Footy Confidential

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I don't know if Caro writes Fact,Fiction or Faction,but whatever the case , her articles are normally well written......

It doesn't bother me if no one likes her , i'd still give her one.......

I wonder if she's as hirsute as Gary Lyon....

:lol:
If you believe it, it's not a lie.

I don't think she lies pursay, but that doesn't mean she isn't mis-informed or easily deceived or even delusional.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Yes, JB...I'm rattled :oops:

Your comment was obviously taken out of context.

I've been a very naughty boy, and will go to bed without any supper.

You are the masterdebater!

Need I remind you this is the post you made in reply to my point on finding a replacement.

Need I remind you of the replies you made to my 1st post?

You, see, that's the difference between you and me...

If I make a boo boo, I fess up and apologize.

You think you can say anything you want, and when some one makes a reply, you either ignore it, or pick another comment altogether.

If I'm a hypocrite, then you're a pompous pryck, my friend.

One final time... just for you... You made it personal after my first post.
Got it?

Respect < 0 at this stage.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rexy
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:The onus of proof is the person on the receiving end of such an accusation?

Interesting.

IMO if Caro's going to be calling someone a liar then the obligation is on her to prove what she's saying.

As I said earlier, GT was very specific about where, when & who was there. Shouldn't be too hard for her to get a quote from one of those people where they discredit GT's account. I'm sure she'd at least still have Rod's number.

If find it incredible that her like many here can turn this into a GT issue.

Rod was the one that put this issue into the press.

Rod was the one that ultimately sacked Blight.

Rod was the one that loaned a million bucks to a bloke only days after the Blight sacking and then gave him the job as coach.

Rod was the one that later sacked that coach and within days had legal action instigated to get his money back.

Rod was the one that over-compensated that coach and offered the $100K hush money (which my guess was done without approval of the board).

Rod has brought nothing than ridicule to this club.

Despite all that, some choose to blame GT for every bit of bad press this club gets. Including Caro.

It's staggering the hate a bloke that turned us from a rabble to a respected opponent can generate.

Staggering.

He might be a prick but at least he was doing his job!
Good post, all true IMO.

Maybe this year?
JeffDunne

Caro admitted herself that she fabricates where she doesn't have facts.

The last time she went head to head to with GT after he called her a liar, in her defence she said, and I quote, "of course you guess when people won't answer your questions".

Caro says something anti-St Kilda and she's called some of the most disgraceful comments you could read about an opinion writer. She makes one anti-GT comment and all of a sudden she's unbiased and completely fair to St Kilda. The hypocisy by some in this thread is staggering.

Last night I heard Robert Walls call the St Kilda FC, and I quote again, "a pathetic football club with a pathetic culture".

Not on word on Saintsational.

JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:Yes, JB...I'm rattled :oops:
Why do you call me JB?

There's no B in Dunne. :?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Coz, I'm rattled! JD :wink:

Now, I agree with most on the post that Rexy just quoted you on.

The comment was made about GT's answers when it was put to him on SEN. Ok?

The speculation has arisen about what he knew and if he was telling the truth. This is a byproduct of the thread topic.

I personally don't see how anything I've said (and others) somehow absoves Butters, and puts the blame on GT.

That's where I get cranky.

If others have done just that, then by all means have a go at them.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:If I make a boo boo, I fess up and apologize.
You did?

Anyhow, if you've been here more than 5 minutes you would know I too will admit when I'm wrong.
If I'm a hypocrite, then you're a pompous pryck, my friend.
Sorry, I don't see the correlation.
One final time... just for you... You made it personal after my first post.
Got it?
That's usually happens when you take an unprovoked shot at someone - they reply in kind.

I could quote that moronic sexist line you used earlier but I won't.
Respect < 0 at this stage.
lol

Let's hope we keep it that way mate.

FFS, it's a bloody football forum and you're worried about respect? :lol:

rexy
SS Life Member

When was the last time a StKilda footballer was disciplined over any kind of serious, or not serious incident. FG had an off season blue in the pub with some very high profile Brisbane players, but other than that I dont remember anything.

