Coach gets Lyon's share of credit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Please produce one post, or even easier - one single sentence where I have said Lyon should be sacked.
Means nothing.... you were still responsible for starting thread after thread and post after post that was nothing more than sniping.

The vitriol, the snipes, the scorn, the destabilizing, and general half-baked shyte heaped on Lyon was out of control (and it matters).

Those responsible shouldn't complain if some don't allow them to simply slink off now, nor should they expect it's ok to just moderate their position and act like everything is cool (or even maybe hope to be congratulated).

It was a disgrace.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Please produce one post, or even easier - one single sentence where I have said Lyon should be sacked.
Means nothing.... you were still responsible for starting thread after thread and post after post that was nothing more than sniping.

The vitriol, the snipes, the scorn, the destabilizing, and general half-baked shyte heaped on Lyon was out of control (and it matters).

Those responsible shouldn't complain if some don't allow them to simply slink off now, nor should they expect it's ok to just moderate their position and act like everything is cool (or even maybe hope to be congratulated).

It was a disgrace.
Beautifully summed up markp. RodgerFox wants to conduct the forum like some sort of bush lawyer :roll:

The inference was there for all to see and you have pinpointed the whole issue succintly and with erudition.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
I think JB summed it up nicely. All some of us wanted was that certain supporters be patient.. not hose who were critical of Lyon, but the one's calling for his sacking this year.
You're misquoting Joffaboy badly there.

That's not what he has written at all.
See this is why you have no credibility at all RodgerFox.

WJ42 has got it exactly right. Your presumption of my meaning is so far out it is outregeously funny.

You really fail to understand, and it is not up to other clear thinkers on here like WJ42 to educate you.

You really are very confused with your spin and deflections.

Just let it go RodgerFox. You are fooling nobody, except mabye for yourself :oops: :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I also have some relevant questions...well as relevant as some of the discussion on here..

1. Would Allan Killigrew have played Milne more in the midfield??

2. Wold Mike Patterson have exited Harvs at the end of 07?

3. Would Graham Gellie have coached the 04/05 sides to premierships?

Christ on a bike you lot, our CURRENT coach is about to wind up his second year in the job, with a minimum Preliminary Final and..hell.a POTENTIAL premiership still up for grabs, and he's still be compared with his predeccesor.

Thats the trouble with coaching discussion on here. Its little about opinions and big on agenda pushing. Then eventually it comes down to a Teffers vs Rodgerfox slanging match. For 2 blokes who come from opposite sides of the ring as it were, they both have in common a very snooty "you are obviously a fool" disdain for people who disagre with them.

Let it be, as someone famous once sung. RL is our coach now.

Oh..but a big shout out to the person who started a "Sack Ross Lyon Now" group on facebook mid-season lol. You know who you are!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It was a disgrace.

HAHAHAhahaahahah!!

Ahh, good to have nice laugh so early in the morning.

So the fact that I have never typed one single post, one single sentence, one single word that belittles, degrades or personally attacks Ross Lyon in anyway shape or form - doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter because you just 'know' that I meant it? No reason for you knowing this? Just a hunch?

Gee, it must be interesting in your world if fact and reality is of no concern whatsoever to you.

Fair dinkum, that is funny.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
I think JB summed it up nicely. All some of us wanted was that certain supporters be patient.. not hose who were critical of Lyon, but the one's calling for his sacking this year.
You're misquoting Joffaboy badly there.

That's not what he has written at all.
See this is why you have no credibility at all RodgerFox.

WJ42 has got it exactly right. Your presumption of my meaning is so far out it is outregeously funny.

You really fail to understand, and it is not up to other clear thinkers on here like WJ42 to educate you.

You really are very confused with your spin and deflections.

Just let it go RodgerFox. You are fooling nobody, except mabye for yourself :oops: :oops:
Another hilarious post.

So, WayneJudson42 was right? You only take issue with the one's calling for his sacking?

Yet you've mentioned me in particular with your anger and vitriol in several posts?

And here's the funniest bit.....

