Resignation of Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:other interests my fat aunt........gold coast here he comes....f****** ten bob tourist.......good riddance i say....wonder how many of the saints players the arsehole tries to steal....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Just needed to bump that post. :wink:
Can you legally call someone an arsehole in context on an internet forum?

no-one tell you truth is an absolute defence......????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:just what i expected you to say mate..... :wink: :wink: :wink:
More insight = less room for crap.

8-)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

8-)

we could do with less crap on here..... :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

8-)

we could do with less crap on here..... :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-)
Yep!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
stinger wrote:time will tell....time will tell.......he has still shifted his kids to the gold coast......to be nearer their grannie ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
WTF :?:

Archie is heading up the A League competition...

Just what has that got to do with the GC??

I suppose some on here are going to blame him for everything ...

the past, the present and the flowing future
again stinger..

Has this been confirmed of the "shifting of the kids" or is it still a rumour?

I've also been informed that he followed the Saints well before he got the gig as CEO of the Saints and was dead set excited to get the job of CEO of the Club he follows.

You did mention in another post that it was bad timing, yes it is but an opportunity to run a whole league doesn't come around very often. Yes bad timing but I don't consider him an asshole for leaving.

He was always approachable in emails that I sent him (averaged 2 a week) and replied the same day, sometimes after 10pm)

You tell me what other CEO has done that in the past?

He is passionate at what he does and never stops working, and I for one wish him the best.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
stinger wrote:time will tell....time will tell.......he has still shifted his kids to the gold coast......to be nearer their grannie ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

again stinger..

Has this been confirmed or the "shifting of the kids" is still a rumour?

I've also been informed that he followed the Saints well before he got the gig as CEO of the Saints and was dead set excited to get the job of CEO of the Club he follows.

You did mention in another post that it was bad timing, yes it is but an opportunity to run a whole league doesn't come around very often. Yes bad timing but I don't consider him an asshole for leaving.

He was always approachable in emails that I sent him (averaged 2 a week) and replied the same day, sometimes after 10pm)

He is passionate at what he does and never stops working, and I for one wish him the best.
i don't have a problem with what you say st fid...he was obliging to you.....good for him.....but i don't resile from anyting i have posted .....we can agree to disagree...that's healthy.......archie didn't deny the story in the paper which was confirmed from another source....it was discussed on here yesterday...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:[again stinger..

Stated it in his video on saintscentral, about as confirmed as you can get.

That is that he is going to the A-league

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

again stinger..

i don't have a problem with what you say st fid...he was obliging to you.....good for him.....but i don't resile from anyting i have posted .....we can agree to disagree...that's healthy.......archie didn't deny the story in the paper which was confirmed from another source....it was discussed on here yesterday...
Fair enough mate, he was not just approachable to myself, what other CEO conducts an open forum like the "Ask Archie"??

I never bothered with the Ask Archie segment and just emailed him instead and always got a response the same night.

He was a hard worker and I just hope the next CEO works just as hard.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

again stinger..

So Stinger just for the record what have you done for the club that allows you to run Archie into the ground, and yeah yeah please don't go right back to your great great Grand Dad and the 1800s.

casey scorp
Club Player

From FFA site:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/200 ... w&id=26771

“Growth and expansion of the Hyundai A-League is critical to the growth of football in Australia and is an absolute priority for FFA,â€

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Any thoughts on the move, CS?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

record membership?? :shock:

Dont think so!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:record membership?? :shock:

Dont think so!

"record growth in membership, revenues and profits"

ahh...spin doctors....never let the truth get in the way of a good story...or in the way of justification for your decision...... :roll:

casey scorp
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Any thoughts on the move, CS?
I think AF has had his hands full at St KFC with a difficult Board when he arrived.

He certainly impressed me early on, but I can’t help feeling that the new Board took him in a direction that mightn’t have been his preference. As CEO, his role is to lead the staff, provide advice to the Board and to implement the Board’s decisions.

I also think he might have been short-changed by receiving some poor advice from others about the original Frankston project, which set a course from which there was no turning back and which ultimately will end up on the rocks – particularly if the project cost is starting to escalate (now $15 million according to the FFA site), with the Saints paying all costs over $9 million.

I reckon Archie might just be pleased to be out of St KFC.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am not going to say much about Archie, not sure we will be able to evaluate his peformance until some time has passed.

So do we think that they will appoint someone sooner rather than later? Who are some candidates that may be able to fill the role?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Word is Drain is the favourite.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
casey scorp
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote: So do we think that they will appoint someone sooner rather than later?
From the St KFC media release:

The St Kilda Football Club today announces that Archie Fraser, CEO, has resigned from the Club to pursue other interests.

Archie will complete a thorough handover, while the Club works diligently to find a suitable replacement.

Club Chairman Greg Westaway said, "I personally thank Archie for his significant contribution over the last four years with the Club. As CEO Archie steered the club through a difficult period of change at the Board and operating level and should be commended. I sincerely wish him well as he seeks fresh challenges in the future".

