St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:i think they will lose members
one of my teachers (saints fan) has been a member since the 90's, and he told me that he believes times have changed, the club doesnt care about the fans any more, we mean nothing to them, and he is going to be an AFL member next year, and not saints.
good luck to him. if he thinks the afl care any more about their members he fair dinkum is no wiser than yourself yound doolz

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

CHrist on a bike,,WHY WHY WHY would we lose members because we train in Frankston instead of Moorabbin???

I reckon most Saints fans have a bit more common sense than is being shown by a few people on here at the moment.

Its ok Barks...we've worked you out. Westaway was always gonna be under the pump with you, because he overthrew your hero..the man who sacked the coach you have almost a pathalogical hatred for.

Answer me this then....if RB was still in charge and HE relocated our training base to Frankston oe Cranbourne..would you find it easier to deal with because it was RB, your hero, who did it?????

You DO realise that Rod probably laid the groundwork for this move dont you??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The loss of a small number of members will be offset by the gain of members from Frankston.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am fairly sure that AFL members that nominate the club they choose to support means that the club get the full benefit in any case, so the money goes to the club anyway

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I am fairly sure that AFL members that nominate the club they choose to support means that the club get the full benefit in any case, so the money goes to the club anyway
Correct (I am one).

They walk amongst us...

jill
Club Player

I've been a member since the late 1950's [a youngster then] , have seen many changes & survived them all . Think this is a great move for the CLUB! The last thing we need is another board challenge.
GO SAINTERS 2008!!!!
ps I cried my heart out when we left St.Kilda - ended up loving Moorabbin and even Waverley after the heartbreaking shift there. Now enjoy Docklands - especially being with the passionate Saint Supporters near Bay 35 Moorabbin Wing.
It really doesn't matter WHERE they train - the Club needs decent facilities for the Players!

HarveysDeciple

If we lose members because we move to Frankston then those people who jump off are a disgrace.

Boo hoo, ya gotta travel 20 minutes further to training.

Talk to Launcestonsaint who buys a membership every year despite living in a stat where we never play.

Think about those who travel from Lakes Entrance taking 4 hours to get there.

They'll still sign up.

If one single person wont buy a membership because they either oppose the move or have an issue with distance then good riddance, once less fan we need.

claystreet
Club Player

Watched them play at he Junction oval used to sneak in as a kid through a hole in the fence, we were able to throw cut up newspaper and dunny roles back then. Walked all the way from Elwood to Moorabbin every home game to watch them play then as an adult lived behind the ground at Moorabbin for many yrs. Was slightly upset they moved to Waverly for games then got over it quik, didnt care that they then moved to the dome for their games still supported them with a passion.

If you jump off the Saints because they move their training facility from the shyt hole at moorabbin to an elite facility at Frankston you are a bloody disgrace and not deserving to follow the club so good ridence to the teacher and anyone else wants to jump off the team your not true Sainters so GTFO go follow the filth and bow your heads in shame your not wanted by our club or its supporters

:twisted:

my les foote
Club Player

I'm with you barks.

I don't mind travelling 16,340km to see the Saints train but 16,360km is out of the question.

Where do I sign?

ALL THE WAY WITH SFA!

Win it for HIM!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:The loss of a small number of members will be offset by the gain of members from Frankston.
Exactly! No wonder our boys have a hard time trying to think they are potential champions when they are surrounded by a dilapidated Moorabbin! I think the move is a timely one.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
buzfromgronggrong

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: just what are tee totallers???

To suggest that our new board needs more substance and to post a call for 100 signatures to your cause is a joke.
tea totaller's.....if you need a further explanation, please get back to me

that would be substances, as what I wrote earlier

you know, the beatle's had a bit of assisstance on Sgt. Peppers

just not sure about Family First's vision for the future that's all

anyway looks like St.Kilda are moving to moccasin land, regardless

so just be happy with that

and besides things seemed to have stalled with 91 sigs still required

carry on :wink:
It's so sad and pathetic to see that you still consider yourself to be part of the st kilda community Jerkshispuddconstanlty4eva.