Like it or not GT was a massive part of changing the culture of this footy club.

Walls you are a tool, Like all Carlton people you are completely disgusted by the fact that the flag doesnt stay in the right end of town any more, imagine the dogs or saints being competitive? Life was better for you silver spoon tossers when you could buy 2 flags a decade wasnt it.

Maybe this year?
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Not really :wink:

Like I said... I wear my smartass badge with pride.

Cheers :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Again I ask Andrew, if you believe what you post then why is GT the focus of your hate campaign and not the president you lobbied to keep in the job?
I do NOT hate Grant, don't now why you'd think such a thing.

Truth be known, I actually like him, I just don't agree with some of the things that he's done and for that matter I don't agree with some of the things that I have done.

I did NOT lobby for Butterss to remain as president, although I would lobby for anyone who would declare that they intend to build St.kilda's state of the art training facility in either St.Kilda or Sandringham and not in the god forsaken backblocks of Frankston, FAIR DINKUM.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:I personally don't see how anything I've said (and others) somehow absoves Butters, and puts the blame on GT.
You haven't been reading Saintsational closely enough.

There is only one person that should be drawing criticism from the weekend's events and that's the idiot that brought it back up.

Friday the club announce the GT issues have been finally put to bed.

Everyone’s happy, it hardly rates a mention in the press. The consensus opinion in the footy world – good, St Kilda can finally move on.

Then Saturday comes and there's a full-page story in the Sun digging it all up again.

Blight’s reply was the icing on the cake.

The footy world then has another angle on the sorry saga to give it legs again.

Monday morning, Pat Smith doesn’t have a problem with Rod’s naïve comment and then makes GT the topic of conversation.

Caro makes GT the topic of conversation.

The Saintsational GT-hate machine kicks into gear and we have another round of GT rumour and innuendo.

It’s pathetic, it’s tiresome, but worst of all, it’s exactly what the rest of the footy world want to see happen. St Kilda kicking St Kilda.

I mean FFS, the guy who came out with the “we would have sacked him even if we won a flagâ€

JeffDunne

barks4eva wrote:I do NOT hate Grant, don't now why you'd think such a thing.
I just threw it out there from left field.
Truth be known, I actually like him, I just don't agree with some of the things that he's done and for that matter I don't agree with some of the things that I have done.
That's probably one the few honest posts you've made on the topic in some time.
I did NOT lobby for Butterss to remain as president,
You supported him as president and ridiculed those that suggest his time was up.

Sort of a yin and yang post from you Andrew, the bulls*** perfectly balancing the truth.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Well put JD.

Sums it up 100%.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:You gotta love some of the people that inhabit this place.

Caro says something you disagree with and she's an ugly whore.

Caro says something you agree with and "she's on the money", it's gospel.

I reckon some here would judge Osama bin Laden's threat to the West based on his thoughts on GT. :roll:
I dont think its got anything to do with Caro.....more NO ONE with HALF A BRAIN believes the head of the footy Dept at the time didnt know the senior coach was gonna be boned and that he was in line for the top job...

No one who who doesnt want to believe that is......

“Yeah….nah””
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="JeffDunne"]You haven't been reading Saintsational closely enough.

There is only one person that should be drawing criticism from the weekend's events and that's the idiot that brought it back up.

Friday the club announce the GT issues have been finally put to bed.

Everyone’s happy, it hardly rates a mention in the press. The consensus opinion in the footy world – good, St Kilda can finally move on.

Then Saturday comes and there's a full-page story in the Sun digging it all up again.

Blight’s reply was the icing on the cake.

The footy world then has another angle on the sorry saga to give it legs again.

Monday morning, Pat Smith doesn’t have a problem with Rod’s naïve comment and then makes GT the topic of conversation.

Caro makes GT the topic of conversation.

The Saintsational GT-hate machine kicks into gear and we have another round of GT rumour and innuendo.

It’s pathetic, it’s tiresome, but worst of all, it’s exactly what the rest of the footy world want to see happen. St Kilda kicking St Kilda.