That is a strange media release - it's almost like one where the departure is "negotiated".

While the second para implies he'll stay around until a replacement is found, I not sure that Ben Buckley will be too tolerant, and will want his new man on board at the A-league asap.

I think St KFC had better go for sooner rather than later.

It'll be interesting to see if Stuart Fox (GFC) wants to throw his hat into the ring again after the decbacle he went through (twice) with MFC.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
I also think he might have been short-changed by receiving some poor advice from others about the original Frankston project, which set a course from which there was no turning back and which ultimately will end up on the rocks – particularly if the project cost is starting to escalate (now $15 million according to the FFA site), with the Saints paying all costs over $9 million.

Absolutely, he'd be tickled pink, when the shyte really does hit the fan, sunning himself on the Gold Coast and sipping pina colada's!

So is it already true that there are cost blowouts ( 15 million )?

With St kilda having to pay everything over 9 million the white elephant in the back blocks of Seaford, just gets bigger and bigger!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Just want to know why he was looking for another job in the first place?

OR, was he doing such an outstanding job at the saints that FFA targetted him?

So was(is) he the BEST sporting club CEO in Australia??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

note the last para....

February 25, 2009
Article from: Australian Associated Press

"ST KILDA chief executive Archie Fraser has become the second senior AFL executive to switch to soccer, taking a new role as head of the A-League.

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has head-hunted Fraser in its wide-ranging reorganisation as it prepares its World Cup bid team.

Ben Buckley was chief operating officer at the AFL before he became the FFA chief executive.
Buckley said Fraser, a former professional soccer player, would have a major role within the FFA.

"Growth and expansion of the Hyundai A-League is critical to the growth of football in Australia and is an absolute priority for FFA," Buckley said.

"Archie has not only played the game to a high level, he's also a professional sports administrator and he has a first class commercial and strategic background.

"Although he has worked in AFL for the past several years, he is the first to acknowledge that his No 1 sporting passion is, and always has been, football."

Fraser played soccer in his native Scotland and then Queensland.

He was a consultant for St Kilda before becoming its commercial operations manager in 2005 and its chief executive the following year.

The Saints have set no timetable on when Fraser will leave or when they will appoint his successor.

But president Greg Westaway said Fraser would leave with the club's full blessing.

"While it's always a shame to lose good people, the Saints are in good shape and will work diligently to find a suitable replacement," Westaway said in a statement.

"We have lost an important person, (but) it's a testament to the quality of people that we employ and those remaining at the club.

"Archie steered the club through a difficult period of change at the board and operating level over the last few years.

"Archie will remain with the club to complete a thorough handover and ensure that momentum on major projects is maintained."

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:Just want to know why he was looking for another job in the first place?

OR, was he doing such an outstanding job at the saints that FFA targetted him?

So was(is) he the BEST sporting club CEO in Australia??
he was approached
On SEN
the FFA- A league job was not advertised....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

Absolutely, he'd be tickled pink, when the shyte really does hit the fan, sunning himself on the Gold Coast and sipping pina colada's!

So is it already true that there are cost blowouts ( 15 million )?

With St kilda having to pay everything over 9 million the white elephant in the back blocks of Seaford, just gets bigger and bigger!
I've just had a gut full of your flowering CRAP....

Read the post about the clash strip/away strip....

AND GET A FLOWERING CLUE!

Your two year pathetic campaign is just getting too monotonous and flowering boring...

You can't even type St Kilda correctly and flowering carry on about tradition.

Yes this keyboard stuff can become tiresome and again I would like to meet you again at the football and really demonstrate just what I think of you.
Last edited by St Fidelius on Wed 25 Feb 2009 6:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

a side issue but is annoying

In his interview (archie) on SEN often referred to soccer as football...but also rederred to it as soccer.......

SEN broadcasters (not all) do the same thing.

Yet refer to the national team as socceroos

peeves me off referring to it as football in this country......

many many years round ball game mentioned among the masses and media as soccer.......

savvy crap nowdays in media ......

saint4life
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:savvy crap nowdays in media ......
We don't live in the US, so I'll call it football; you can call it soccer if you're that keen resist change and stick with the Yanks.

I have no problems with Socceroos; it's a brand that's grown beyond the prefix, so it's fine with me and the majority of the football community.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
chook23 wrote:savvy crap nowdays in media ......
We don't live in the US, so I'll call it football; you can call it soccer if you're that keen resist change and stick with the Yanks.

I have no problems with Socceroos; it's a brand that's grown beyond the prefix, so it's fine with me and the majority of the football community.
referred to soccer for many years in England........main shows on TV had soccer in the show title.

We live in Australia and the football I followed has long involved St.kilda
in VFL and AFL

National and State SOCCER leagues existed in Australia.........until it was changed ...and not chaned here by Yanks.

saint4life