I have joined the club.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would like to cut Ross some slack here, not because of the win but because upto half time I thought our players were so bad in their decision making and skills that the best coach in the world couldn't have got them over the line.
Game plan from the start appeared to be an attacking one but the players themselves were the culprits.
The turn around after half time is inexplainable ... :?
Happy with that win, well done boys.
Roo..superstar.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Alway said you know less than me about footy Fireman :wink:

Are you getting there next week or what?????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:So correct me if I am wrong teflon.

Ross couldn't coach in the first half, but suddenly could coach in the second?
I think if you read the gameday thread you'll find that was pretty much Teffers position. :lol:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Or Ross couldn't coach the whole game and the players ignored him and played to their "best list in the league" potential?

Has to be either one from the Lyon haters :wink:

Wheres St.Kunny???? Oh thats right we won, that anti Saints drunken troll will have a rotten week :D :D :wink:
No, no, no... They were playing to the game plan for the 1st half...

Then the ever "objective" Babbalot went into the rooms at half time to mentor the coach.

Apparently was babbling on about how sacking GT was a massive mistake and that RL needed to man-mange the players better, follow the process, and come firing with their A-grade.

RL was then heard muttering "farting at thunder" on the way back to the coach's box. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

I think if you read the gameday thread you'll find that was pretty much Teffers position. :lol:
lol - I have come to the conclusion that it is actually me that is the jinx. Had to leave at halftime againts Hawthorn and we have the best half of the year.

Had to leave the Bellarine peninsula at halftime today and we have probably our second best half of the season :D :D

Mabye Ross should text me at halftime if we are down and ask me to leave :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:I would like to cut Ross some slack here, not because of the win but because upto half time I thought our players were so bad in their decision making and skills that the best coach in the world couldn't have got them over the line.
Game plan from the start appeared to be an attacking one but the players themselves were the culprits.
Good to see the lights work in some people's houses!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Alway said you know less than me about footy Fireman :wink:

Are you getting there next week or what?????
:lol:
yeah mate.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I would like to cut Ross some slack here, not because of the win but because upto half time I thought our players were so bad in their decision making and skills that the best coach in the world couldn't have got them over the line.
yes...low wattage. :P

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
maverick wrote:
suss wrote:
maverick wrote:I'm not interested in the GT part, but why is RL getting better?
I think it's fair to suggest most coaches take a year or two to get to know the caper. His comments pre and post game are less emotive and he's losing the self-protective or defensive demeanour.

I also think he's a really good match day coach. I'm still concerned about the team enthusiasm but I don't necessarily think that's his domain. On a technical basis I think he's as good as most on game day. But that's just my opinion.
Funny how we see things, reckon he's always been fine in the media, never a fan of giving anything away...I find him a terrible match day coach...
I think match day is actually Lyons strength - not the media performances and frankly ive never given a shyte for the media perfiormances.

Lyon does at least make moves when we are getting beaten something we lacked at times previously - his moves this year to free up Riewioldt, to move Gram, Fishers into the middle along with Goddard in bursts have been excellent. We have improved defensively for sure and have gone backwards in the fwd area - but when you consider weve got an inconsistent Kosi replaing a Coleman medallist in Gehrig you can work out why to a degree.
So why did Gwilt start forward for one?
Replace match day with match ups then, fixing the bad ones you started with is hardly good coaching for me.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

lol - I have come to the conclusion that it is actually me that is the jinx. Had to leave at halftime againts Hawthorn and we have the best half of the year.

Had to leave the Bellarine peninsula at halftime today and we have probably our second best half of the season :D :D

Mabye Ross should text me at halftime if we are down and ask me to leave :D
Think you might be the X factor for sure Joffa ....may'be if you are at the Dome or MCG in the coming weeks and it's tight at Halftime the ground announcer could announce something along the lines of" Joffa boy has left the stadium" so we at least know we have a chance :wink: :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 17 Aug 2008 9:15pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Roo..superstar.

