Shane Crawford actually understands football

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Shane Crawford actually understands football

Fantastic read

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5929436068

What about those I'm calling the seven saviours? Robert Eddy, Andrew McQualter, Steven Baker, Jason Blake, Sean Dempster, Farren Ray and Clinton Jones.

People might say I've lost the plot, but they are the negating players who were pivotal in getting the Saints back into the game yesterday.

If you look at the stats sheet, lots of the figures next to the names aren't great and don't excite.

But the value of their contribution, in this case negating some players who have been in scintillating form, needs to be praised.

Without these seven saviours, St Kilda could have been a lost cause.

All these players stuck to their roles and chopped and changed to force their opponents to the sides of the ground where they don't want to go. They confused and frustrated the opposition.

They were totally focused and had a "team first" attitude. I believe without these seven players, the Saints can't win next week.

By no means will the job get easier. Some of their opponents won't play two bad games in a row.

They need to be at their very best if they are to get their elusive premiership.

So, when we think of St Kilda, we always think of their great players, but we don't give enough credit to the guys who bump, chase, harass, tackle and most of all, negate an opponent the way the seven saviours do.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just found that too K

Nice to see someone recognising the ' supposedly lesser" saints who everyone says aren't as good as others bottom 6

recently retired players appear to be giving closer to reality reviews/ responses/ expectations that those who have been out a while-- Ie Crawf and Harley and Cousins

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Crawf may play the dill on TFS but he's no fool......
..and his recent effort from Adelaide to Melbourne to raise money for breat cancer research prove he's a top bloke as well.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Crawf may play the dill on TFS but he's no fool......
..and his recent effort from Adelaide to Melbourne to raise money for breat cancer research prove he's a top bloke as well.
+1

saintmia
Club Player

Well done Crawf.

He wrote an article a few years ago, I think it was on Milney, and I was so impressed.

SaintDebi
Club Player

matrix wrote:
+1
And another +1

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Watch him on The Sunday Football Show and you'll get a better idea of how much he understands footy. He still plays the fool, but if you listen carefully, you'll find that you agree with most things he says - well I do anyway.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Crawford is spot on, but I can't say I'm surprised. He acts like an idiot, just like Sam Newman, but he isn't one.

:wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

+1 again!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!