Sports Tonight - Are we interested in O'Keefe?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Shouldn't the moderator's be getting involved now, this poster is going against all the forum rules....and seems to be just out to cause trouble?
You would think so. Swearing, shouting, making vieled threats.

Mabye the mods are awaiting advice from the club before acting :wink: :D :D
both seem to be over stepping the mark now.

it was suggested kosi for o'keefe AND a draft pick wasn't it. not the other way round and us giving a draft pick. gotta read posts more carefully.

the last time i saw arguing like this was the prelim against hawks when fights nearly broke out, had a full bottle of water come flying and hit my leg when i went down the aisle to support a fellow saint, haha. but fighting amongst ourselves is something different.
Yes I have retaliated from the original abuse and I believe it is within my rights to do so .... again that is MY OPINION..

To call me...
What makes You such a Farking expert?
You know F*** all!
Just coz you have over 7 thousand posts doesn't make you an expert!
You've obviously posted so many times because you ave an extremely HIGH opinion of yourself as a FOOTY EXPERT! You've probably never played a game in your life but seem to know alot about it!!!
DUMB F**KING C**T!!!
And I responded what he deserved IMO...

Just when did this poster suggested Leigh Fisher in his comments in this thread is just puzzling :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ok kiddies... settle down. :lol:

WE give Kosi... THEY give us ROK and their 2nd round pick.

NOW... if you two don't stop arguing... I'll throw in Dal Santo for good measure and teach you both a lesson.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/l ... 83353.html

St Kilda, which is likewise keen to inject more speed into its side, is not pursuing Lovett.

The Bombers had expressed interest in Saint Nick Dal Santo's situation, but were repeatedly told by the Saints that Dal Santo — or Justin Koschitzke — was not on the trade table.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/h ... 83336.html

St Kilda is believed to have a mild interest in O'Keefe, but the club has reiterated that Nick Dal Santo and Justin Koschitzke are not up for trade and is thus unclear how the Saints would satisfy Sydney in a trade.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
realdeal wrote:If he was gonna get cut
I can confirm this was never going to happen.
4 years? hes kidding himself. id very happily give him 2 though. good player and saints need a player like him.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I just heard on SEN that O'Keefe has put a $600 000 a year price on his head to come back to a Melbourne club.
I guess that's the end of this option for us.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I just heard on SEN that O'Keefe has put a $600 000 a year price on his head to come back to a Melbourne club.
I guess that's the end of this option for us.
surely not what he expects......

looking for a pay rise though

ambit claim

saint4life
Saints94
SS Life Member

X and L.Fisher and 2nd rd pick for O'Keefe

Batnoe

Carlton have Offered Okeefe 3 years for 1.5 million

where do they get their money from? hahah i really cant wait when they lose their players, they have to be cheating

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Makes me think of that 99 fev baloons song

"To lure Juddy to the navy crooks, and pay him extra off the books"

:lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Carlton have Offered Okeefe 3 years for 1.5 million

where do they get their money from? hahah i really cant wait when they lose their players, they have to be cheating
Good luck to them IMO....

someone tell me if a player is worth $500 thousand a year and averages just 1 goal a game and at the age of 28 next year is good value....

I am glad we seem not interested ...

Good player in is day but, IMO on the slide and not worth the big $ asked of him...

OH...

by the way, it's just my opinion :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Batnoe

St Fidelius wrote:

someone tell me if a player is worth $500 thousand a year and averages just 1 goal a game and at the age of 28 next year is good value....

Good player in is day but, IMO on the slide and not worth the big $ asked of him...

OH...

Surley carlton must think they are a chance of winning a flag in next 4 years or they wouldnt waste their time?

why be competitive and waste money on a player that wont bring them a flag and then he will retire and they will have to fill his spot

i would love him if he was 25- but not 28

unless he takes 200k a year and only a 3rd round pick

Paul Roos said he wants first round pick for him also- too expensive

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

OH...

Surley carlton must think they are a chance of winning a flag in next 4 years or they wouldnt waste their time?

why be competitive and waste money on a player that wont bring them a flag and then he will retire and they will have to fill his spot

i would love him if he was 25- but not 28

unless he takes 200k a year and only a 3rd round pick

Paul Roos said he wants first round pick for him also- too expensive
I agree mate...

O'Keefe is a great player IMO but I do feel he is on the down side of his best.....

Maybe a year in him IMO at his best but for $500 thousand a year not worth it

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Do you guys realise that ROK has been, statistically, in the top five players at Sydney for the past five years, and he's only played nine years.

Since he broke through the 16 game per year barrier when he played 24 in 2004, he has then played 26, 25, 23, and 23 games in the years since.

Very resilient.

This year was his second best year by stats, behind 2006.

His highest goalkicking year was 2004 with 33, this year he got 23. Certainly doing his job.

He is only 21 months older than our very own Roo (yet he is being written off as an APIA client), has a Premiership medallion round his neck, AA selection and nominations.

Whether we go at him or not, he is a very high quality player who by all reports, wants to return to Vic to see out his career.

Would love to see him at the Saints for the next five years.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He won't be coming to the Saints and I reckon he'll stay at The Swans

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

O'Keefe is a great player, of that I have no doubt. Is definitely worth a late first-round selection (i.e. ours), as he is a proven player, who still has at least 3 good years of footy left in him. This year, he found himself playing slightly up the ground and pushing up the ground a bit...Very handy player, and would add a lot to the side as a lead-up forward who can rack up 20+ touches a game...

The Saints are coming!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:He won't be coming to the Saints and I reckon he'll stay at The Swans
I agree we won't get him.

But allegedly he does want to come back to Vic.

Just can't believe though that some think he's past it and too old.

Will we be thinking Roo is past it and too old June 2010 to sign up for the next 3-5 years? (same age ROK is now) I know different playing styles but both top five at their clubs for a long time now.

ROK is a very very good clever player who is still rating highly, IMO.