Tim Taranto Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sks023
Club Player

Re: Tim Taranto Footy Classified

older saint wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 3:46pm
sks023 wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 6:13pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 6:01pm
sks023 wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 5:35pm
older saint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 4:00pm
sks023 wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 11:10am
older saint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 10:53am Throws some names up for some of the speculation above :

- Defenders - Webster /Long . Long tough and breaks lines but disposal and decision making ?? - would be ready made replacement for Saad.
- Carlisle - GWs would be interested as Davis cannot stay on the filed more than 3 games in a row and is getting on. Lost Shaw and without Davis lacks leadership down back
- Lonie - got to give to get. Probably bets season so far but Butler ahead of him comfortably. Have Gresham to come back also who cans wing between on ball and forward .
- Dunstan - Grunt player GWS needs rather than a midfield of Ferraris. Would help guys like Kelly from getting smashed week in week out.

Just throwing up some names which could bring in specific needs identified talent.

Got to give to get
Throwing Longs name up....REALLY!
That's insane!
82% disposal eff
Don't rate his decision making under pressure, glad to be proved wrong .
Your making the claim so the burden is on you to provide the proof :roll:
Without weighing in on the topic, he’s presenting it as an opinion as opposed to a fact...
Given that it’s a subjective topic, hows he supposed to prove it?

Exactly!, So why is he asking to be proved wrong ?
He questioned Longs disposal yet he goes at 82%. That's not subjective it's a fact
Think someone needs to go to spec savers [ a subjective opinion }
Couldn't help but get personal but that's fine, what ever floats your boat.
I said decision making as well as disposal. Lets look at how they get efficient disposal stat- If the ball doesn't go to the opposition it is efficient. Carlisle last night at one stage had 100% efficiency yet 2 of his kicks landed short of their targets, so that stat however is still considered efficient.

How do I prove decision making , not sure. Like someone pointed out it is an opinion - and like a part of the anatomy we all have one , just some think theirs is better than others.
Ok! fine I except your opinion. Now getting back to facts, Long is 22yrs old and required player who's going to be playing with STK in the foreseeable future

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
older saint
SS Life Member

sks023 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 5:54pm
older saint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 10:53am Throws some names up for some of the speculation above :

- Defenders - Webster /Long . Long tough and breaks lines but disposal and decision making ?? - would be ready made replacement for Saad.
- Carlisle - GWs would be interested as Davis cannot stay on the filed more than 3 games in a row and is getting on. Lost Shaw and without Davis lacks leadership down back
- Lonie - got to give to get. Probably bets season so far but Butler ahead of him comfortably. Have Gresham to come back also who cans wing between on ball and forward .
- Dunstan - Grunt player GWS needs rather than a midfield of Ferraris. Would help guys like Kelly from getting smashed week in week out.

Just throwing up some names which could bring in specific needs identified talent.

Got to give to get
That's insane!
82% disposal eff
Without weighing in on the topic, he’s presenting it as an opinion as opposed to a fact...

He questioned Longs disposal yet he goes at 82%. That's not subjective it's a fact
I said decision making as well as disposal. Lets look at how they get efficient disposal stat- If the ball doesn't go to the opposition it is efficient. Carlisle last night at one stage had 100% efficiency yet 2 of his kicks landed short of their targets, so that stat however is still considered efficient.

How do I prove decision making , not sure. Like someone pointed out it is an opinion - and like a part of the anatomy we all have one , just some think theirs is better than others.
Ok! fine I except your opinion. Now getting back to facts, Long is 22yrs old and required player who's going to be playing with STK in the foreseeable future
Most likely yes, but if GWs said we want first rounder, Long for Taranto I would think not too many would say no.

sks023
Club Player

older saint wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:02am
sks023 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 5:54pm

Got to give to get
That's insane!
82% disposal eff

Most likely yes, but if GWs said we want first rounder, Long for Taranto I would think not too many would say no.
I must be the exception
Taranto is a soft pretty boy If you ask me and I would not trade one Ben Long for two Taranto's

Look out kids, they keep it all hid