Nick Dal Santo for Alan Didak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bigcarl wrote:believe me, collingwood would be salivating at the thought of such a trade.

a potential brownlow medallist for a trouble-maker they want to get rid of. why should we do anything to help them?

we've rocks in our heads if we even consider it.
Potential Brownlow my arse!

Aint they all potential Brownlow winners?

Dal hasn't even won a B & F...

At the same age harvs was starting to talk about retirement - Dal is a bum end of story.

If he goes all i'll have to say on the matter is this...

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
well ross obviously rates him. he's ruled out a trade
Oh well - I must be wrong then - If Ross rates him...how could i be so stupid as to question ross's ratings???

GIMME A BREAK!!!!!
in this case he's made a good judgement imo

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:believe me, collingwood would be salivating at the thought of such a trade.

a potential brownlow medallist for a trouble-maker they want to get rid of. why should we do anything to help them?

At the same age harvs was starting to talk about retirement - Dal is a bum end of story.

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.
mate of your 5061000000 posts how many of them actually say anything more than moronic tripe such as "still leading"?

Look again it's the Flash!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.
mate of your 5061000000 posts how many of them actually say anything more than moronic tripe such as "still leading"?
Thats all your 18 posts deserve.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

What exactly has Dal done this year? Nothing to cause shockwaves. Lazy, flashy footballer. I can deal with that, but give himn a paycut and get rid of Milney. Sorry, Milney is MORE consistent. Everyone seriously needs to get over this "charcetr" aspect of football. Carey, Ablett, Lockett, Buckley. Not blokes not for their off-filed personalities, but blokes yoou want beside you on the field. Why even have a club if you'd rather be "nice boys" than winners. Hell, West Coast won a flag with their "personailties", and they now have 2 more than us in our enitre history! I'VE HAD A GUTFULL!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

forget Didak.

GET KERR.

Alongside Hayes, Ball and Dal this midfield would be frightening for some time AND allow us to includes Goddards, Fishers, Grams and others in reserve.

Someone go over just get him will ya?

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Mik
Club Player

TRADE FOR BOTH OF THEM we will be a better side and it would be refreshing, I would love to see us have a crack at them, I would trade X,
Monty, Dal and draft picks to make it happen.

Perhaps X, Monty for Kerr with some swapping of picks in our favour and Dal for Didak (on a cheaper contract if possible) perhaps we could also do OK with draft picks if the Pies like the idea of getting a good character :roll: in the club for external exposure and sweeten the deal for us by taking a not so good character :roll: off their hands.

It will be interesting to see what they want for Didak.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:...It will be interesting to see what they want for Didak.
Round one pick aparently. Wanna cough that up?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:forget Didak.

GET KERR.

Alongside Hayes, Ball and Dal this midfield would be frightening for some time AND allow us to includes Goddards, Fishers, Grams and others in reserve.

Someone go over just get him will ya?
I know we have 2 Fishers playing... But didn't know that BJ and Gram also had brothers :lol:

Must agree though.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.
almost certainly a collingwood troll, plugger, trying to look after his own team's interests. linton street flash; luille street dash?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:...It will be interesting to see what they want for Didak.
Round one pick aparently. Wanna cough that up?
Yup. And trade for some round 1 picks and maybe on trade them...

Given where we are at... all bets are off IMO when it comes to "untouchable" players.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.
almost certainly a collingwood troll, plugger, trying to look after his own team's interests. linton street flash; luille street dash?
Other than urself and ur bum chum plaugger (oh and dal of course) the whole world are collingwood trolls - theyre all coming to get ya!! :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.
Other than urself and ur bum chum plaugger (oh and dal of course) the whole world are collingwood trolls - theyre all coming to get ya!! :roll:
18 posts. not a lot to prove you are a st kilda man. stick around for a couple of months and earn some credibility if you want to be taken seriously.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Just like me...

:o

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

NO NO NO NO AND HELL NO !!!!

What will be next from this club ?
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

a player of didak's calibre definately commands a first round pick although i would not be prepared to offer that as we have stuff all kids coming through at the moment.

i would do it for Dal, but not for a highly rated kid in a draft with depth.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Sam23
SS Life Member

I love how a few of you 'posters' say that a lot want to trade Dal just because of a mid season slump - see it is a lot more than that.

Out of his last 2 years, he's played 5 good games, tops.

I rate a good game, where you try, run hard and work...not if you get a lazy 20 touches out the back of packs.

Nice to read a bit of disscussion without all the abuse though, creeping into the thread now :roll:

Goddard.
your momma
Club Player

i dont care if Didak is a 'P***spot'. i'd want him in our team it sits well with me.

but.......no flippin way are we swapping with Dal.
hes having an off-season.
that is all.
get it thru your heads

im sure Dal would beg to differ.

