Eddie to take over G next week - we cannot let this happen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintmia
Club Player

Eddie to take over G next week - we cannot let this happen

We CANNOT allow too many more of Collingwood in...

Or we MUST barrack the loudest we ever have. I truly believe the crowd has a massive impact, particularly in games like next week...

See article from afl.com.au...

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has called on the AFL to open up next weekend’s grand final replay to members following Saturday's sensational draw between the Pies and St Kilda.

More than 100,000 people packed the MCG, but only a third of those seats were available to members of the two participating clubs.

The Magpies and Saints will resume their battle for the 2010 premiership next Saturday and McGuire said the AFL should make more tickets available for die-hard fans of both clubs, rather than corporate partners or neutral members.

“I think it would be sensational if the members got first crack. I’ll ring [AFL CEO] Andrew Demetriou now and ask him if the members can have first crack at the tickets - the corporates have all had their day,â€

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I'm with Eddie, let the members get first crack at the tickets. With passionate fans, and not theatre-going corporates, the atmosphere will be sensational.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The AFL members and MCC members have just as much right to tickets in their section as club members do in the general public sections...

His idea can and will not happen.

saintmia
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote:I'm with Eddie, let the members get first crack at the tickets. With passionate fans, and not theatre-going corporates, the atmosphere will be sensational.
If members get an unlimited first crack, we will be seriously outnumbered on the day, which is extremely dangerous in my view.

I am happy with the way it is, capped at the same amount for each club. Please AFL dont crack under the pressure from Eddie. Make it fair.[/u]

derby Street
Club Player

We simply must not allow this to happen. Equal tickets for both clubs. Eddie once again being a control freak.

lefty
Club Player

F*** off eddie... 60,000 collingwood fans vs 40,000

If you're going to do it, at least suggest a 50:50 ratio ffs.

There's plenty of people who support both sides that don't have memberships.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'd be rapt if we had 40,000 supporters there.

Give me 30,000 and I'd be stoked!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Just hope the Saints SC ticket holder who sold his tickets for $1000 to collingwood people yesterday decide to use their tickets

Thanks for upsetting the rest of your saints sc members you scum

saintnick12
Club Player

They AFL have already announced that its 41000 between the two clubs.
Eddie was kidding himself.
The AFL and MCC members still have their usual access, plus the other clubs and sponsors will still get some, just that its been scaled back.
At least SC will all get a seat this time.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Just hope the Saints SC ticket holder who sold his tickets for $1000 to collingwood people yesterday decide to use their tickets

From the sound of it they don't deserve to have a ticket next week :evil:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

20,000 St Kilda Members- Social Club, September Saints, Standard Members
20,000 Collingwood Members- Legends Members, Captains Club, Social Club, 10 year + members

AFL Reserve and MCC around 45,000...

That's 85,000, so there's another 15,000 tickets somewhere, am I forgetting something?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:I'm with Eddie, let the members get first crack at the tickets. With passionate fans, and not theatre-going corporates, the atmosphere will be sensational.
I am not with Eddie. What he really wants is for the Pies to have a crowd support advantage.

We shut up the Collingwooooood chant on Saturday each time it happended on saturday and I want this to happen again this Saturday.

Go Saints!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
missgez
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
mullet wrote:Just hope the Saints SC ticket holder who sold his tickets for $1000 to collingwood people yesterday decide to use their tickets

Did you take down the seat numbers? You could report this to the club.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

missgez wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Did you take down the seat numbers? You could report this to the club.
Oh yeah dont worry I know the seat numbers row and everything. Just thought of all the poor buggers on here who were begging for tickets. And yes I will be letting the club know.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Yeah.....nice try Eddie, there's no doubt he's looking for that "Cooooolingwoooood" chant to take over the G, the problem is, does he really think that of their 60,000 members, all of them could afford $142.50 at a minimum?

I'm been serious, that's a lot of money for some people.

Anyways.....piss off Eddie, you flog.

saintnick12
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:20,000 St Kilda Members- Social Club, September Saints, Standard Members
20,000 Collingwood Members- Legends Members, Captains Club, Social Club, 10 year + members

AFL Reserve and MCC around 45,000...

That's 85,000, so there's another 15,000 tickets somewhere, am I forgetting something?
Some will still go to sponsors etc, just not as many as last time. Also the AFl allows every player in the league access to buy two tickets which I'm guessing isn't happening this time.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

My pleasure.

Will get my SC membership and make another grand this week.

Hope it upsets you.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I have four memberships in this house..

Gonna make a killing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
mullet
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

My pleasure.

Will get my SC membership and make another grand this week.

Hope it upsets you.
Hope it makes you feel like a man you will be hearing from the club, complaint already in and being dealt with, might find a ban on your barcode hero

matrix
Saintsational Legend

take no notice
i saw him at the game

he's pulling ya leg