Yeah St Kilda that Mecca of graphic designers, IT bores, advertising execs and architects really is the most marketable suburb in Melbourne - "it's such a foodies paradise" - give me a break you try hard tool!

Fact is Barks - the vast majority of St Kilda residents look at you and your dandruff speckled, black shirted "we've been here since day dot" pointy shoe, brigade as sad relics of a time that most never witnessed and those that did would rather forget - you and your lot are about as defunct as the spoons with holes at the old st kilda caff on fitzroy street or a junky at the Mandalay.

FFS you and your 3 or 4 mates with whom you share your smelly Jackson street boarding house havent been a part of the "real" st kilda since the closing of the ballroom in the mid 80's.

Yeah perhaps the club should consider spending the 10 million on a couple of three bedroom flats on the esplanade - they might even have enough change to set up the social club in the dank and dingy hallway of your rancid old mens boarding house - how bohemian!

Mate when they moved the centrelink from fitzroy street they were hoping that you and your lot would leave the suburb once and for all - the fact that your still hanging around and pretending you belong is just further proof of what a sad and deluded try hard you are.

Here's my challenge to you barks - the next time your walking down Fitzroy street stop for a moment and look into a window of one of the many latte emporiums and concentrate for a moment on your reflection - (ignore the beery fog that wafts through your head) and focus on what your seeing in reality as opposed to what your imagining in your head -

Now look at the picture that surrounds your relection and meditate on how sad and alienated the near-geriatric goon in the cheap black shirt and peroxide hair looks surrounded by the solarium seared, sea-bathed, sunday brunch latte set in his 'Village atmosphere arts precinct' -

Now here's the challennge - try IF YOU CAN to imagine that you are a PART OF ALL OF THIS - that you ACTUALLY BELONG - That the people that surround you arent looking at you with either MILD AMUSEMENT or TOTAL DISDAIN - I bet you can't- It surely is not possible.

It isn't is it Barks - think about it??

Do you get my point? - dont answer right now - go outside and take the challenge!

Oh the sadness of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON FRANKSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by buzfromgronggrong on Thu 22 Nov 2007 10:13am, edited 1 time in total.

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>the terrible decision to leave the Junction Oval in the first place

Have you read up on our history and the extremely harsh financial restrictions placed upon us by the Cricket Club in the 60s? Let’s go back to that! And defy heritage laws and pull down listed grandstands so we can build a rendered Aegean-influenced palace for ourselves

>>>>>> It's so sad and pathetic to see that you still consider yourself to be part of the st kilda community Jerkshispuddconstanlty4eva.

Hey Buzz, count me in for that “Secret Life of Usâ€

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Ok, the SFA ticket is clearly gaining momentum. With only 91 sigs required, I think it's probably time to outline our 'policies' and plans once we're in power.

GrumpyOne

Consider this a disgustingly rude and an offensive remark designed to get this ridiculous and pathetic thread organised by the most pitifull knobjockey of all time locked, stocked, and barrelled to the darkest corner of the SS forum.

Had enough of this pathetic lot of self-aggrandising crap.

The dog turd on my naturestrip deserves more respect than a board challenge based on our relocation to Frankston.

FAIR DINKUM! :x :x :x

asiu

Ok, the SFA ticket is clearly gaining momentum. With only 91 sigs required, I think it's probably time to outline our 'policies' and plans once we're in power.
luv to hear yr plans and policies ....but what about the illuminazi's behind the scenes ?

from yr spiritual leader
two more silent apostles have joined me on the crusade

who are these all seeing , all knowing king makers ?

yipper
SS Life Member

It's an unbelievable debate really - I love Moorabbin as much as anyone else who was regular there through the decades.