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Sam23 wrote:I rate a good game, where you try, run hard and work...not if you get a lazy 20 touches out the back of packs.
I believe the correct phrase that you're looking for is referred to as a "Bowden"

8-)

Gilbert=Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:no f****** way would i trade dal for didak ffs
dal is so much better then didak will ever be ITS ONE BAD YEAR PEOPLE!
OM FG, you said something of value.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It must be a ... wait... no, its still not of value.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

it amazes me there has been 5 pages about this topic

absolutely not, ridiculous to even consider it

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ROFL

dal santo is criticised for being a soft frontrunner by some here, and then they want Dudak.

Dudak is one of hte biggest front running players who goes missing when the heat is on.

folks are bagging dal for ONLY 3 tackles per game, dudak isn't even averaging 2.

and if he chases his player once per game, thats a suprise to the system.

if folks wants an improved player for dal in dudak, he's joking/

even milne returns more goals per game than dudak.

i'd suggest milne > dudak as a small/medium forward.

dudak a 15 possession a game, soft touch forward who goes missing when the heat is on, who gets about 1 1/2 goals per game running on the spot in the collingwood forward line.

even stephen milne has laid almost as many effective tackles as Dudak in his career, and scored at a better rate than dudak in goals per game.

anyone who thinks dudak is more valuable than Dal Santo is a moron,

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:ROFL

dal santo is criticised for being a soft frontrunner by some here, and then they want Dudak.

Dudak is one of hte biggest front running players who goes missing when the heat is on.

folks are bagging dal for ONLY 3 tackles per game, dudak isn't even averaging 2.

and if he chases his player once per game, thats a suprise to the system.

if folks wants an improved player for dal in dudak, he's joking/

even milne returns more goals per game than dudak.

i'd suggest milne > dudak as a small/medium forward.

dudak a 15 possession a game, soft touch forward who goes missing when the heat is on, who gets about 1 1/2 goals per game running on the spot in the collingwood forward line.

even stephen milne has laid almost as many effective tackles as Dudak in his career, and scored at a better rate than dudak in goals per game.

So, do we trade Dal for Milne? I'm confused now. :shock:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:dudak a 15 possession a game, soft touch forward who goes missing when the heat is on, who gets about 1 1/2 goals per game running on the spot in the collingwood forward line.

Hate to break it to you but Didak is averaging 23 possessions a game this year.

He has a different role at Colingwood compared to what Milne has at St Kilda. When both get placed in the middle, I know who hits the target better out of Milne or Didak, and it aint the little bee in the bottle.

I tell you what Didak does better than Dal Santo, and that's run the lines and run harder to a contest.

Still, at least you're consistent with your condemnation of "bad boys" in football, Mr Morals

:roll:

Let's keep hero-worshipping our mediocre players down at Moorabbin.

If it means cutting "heroes" loose to better our playing list and get game-breakers with match-winning ability then I am all for it.

AFAIAC the only untouchables down there are Roo, Hayes, Ball, Goddard and Sam Fisher.

The rest should be up for trade. Either for other players who can improve our list or for early draft picks.

Time to get tough at this football club!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Haven't weighed in on this to this point, because I think the idea is more interesting that a lot of the responses warrant.

IMO, when both players are 100%, Nick Dal Santo is the better player. The discussion is interesting mainly because Dal isn't fit, and before he had any excuse he was having a poor year by his standard. Between doubts about Dal's ability to return to form, and Didak's character, they are comparable (similar strengths and age), and so if the Saints decided they were willing, it wouldn't be a preposterous trade.

When they get uncontested possessions, they're both great kicks of the football. There aren't too many people around better at pinpointing an option inside 50 than Dal, Didak is one of them.

The differences come in how they go about getting their possessions. For all the bandwidth on ss about Dal being an outside player, throughout his history, he's won a lot of his posessions in contested situations (one of his weaknesses is that he's not able to hurt the opposition enough by being a linkup running outside player) - he's not an in and under, but he's often the guy who recieves it from the in and under and then has to get loose. He lacks the spectacular breakaway pace of the Judd's and Ablett's, but basically until this year, was able to get ball to boot as accurately as if he had broken free... with Collingwood being very good in the in and under dept, Dal would compliment their centre square mids very very well.

Didak wins his posessions more in the manner that this board talks of Dal's (linkup on the outside), with the exception of in the forward line - he's a much, much better mark than Nick Dal Santo (improving this area of Dal's game would have as big an impact as better gut running... he could move to FF to shake taggers by being a marking target). Didak's faster outside traffic, but less sneaky inside.

Didak would quite possibly fit the way Ross Lyon has wanted to use Dal better than Dal does. That's what makes it interesting.

For mine, this whole debate hinges on whether you think Dal will get back to 100%. Nick Dal Santo has more runs on the board than Alan Didak, but Didak has the more recent form. On '08 alone, Didak's the better player. Across their careers, Nick Dal Santo is. At a year younger, I'd rather the devil I know.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SaintWodonga
Club Player

No thanks... Our trades need to be for draft picks, we have more than enough recycled players!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM