Jeff White?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

Bono wrote:Teams better than you dont offload good players.
Of course they do. The salary cap forces teams to do that.
I would take White as a replacement for Gardiner. White's ruckwork isnt that crash hot however his work around the ground is great. He should have been playing for us from the start instead of going from Southern U18s to Freo.
Now that is a decent suggestion. We can only have 2 older ruckmen, not 3. Rix may not be very good but he is reliable from a physical point of view. Gardiner is not.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SO what is the deal with Luke van Rheenan? Will he continue with us next year? Has to be his make or break next year I would suggest?

saintly_safes
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Trent Knoble for mine... Capuano a close second...
How could I forget those two? The answer - very easily.

My goodness gracious me, we have had some rippers.
Don Disher
Damien Kitszchke - the only good thing he did at the Club was give Elle MacPherson a Saints jumper
Paul Harding - recruited from Hawthorn?
Wayne Thornborrow (Ruckman?)

Wasn't Tim Elliott recruited as a ruckman?

And going back a bt
Rodney Galt
Alan Sidebottom
Sorry to get off the theme of the post but I couldnt help my self as soon as saw the name " Rodney Galt"
The very first saints game I ever went to was at Moorabbin Carlton V Saints
I was a spritely 9 year old standing on beer cans (lucky for me there were plenty to pick from) in the outer to get a glimpse of the top of the boundry fence , & although soundly beaten (actually thrashed) it is as vivid in my mind as it was on that day. Greg Kennedy kicked a bag & he earnt every one of them playing on " Cowboy Neale" John Stevens kicked a few for us & "Rodney Galt "became my new favourite player, he was our shining light .A year or so later he broke my heart & moved to Carton of all teams & played in a premiership team(maybe 2) .Carnt be sure but I think a very young Val Perovic played in that game too & ended up at Carlton as well & became a crowd favorite (woof)

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:SO what is the deal with Luke van Rheenan? Will he continue with us next year? Has to be his make or break next year I would suggest?
He was a long-shot rookie pick who was average last year (never been named in the best at Casey in any level) and injured this season. Time to get a new project ruckman IMO. Preferably one either taller than 205cm or an athletic freak new to footy.

kalsaint
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:this bloke would be a thousand percent better bet.....

'Wallace confirms that Tigers will chase Warnock

Lyall Johnson | August 20, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace yesterday flagged the club's interest in pursuing Fremantle giant Robert Warnock.

The 206-centimetre, 21-year-old Docker, who was drafted in 2005 from Sandringham under 18s but has played only 21 games, is out of contract this season and has indicated he wants to return home.

"Robbie's a required player and in the end, that will be his decision about what he wants to do," Harvey said.
With AAP

Agree 100%. Ten years younger with his career in front of him.
but hardly worth $1m over three years his asking price is extreemly high for a bloke who has only played 21 games and of those games hasnt exactly set the world on fire .. he may turn out to be a gun but realistically thats alot of money to spend on someone who could turn out to be the next Barry Brooks
Apart from COX I dont think any other ruckman is worth $1M over 2 years

Unless they present as value as a forward or have superb mobility for their size, they just dont influence a game the way they should.

Get midfielders. They get noticed by umpires and are treated the best so they have more influence nowadays.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we go for Seaby. Offload MG & Rix . Move King on to veterans list.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Paul Harding - was he the short guy with the mo that went to the eagles?

he was really bloody good.
I was really cut when he left. Really cut. Thought he was a good ruckman, but he didn't do a lot at West Coast.
Other than win a premiership! Very sorry to see him go.
LOL - he did too. I forgot that...

Anyway, his career definitely peaked with us. He had three excellent years here.

In 1990, he polled 9 Brownlow votes. Impressive.

He trailed off a little at WCE, but that was probably due to age.
Bono wrote:Teams better than you dont offload good players.

I would take White as a replacement for Gardiner. White's ruckwork isnt that crash hot however his work around the ground is great. He should have been playing for us from the start instead of going from Southern U18s to Freo.
You need to post more often. Your common sense and insight is appreciated.

All excellent points.

IMO, we've got three spots for ruckman over the age of 24.

Out of King, White, Gardiner and Rix - King and White are walk ups. Rix is durable, but so am I. Gardiner has talent and is capable at this level, so that means the end of Rix for mine.

We haven't needed him this year and we don't need him from here on in. I hope we get White, and then get some young rucks in the draft.

To those suggesting Warnock....

Do you actually realise that while White would cost about $50,000 a year, Warnock would cost closer to $350,000 - a shitload of draft picks? Do people understand that?

:shock:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id maybe go for Seaby instead.

White is finished and Warnock - apart from being tall - has done nothing and seems highly over-rated and over-priced.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

we should throw big dollars at peverill and lappin as well

some people would want st kilda to turn into a half way house of has beens and never beens :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jay young
Club Player

jeffs stonkered knackered ballcocked he should retire we should not recruit delisted players no more god when we delist no one picks up ours from now on we should grab youngsters only. actually we wont be able to delist enough this year we are stuck with at least 15 players who are not much cop

matrix
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Do you actually realise that while White would cost about $50,000 a year, Warnock would cost closer to $350,000 - a shitload of draft picks? Do people understand that?

:shock:
50 grand a year.....is that all.
s*** for that price u might as well get him.....

but seeing as the draft is shot after this year for a while, if we add him to the list are white, king, rix/gard going to last any length of time??

surely he'll get more than 50 gee.