struggle to see at the moment where he fits in. I will watch with great interest over the next few weeks to see what plans Ross has for him.

I believe that if he hasn't played in the seniors by the end of the year, he may be dropped from the list. I hope not, but I just don't see any other alternative as I don't see him being satisfied playing out his career in our VFL team, especially if there are other teams after him.

Maybe he was just having a bad game on the weekend and I would love to see him make the team in the next couple of weeks and prove me wrong as I am a big fan of his.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
golden hawk
Club Player

sorry did not get to meet any of you guys maybe next time

your friendly neighbourhood hawk