I mean FFS, the guy who came out with the “we would have sacked him even if we won a flagâ€

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
I do NOT hate Grant, don't now why you'd think such a thing.

So what transpired between 2005 and the court case recently to change things?

Did you find out that you were wrong about many things?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Last night I heard Robert Walls call the St Kilda FC, and I quote again, "a pathetic football club with a pathetic culture".

Not on word on Saintsational.
...yeah i heard the turd.....and thought at the time that his true colours were coming out.........hope st kilda now realise what an arsehole the guy is and we won't hear about them calling the pr!ck in as a consultant in the future.....

.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

1: Rodger, B4E said that he didn't agree with some of what GT has done... nor what he's done. I guess that's his way of saying he was wrong. So let's not embarrass him in public.

2: Teflon, interesting point you raise about this. Once the decision was made to cut MB, surely the board would have had a contingency plan for someone to take over... In this case it was GT.

To announce it all at one dinner is astounding - almost coup like.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

When some suggested it was Butterss who sacked Thomas, many on hee went beserk.

"Don't you know how corporate governance works you fool?"

"The whole Board must sign off on it you moron"

"Don't you know how Boards work you ignoramus??! The President can't make these decisions on his own you idiot"

But now, we're being told that the Blight hiring & firing, and the hiring of GT was the work of the President and the footy director alone?

It doesn't add up.

If the Board had to all agree and sign off on Thomas being sacked, why didn't the whole Board have to agree and sign off on the hiring of Blight? And the firing of Blight? And the hiring of Thomas?

Saints43
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:To announce it all at one dinner is astounding - almost coup like.
The more that comes out about the management at St Kilda from 2001 to 2007 the more astounding it gets.

I believe we moved light years ahead of where we started in that six years - made mistakes and have had the opportunity learn a million lessons.

That we moved so far is the astounding thing to me. A multi-million dollar business run by the seat of it's pants. And for the most part - onwards and upwards.

In all honesty we have a lot to thank all of those people for.

There are clubs who'd love our problems.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I want to know who the f**k paid for dinner for our Board at the Flower Drum?

It better not have been at the club's expense.

JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:2: Teflon, interesting point you raise about this. Once the decision was made to cut MB, surely the board would have had a contingency plan for someone to take over... In this case it was GT.

To announce it all at one dinner is astounding - almost coup like.
That is ridiculous and it's not what he said.

He was told at the meeting what the others were feeling. GT like the others already had serious reservations about how MB was doing his job, but he was called to the meeting because others had already discussed getting rid of him.

I'm sure the options for a replacement would have been very much part of the discussion.

As was the case 12 months earlier when Timmy wanted to walk, there were people in the admin that felt Thomas could do the job.

If GT was plotting to take over the job, and RB was fully in support of this plan, why on earth would the two spend so much time, energy & money going after Blight? It doesn't make sense.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Not sure where you pulled that from JD. I have never inferred that it was a plot by GT to take over.

I did not hear what GT said on SEN, only going by what I've read here. The inital info was that he was told at the last minute about the sacking.

If it was put to him at the dinner that they had decided to let MB go, and asked GT to take over, then fair enough.

I'm not witch-hunting GT. I'd just like the facts to come out.

It would make for an interesting read, tho.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

RB

I was at the Best and Fairest Dinner, shortly after GT was canned.
At the beginning RB had a half hour speech about himself and explaining why GT was not there at the dinner. He explained that GT was welcome and was invited to have a speech but GT had insisted on spaking at the beginning of the night for some time (something that RB actually did).
I always thought RB was a pompous ass, wondered who stole his sideburns and queried his honesty, both about that night and previous dealings.
More than anyone, i suspect RB was in it for his ego, and his tasteless departure, thrteatening legal action, tho not carrying it out, shows this. Many people love/hate our current and ex coach. Who admires RB?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

TBH, I reckong GT got a better than fair hearing when he got sacked in the media.

I have never seen a joint Pres / ex coach meeting like they had.

I don't believe it was his place to nominate when he spoke at the B&F.

He was sacked. Simple. He was able to address the players privately.

Both egos. Both gone.