But moving our training to Frankston (and that is what we are doing) means that going to training will be more difficult for those that live in other areas - like us. But, you can bet your bottom dollar plenty of bayside residents will embrace the club and attend training in our place. Last time I checked - we still play footy at TD in Melbourne and the G'. And I am certain that us, the diehards from Lakes Entrance, the Albury / wodonga crowd, Ballarat and Shepparton mob will continue to go and watch our boys strut there stuff after driving hours!!. And we will continue to support our club and buy memberships every year. And we will be comforted in the fact that our club from 2010 onwards will be training in the most outstanding training centre of any AFL club in Melbourne. Reckon our membership will almost certainly get to the 40000k mark with all the peninsula now on-board as passionate Sainters.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
buzfromgronggrong

Brilliant stuff osama!

As they say down at the sea baths - "a life of good karma to my good friend Osama!..."

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Consider this a disgustingly rude and an offensive remark designed to get this ridiculous and pathetic thread organised by the most pitifull knobjockey of all time locked, stocked, and barrelled to the darkest corner of the SS forum.

Had enough of this pathetic lot of self-aggrandising crap.

The dog turd on my naturestrip deserves more respect than a board challenge based on our relocation to Frankston.

FAIR DINKUM! :x :x :x
mate he is nothing more than an attention seeking whore and a drama queen who wouldn't travel to Moorabbin to watch the players train if he was given a free metcard :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

IMO if we succeed on field the fans and memberships will come.

we suffered when we moved to waverley, yet 91 and 92 the crowds game.

same with 97/98.

we suffered when we moved to TD, couldn't get money, sponsors, members, bums on seats, we lost thousands of members.

04/05/06 even 07, they came.

if we fail on field, you will see 09 our membership plummet, its going to be a reality

if we succeed on field, we'll be crying that there isn't enough tickets to the GF for the members and thats a reality.

IMO if we are 9:2 when the half way point and cut off for memberships occurs, even 8:3, they will come.

if its 2:9, expect a poor response from members/fans.

the clubs made the call, its now up to RL and the boys to perform.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Ok, the SFA ticket is clearly gaining momentum. With only 91 sigs required, I think it's probably time to outline our 'policies' and plans once we're in power.
1)We will spend more than Westaway
2) We will reintroduce drugs and alochol as part of the culture - especially at board level.
3) Steve Bedwell to write our media speeches
4) Rod Butterss to be our patron Saints
5) Ex Communication for all who oppose us.
6) Relocate the training facility to the bottom bar of the Espy.

Thats just the beginning.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:Barks, count me in.

Riccardo, get a sense of humour.
I'd be happy to laugh if it were funny.

At this point, this crap is just sad and its much sadder that you are encouraging him. :roll:

yep....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Any news on SFA's members sticker policy?

I won't give them a poxy until this is in the public realm. ♠

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I reckon we might get a thousand new members out of this over the next couple of years, and quite a few once we are actually based there.
more than that i would think......3 to 4 thousand over a couple of years with the right promotion...and if we lose one or two from hawthorn.......thank the lord......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:I reckon we might get a thousand new members out of this over the next couple of years, and quite a few once we are actually based there.
more than that i would think......3 to 4 thousand over a couple of years with the right promotion...and if we lose one or two from hawthorn.......thank the lord......
HAHA

That wouldn't be "rentboy" would it?

If so that would be a real bonus 8-)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Ok, the SFA ticket is clearly gaining momentum. With only 91 sigs required, I think it's probably time to outline our 'policies' and plans once we're in power.
1)We will spend more than Westaway
2) We will reintroduce drugs and alochol as part of the culture - especially at board level.
3) Steve Bedwell to write our media speeches
4) Rod Butterss to be our patron Saints
5) Ex Communication for all who oppose us.
6) Relocate the training facility to the bottom bar of the Espy.

Thats just the beginning.
I'd like a gold statue of Rob Butterss erected in Hawthorn somewhere.

A club funded smear campaign against Grant Thomas. He must go down!!

Michael Rix to be made captain.

B4Eva to be president. He's resourceful (had no trouble finding ruck stats), persistent (stalked GT very well) and a polished media performer (his appearances on SEN were breathtaking).

I also want Greg Westway hog tied and floated down the Yarra.

This is a ticket with substance!!