Justin Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:He'll come good. We would be foolish to trade him.

i have heard this for 5 years now.a few weeks ago i said he was a muppet and was howled down. the usual people who reckon ross lyon is a supercoach and all saints are champs.

i would want a lot for him though. a first rounder. dids or kerr.

St Igmata
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

i have heard this for 5 years now.a few weeks ago i said he was a muppet and was howled down. the usual people who reckon ross lyon is a supercoach and all saints are champs.

You might want that but you wouldn't get it.

redwhiteblackjen

EVERYBODY IS MISSING THE POINT ESPECIALLY ST BERN &SHAKE

ST KILDA IS NOT UP TO IT! THAT INCLUDES THE CLUB , THE PLAYERS, AND ALL STAFF!

UNFORTUNATELY FOR JUSTIN K HE HAS BEEN TARNISHED WITH THE RED WHITE AND BLACK MEDIOCRACY BRUSH. HE WOULD WIN A BROWNLOW AT GEELONG.

pS I HAVE FOLLOWED AND SUPPORTED THE SAINTS ALL MY LIFE.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Such a muppet but you want the world for him :?

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote: To try and drag it back... I'm curious what Matthews would do with Kosi. He's gotten pretty good results out of Clark who has similar weaknesses (leading, endurance) and isn't as good in the strengths (probably a slightly better wrestler, mainly because he gets better position). Kosi isn't a leading forward and isn't going to be... I still look at those strengths though and think that he could be made to look really good, and in doing so actually be a credit to the guy coaching him (which is how I view Clark)... not saying I blame his performances on Ross (beyond being in the Saints forward line, which I think is a great way to look bad if your name isn't Nick Rewoldt), but add a leading forward and employ Kosi as a utility, and Kosi will win more fans while actually having less responsibility.

thanks again for the summation of the way Brisbane use Brown and Bradshaw. Being an armchair observer is pretty limited isn't it because you just don't see the scope of the tactics that are going on all over the ground.
Agree with you that Milney is not going to turn into a mid. Wish he could, but his bread and butter is a crumbing forward and I reckon he earns his spot, even though I know he has many detractors on here.
What would Matthews do with Kosi? I reckon for a start Matthews would put a high powered rocket up the whole team, not just Kosi. I'm not convinced though that he would make Kosi a better player. He's had plenty of opportunities already in that utility role and he hasn't really grasped it by the scruff of the neck. My view is that Kosi is simply not as good as we thought he would be. He gave us all a warm glow when he had his purple patch and in his first year, but apart from that he's really done bugger all. Talent is one thing, using it is another and I reckon Kosi doesn't actually have what it takes to be a consistent top line player.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a better coach would make Kosi a star.

At this stage I think Kosi is by and large a 2nd rate ruckman (this is the area where I still feel he's got "potential", as AFL ruck taps seem to be one of the hardest to lear skills, but he needs to improve his leap if he's to ever to be a 1st string ruck. His around the ground big midfielder work is good), and a 2nd tier tall forward (leading is the primary attribute of a good key forward IMO, and it's a flat out weakness meaning every possession he wins ends up being in a contest - impressive, but from a forward, the total is more important than the how)... While it's possible he can turn these things around, and saying 2nd rate doesn't mean useless, it's not going to be coaching that takes him from where he is now to the potential we used to see.

BUT

With the skills he does have - pack crashing mark, Very good at ground level for a bigman, good foot and hand skills, I suspect that he could be made to look like a star. I hope the difference makes sense. I see him as a GOP with a couple of skills that could be gamebreaking, not as a gamebreaker himself.

To pain a picture, before getting injured in '04, Kosi was used in a troubleshooting manner. Had me (and many others i'm sure) very excited about what might happen when he found a position. If we were struggling to get a mark inside 50, he was in the forward line (very tough 3rd forward to match up on), if we were seeing the ball getting stuck at CHB, he'd join the backline, and if we were losing the midfield battle, he went to the ruck (keeping in mind that the importance of rucktaps has changed since '04 - in '04 we didn't do that well in this area but were at the top of clearances). Kosi's great in contests, but unable to have a lot of impact outside of them - so get him to the contest.

It's similar to how Matthews uses Clark - primarily as a forward, but if he needs another marking target around the ground, Clark is it (Brennan's not a bad example either. Not a forward, backliner or mid... but has attributes that can make him dominant in any of the 3 places at the right time). Hence my comparison. When Bradshaw retires, IMO Clark will not be an option as second forward (and Brennan would be wasted there). Similarly we're finding that where we need a 2nd leading forward, it just isn't Kosi.

I still expect that at some stage over the remainder of his career (whetehr at St Kilda or elsewhere), there's going to be a year where Kosi looks like a superstar. At this stage, unless he vastly improves either his leaps in the ruck, or his leading, I'll be quietly thinking that when it happens it's a credit to his coach rather than him truly being a star (think Blake's '08 season scaled to Kosi's skillset).

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Why is Center Half Back such a death zone for anyone with talent at St Kilda.

We simply refuse to put Riewoldt there or Koschitzke.

Roo should stay CHF....But always in the past, swinging him to CHB for a quarter would seriously transpose the momentum of some games....

Kos should be CHB....Let him dominate, let him run through the ball......Let the bloke dictate the game from one of the forgotten most important positions on the ground.......Because he aint doing much anywhere else.

starsign
Club Player

Kosi trained the house down this afternoon.

During simulated match practice he dropped 3 easy marks, missed about 4 shots at goal and failed to hit a teammate from 20 metres twice.

The reason he plays so badly is that he trains so badly.

He really is lazy and appears not to care.

someone posted earlier that Aussie Jones stated that Kozi plays like he TRAINS....now Aussie would KNOW!

and i posted earlier in the thread....

If what Aussie said is true(and it would appear he is hopelessly down on fitness) then Kozi needs a real big wake up call with the threat of being traded
He must be on really good money, and for a highly paid professional not to WORK hard ie TRAIN and ensure he is in peak condition to play as well as he can each week is totally unacceptable

The only other possibility that comes to mind , maybe he is carrying an injury, in which case its been with him for quite a while
Then its the Clubs fault for continuing to put him out on the park

Much as I hate the idea , he is becoming more Tradeable as weeks go by!

Maybe CHB , make a go of it there or your off!

and I'm really starting to accept the idea now that Koz just hasn't the greatest footy smarts as well as many others!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Well after a week in the slaughter house, I really think Kosi had a decent game today...

Sure, he didnt dominate, but he was damn useful.... He battled hard, all day, did some great things and worked hard when not in possesion...

I recon he gets the rough end of the stick from many supportes on here, and way to much is expected of him... A decent game today, and no word, but a quite one next week, and we must get rid of him asap... :roll:

well done kosi, keep of battling your guts out....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

good call battye

He is a must if we are to have any success ......

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!