Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week

Then they might play through him more
…that’s fantastic!!

He gets picked in the team, but players have a really good excuse in your eyes not to pass the footy. By the way…I am only pointing out what was clear to the experts on Footy Classified. Are you disagreeing with Ross the Boss?

Jesus fkn C! Twenty five years from now we’ll be hoping we can have a culture of on field leaders who value each and every player and dish off to the guy with Red White and Black jumper, who has made space and is in the best position to create a scoring opportunity….

No matter what the fk happened in a game last year or during some fkn game 2 or 3 years ago
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 13 May 2022 4:52pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 1:34pm Scollop, Greene started the game in the middle then went forward and was picked up by Paton. With 19:10 left in the first Qtr, the camera pans on to Greene with Paton.

With 18:30 to go in the first Qtr against GCS, Paton is seen jogging back to the goal square with Rankine. Long appears to have picked up Holman at the beginning of that match.

It appears Long did play back but I think for his pressure and tackling. I agree if he can be used more by his team mates and create the transition from D50 to F50, especially now Hill is not playing HBF, he'll be invaluable and close to undroppable if he's hitting his targets.
Thanks for the flashes of what happened during those selective periods you chose to highlight, but I know what I’m talking about

I started the discussion based on an observation from people who are neutral to St Kilda. Just because it happened to be Long is NOT the fkn point!

If we don’t get the little things right like doing what’s best for the team, how the fk do we expect to earn a top 4 spot and potentially add some silverware to the cabinet. Every player needs to wake up to themselves and feedback and analysis has to be honest and impartial

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 4:44pm
Then they might play through him more
…that’s fantastic!!

He gets picked in the team, but players have a really good excuse in your eyes not to pass the footy. By the way…I am only pointing out what was clear to the experts on Footy Classified. Are you disagreeing with Ross the Boss?

Jesus fkn C! Twenty five years from now we’ll be hoping we can have a culture of on field leaders who value each and every player and dish off to the guy with Red White and Black jumper, who has made space and is in the best position to create a scoring opportunity….

No matter what the fk happened in a game last year or during some fkn game 2 or 3 years ago
Don't watch Footy Classified, but I'll take your word for it that Long was in a good position and should have been given the ball. Hopefully he can improve his positioning and be given the ball more often. Let's see eh?
Don't get the reference to games in the past. ??

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 4:48pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 1:34pm Scollop, Greene started the game in the middle then went forward and was picked up by Paton. With 19:10 left in the first Qtr, the camera pans on to Greene with Paton.

With 18:30 to go in the first Qtr against GCS, Paton is seen jogging back to the goal square with Rankine. Long appears to have picked up Holman at the beginning of that match.

It appears Long did play back but I think for his pressure and tackling. I agree if he can be used more by his team mates and create the transition from D50 to F50, especially now Hill is not playing HBF, he'll be invaluable and close to undroppable if he's hitting his targets.
Thanks for the flashes of what happened during those selective periods you chose to highlight, but I know what I’m talking about

I started the discussion based on an observation from people who are neutral to St Kilda. Just because it happened to be Long is NOT the fkn point!

If we don’t get the little things right like doing what’s best for the team, how the fk do we expect to earn a top 4 spot and potentially add some silverware to the cabinet. Every player needs to wake up to themselves and feedback and analysis has to be honest and impartial
Easy mate, the plan was Paton to take Greene & Rankine. I'm sorry if it's against your claims. I'm sure your snapshots can prove me wrong. Wasn't it about fkn Long? My apologies if I miscontrued your argument.