Worth $600,000?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:Spinner, i would suggest on average every player would have about the same set-shot to on-the-run-shot ratio, so i doubt the ratios will change much

i'm not saying he's a fantastic shot for goal, but he is no means a bad one, he is on par with most forwards in the game

just because Franklin and Fev can bomb a few from 55 and get on the highlight reel, doesn't mean they are a better shot for goal, as the stats show
To suggest that Riewoldt is a good kick in compared to other forwards in the game is ludicrous.
No, it just requires you to actually pay attention to what the forwards on other teams actually do, and not what Tim Lane raves about them.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:Spinner, i would suggest on average every player would have about the same set-shot to on-the-run-shot ratio, so i doubt the ratios will change much

i'm not saying he's a fantastic shot for goal, but he is no means a bad one, he is on par with most forwards in the game

just because Franklin and Fev can bomb a few from 55 and get on the highlight reel, doesn't mean they are a better shot for goal, as the stats show
To suggest that Riewoldt is a good kick in compared to other forwards in the game is ludicrous.
No, it just requires you to actually pay attention to what the forwards on other teams actually do, and not what Tim Lane raves about them.
I actually make my own mind up by going to games.

Not by watching on TV and listening to some commentator, like what you have suggested.

All forwards will miss, and the fact that most other forwards mentioned have lower accuracies, probably also comes down to the fact that they have the confidence to pretty much shoot from an entire 55m radius.

Its pretty easy to have a high efficiency when a) Most of your shots fail to make the distance/go out on the full and b) when they are directly in front within 20m. Its a pretty logical explanation.

S.A Saint
Club Player

This thread is not going anywhere without any real facts. But all i can say is that Roo is not a bad kick for goal, actually quite good. However the other players that are mentions are slightly better kicks for goal than Roo is currently.

What Roo doesn't make up in goals kicked he makes up with his leads and assists. If i had to chose a player that would have a set shot for goal from anywhere it would be Fev. He is simply the best and most smoothest kick. i know that i dont have any stats that back this up but when you just watch them all play, you know that pav, fev, buddy and brown will kick the goal more often than not.

However this cant be said for Roo, he is a good kick but at times unreliable.