I never typed a word that said or suggested we should sack him - infact I made several posts and even several threads stating categorically that we should not sack another coach - but that doesn't matter???

Those facts are irrelevant.

So funny.

HarveysDeciple

Not the time or the place for this crap!

We are about to play in a Prelim FFS!!!

and I know the answers will be "tell dodgy, tell teffers etc" they started it.

Just get over it!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Not the time or the place for this crap!

Just get over it!
You mean, 'move on'?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

He's gone.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Not the time or the place for this crap!

Just get over it!
Well said

Still..cant let a mere Preliminary Final get in the way of agenda pushing can we??? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: So the fact that I have never typed one single post, one single sentence, one single word that belittles, degrades or personally attacks Ross Lyon in anyway shape or form - doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter because you just 'know' that I meant it? No reason for you knowing this? Just a hunch?
Now that is funny.... if you're not a sniper, I'm not breathing.

I'd have more trouble finding a post by you that didn't contain a shot fired at RL from your grassy knoll than otherwise......

I'm totally pumped today, only 33 hours to go...!

Give it a rest.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
I'd have more trouble finding a post by you that didn't contain a shot fired at RL from your grassy knoll than otherwise......

Give it a rest.

A shot fired? Or simply an opinion that you disagree with?

JeffDunne

saint66au wrote:Still..cant let a mere Preliminary Final get in the way of agenda pushing can we??? :roll:
If your agenda has run out of petrol then apparently not.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Another hilarious post.

So, WayneJudson42 was right? You only take issue with the one's calling for his sacking?

Yet you've mentioned me in particular with your anger and vitriol in several posts?

I never typed a word that said or suggested we should sack him - infact I made several posts and even several threads stating categorically that we should not sack another coach - but that doesn't matter???

So funny.
Oh dear RF, you really get into a tizz when the blowtorch is applied to the belly :roll:

Re-read markp's brilliant summation of your modis operandi.

Squirm all you like. If it walks like a duck.....

You have been found out. You have been made a fool of - not by anyone here but by Ross Lyon himself.

You are the leader of the bruised ego brigade so you lash out at others who calmly and succintly point out your inconsistancies and incorrect statements.

markp is deadset correct in his post above and you know it so you dismiss it with a brillant retort -now what was it again??

Oh yes here it is
rodgerfox wrote: HAHAHAhahaahahah!!
Oh brilliant. Wonderful. Howls of derisive laughter :roll:

It is really sad to see someone who has been shown up for all the world to see to be in such denial.

But really keep it up RF. While I think it is a little sad, a rather enjoy seeing a pompous egomanic copit it in the neck from all and sundry :D

poor old RF. You will never forgive RL for making you look the fool will you? :D

Carry on - this whole denial is highly amusing :D

Lance or James??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:

Give it a rest.

A shot fired? Or simply an opinion that you disagree with?
With respect Rodge, you appear to have the uncanny skill of throwing up "Dorothy Dixers" on this forum, and letting the discussion continue amongst memebrs.. then popping up when someone posts exactly what you were saying (whilst not saying it). Almost by stealth. :lol:

Bit of a throw-the-cat-amognst-the-pidgeons-type of guy.

Now don't ask me to recall where you did that, but I do recall you starting a thread about RL back in July that went down that path.

I realize you keep a cut'n'paste folder on your hard drive so that you can deny any allegations thrown at you, with your glib one-liners... but that's ok. You're entitled to it.

:lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Less than 32 hours to go now.... I'm tipping a big dust up on the ground before the first bounce, cant wait to see Max welcome Franklin to his patch......

Go Saints!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Another hilarious post.

So funny.
Oh dear RF, you really get into a tizz when the blowtorch is applied to the belly :roll:

Re-read markp's brilliant summation of your modis operandi.

Squirm all you like. If it walks like a duck.....

You have been found out. You have been made a fool of - not by anyone here but by Ross Lyon himself.

You are the leader of the bruised ego brigade so you lash out at others who calmly and succintly point out your inconsistancies and incorrect statements.

markp is deadset correct in his post above and you know it so you dismiss it with a brillant retort -now what was it again??