So the players just grew some skills and decision making during halftime?

maybe the coach has been confusing the sh*t out of the players with his pie charts and bell curves so when they get the footy they forget which quadrant of the confidence scale they are in and turn the ball over.

seems more plausible the players decided to throw that out the window and get the red bouncy thing and kick it towards our white sticks as quickly as they could....

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
Roo..superstar.

So the players just grew some skills and decision making during halftime?

maybe the coach has been confusing the sh*t out of the players with his pie charts and bell curves so when they get the footy they forget which quadrant of the confidence scale they are in and turn the ball over.

seems more plausible the players decided to throw that out the window and get the red bouncy thing and kick it towards our white sticks as quickly as they could....
Or maybe the coach finally got some matchups right...

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
yes...low wattage. :P
Much better to be low wattage than being dim! :D

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

maverick wrote: Or maybe the coach finally got some matchups right...
i guess if you throw enough sh*t, somethings gotta stick.

you reckon jimmy gwilt is enjoying spending most of his match day energy running from full forward to full back cos ross hasn't got the stones to give him a position?

I know how Dal feels.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: Much better to be low wattage than being dim! :D
nicely put. :P

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

duckduckduckgoose wrote:you reckon jimmy gwilt is enjoying spending most of his match day energy running from full forward to full back cos ross hasn't got the stones to give him a position?
Where would you play him then, and why?

And who's position would he take?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote: i guess if you throw enough sh*t, somethings gotta stick.
3 times duck and

1 time GOOSE.

Sounds appropriate for you :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

maverick
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:you reckon jimmy gwilt is enjoying spending most of his match day energy running from full forward to full back cos ross hasn't got the stones to give him a position?

3rd tall, lead up hafl forward, he's a good mark over head, presents well and kicks well enough for goal,with the x factor of being able to kick 60 metres, kicking over a flood.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:

Well im not the one being paid half a mil a year, but considering ross wont make a decision until he has got the data back from his focus groups - i'll have a stab at it.
From what ive seen over the last few years- jimmy has shown more up forward than down back.
We are screaming out for an alternate target across half forward, and he could fill the hole left by brett voss and hamill.
He would obviously need work on his leading, but looks like a good kick and safe enough pair of hands.

I know how Dal feels.
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote: i guess if you throw enough sh*t, somethings gotta stick.
3 times duck and

1 time GOOSE.

its witty repartee like that which really makes saintsational a must see.

playing the man, not the ball aint gonna win you a flag joffa.

I know how Dal feels.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

Well im not the one being paid half a mil a year, but considering ross wont make a decision until he has got the data back from his focus groups - i'll have a stab at it.
From what ive seen over the last few years- jimmy has shown more up forward than down back.
We are screaming out for an alternate target across half forward, and he could fill the hole left by brett voss and hamill.
He would obviously need work on his leading, but looks like a good kick and safe enough pair of hands.
Thanks for answering the question TripleDG (and maverick), I just mentally blanked out the sarcastic comments first :wink:

I'll also overlook the fact you thought he should replace Voss and Hamill who aren't actually on the 2008 list, but I get what you're saying :lol:

FWIW I would also play him forward too (imo)

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

i thought aaron was due back in 2 weeks?
dang!

hehe- no my point being since they left noone has stepped up to give roo a hand and we get exploited by decent teams as being very one dimensional.

I know how Dal feels.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
3 times duck and

1 time GOOSE.

its witty repartee like that which really makes saintsational a must see.

playing the man, not the ball aint gonna win you a flag joffa.
but it sure explained your nic eloquently. :lol:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Is there a member out there that thinks BOTH GT and Lyon can coach?
(or can't)?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Thought King was good today....but your the footy guru demanding coaches get sacked.

At least you are consistent on that score.

Well done.

BTW - were we poorly coached today? curious on your views as to where/how and what Ross did wrong.

cheers
King was good.

Find the post where I demand that the coach gets sacked. Not that I wouldn't support it for a better experienced coach. He's still pretty doubtful.

We were obviously coached well today. Every player on the ground was good.

Will it be this way next week? The week after?

You only sing when we're winning...