Oh yes here it is
rodgerfox wrote: HAHAHAhahaahahah!!
Oh brilliant. Wonderful. Howls of derisive laughter :roll:

It is really sad to see someone who has been shown up for all the world to see to be in such denial.

But really keep it up RF. While I think it is a little sad, a rather enjoy seeing a pompous egomanic copit it in the neck from all and sundry :D

poor old RF. You will never forgive RL for making you look the fool will you? :D

Carry on - this whole denial is highly amusing :D
Good to see you've moved on.

And as for this??
joffaboy wrote: poor old RF.
I'm 31!

Coming from you, that's a bit rich!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
I realize you keep a cut'n'paste folder on your hard drive so that you can deny any allegations thrown at you, with your glib one-liners... but that's ok. You're entitled to it.

:lol:
So you also think facts are irrelevant?

Odd place Saintsational.

I still can't get past the fact that if I don't say something, and can categorically prove it, and can categorically prove I have consistently said another thing altogether - it doesn't matter.

What matters more is that 'posse' thinks I'm on one side of the fence, therefore I am the enemy and everything I say or do is directly aimed at wanting Ross Lyon hogtied and thrown in the Yarra, and at the same time wanting Grant Thomas knighted.

You really are a funny bunch.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: So you also think facts are irrelevant?

Odd place Saintsational.

I still can't get past the fact that if I don't say something, and can categorically prove it, and can categorically prove I have consistently said another thing altogether - it doesn't matter.

What matters more is that 'posse' thinks I'm on one side of the fence, therefore I am the enemy and everything I say or do is directly aimed at wanting Ross Lyon hogtied and thrown in the Yarra, and at the same time wanting Grant Thomas knighted.

You really are a funny bunch.
lol @ RF.

Keep squirming. Love the denial.

Oh this is highly entertaining.

Poor old RF. :D :D :D

Lance or James??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Odd place Saintsational.
Sure is...

Contains people who think that playing "my schlong is bigger than yours" hypothetical agenda-driven irelevant ancient history coaching arguments the day before we play in a Prelim final.
Odd indeed

FFS people stick your egos back in your pockets and focus your energies on supporting the CURRENT team and coaching staff 100% to get us home tomorrow night!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh come on Mick.

Dont you enjoy seeing a pompous twat get their ego bruised - not by anybody here - but by the coach himself :D :D

Dont lock the thread it is highly entertaining.

There are plenty of other threads focussing on the PF. They have not been jacked, so why stop some healthy banter????

Strange type of forum if all the threads had to be exactly the same and we had to conform with what is acceptable discussion because there is a game on tomorrow.

Goodness me if we were allowed only to ever concentrate on the game poor old Caro would never write an article.

Some people can concentrate on more than one topic :wink:

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Odd place Saintsational.
What is most odd is that you think you have the horsepower to fool anyone other than the dullest of dullards.... carry on... and on... and on.

Why don't you take position in a light tower and take out buddy for us.... Or would you rather wait to see is Ross slips up?

You bumped this thread this morning, when it would have been much more prudent to just let it sink like a stone......

31 hours to go now. The boys will be ready to run through a brick wall.... Cant wait.

You excited Rodge?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Go Saints!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Oh come on Mick.

Dont you enjoy seeing a pompous twat get their ego bruised - not by anybody here - but by the coach himself :D :D

Dont lock the thread it is highly entertaining.

There are plenty of other threads focussing on the PF. They have not been jacked, so why stop some healthy banter????

Strange type of forum if all the threads had to be exactly the same and we had to conform with what is acceptable discussion because there is a game on tomorrow.

Goodness me if we were allowed only to ever concentrate on the game poor old Caro would never write an article.

Some people can concentrate on more than one topic :wink:
Mehh each to their own..was never gonna lock it

maybe its just me, but 30 hours before a Prelimiary Final..of which we play sooo many..I just cant see how RL vs GT (or RF vs Teffers..same thing lol) has any relevance or frankly any interest to anyone lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
You excited Rodge?
Why don't you tell me?

You seem to know more about my thoughts than I do.