WE SHOULD BE WEARING OUR HOME JUMPER NEXT WEEK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WE SHOULD BE WEARING OUR HOME JUMPER NEXT WEEK

It's the fair and reasonable thing that should happen!

The filth had their go in their home jumper, now it's our turn!
Last edited by barks4eva on Sun 26 Sep 2010 12:39am, edited 1 time in total.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

exactly what i was thinking on the way home, but we all know it wont happen.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
StPeter
Club Player

It seems we won't.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Agreed, we should!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
snowdelisaint
Club Player

Logically we should. It's ridiculous.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Heard Demetriou announce that teams will wear same strips next week.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Zero chance.

You going to be a twat about this half the week again?

Fair Dinkum.

jenny_fafa

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

confirms uniforms will remain the same

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Bleeding outrage that is.

:shock:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I dont get how they can claim "heritage" home jumper when it was blantantly changed to confirm with Adidas sponsorship guidelines and dropped the middle black stripe to what it is now....

Big next week whatever way

Captain Impossible
Club Player

I'm sorry. But I'm sick of this argument. They were the best home and away side so they get their jumper. We played a draw so it is a replay. Same rules apply.

Stop.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I think it's a disgrace that the AFL are not swapping the home and away jumpers of the competing teams!

Aside from it being the fair, balanced and reasonable thing to do, it also differentiates between the two games!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I can't say i cared at all while watching the game. In fact, I would have been fine with seeing them accept the cup in what they had worn through four epic quarters of footy. Changing just seems kind of lame.

This was always one for the traditionalists though. If only we could steam-train it to the Junction Oval.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SaintTom
Club Player

I was a big advocate for wearing our home strip before the match, but after today I hope it's still our clash jersey for 100 years! Looked fantastic on the boys, still very st kilda and made them look even more 'saintly'. I'm now on the side of not changing jerseys if we wear the cup. Wear that one proudly!

Furphy
Club Player

The "clash" jumper we wore looked much better than the one with the large crest that looks like a basketball shirt.

Sam23
SS Life Member

this old chestnut again?

Because the MCG had their turn this week, should it go to Etihad next week?

Because we drew with the Pies, does that actually mean we finished on top of the ladder?

Seriously, get over it.

They the rules.

Goddard.
saint3d
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:I think it's a disgrace that the AFL are not swapping the home and away jumpers of the competing teams!

Aside from it being the fair, balanced and reasonable thing to do, it also differentiates between the two games!
Someone should introduce you to a full stop.

Anyway they aren't trying to differentiate between the two games. It's a replay.

Is there some kind of home strip advantage I don't know about?

Schillaci
Club Player

I don't have an issue with this at all. The cup is all that matters.
I prefer our traditional strip and having Baldock as our only premiership captain wearing the filth's sucks big ones...yes...but...
The jumpers we wore yesterday are St.Kilda ones too...and not bad ones at that. Plus we can change into the tradition ones after the game for the prizegiving...let's just fight the fight that matters.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Ok, we'd love to see the boys in our home strips but they gave there all yesty in the away strip -which looked good anyway.

I was chatting to a mate about this today. i'm sure that in the drawn 77 GF, the pies wore black shorts in the first game (they were minor premiers) but I'm sure that North wore their blue and the pies white in the replay? Not 100%, would have to search for pics or vision.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I can't say i cared at all while watching the game. In fact, I would have been fine with seeing them accept the cup in what they had worn through four epic quarters of footy. Changing just seems kind of lame.

This was always one for the traditionalists though. If only we could steam-train it to the Junction Oval.
Agree.

If we win the damn thing just keep the clash jumpers on. They will have created their own history.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
vacuous space wrote:I can't say i cared at all while watching the game. In fact, I would have been fine with seeing them accept the cup in what they had worn through four epic quarters of footy. Changing just seems kind of lame.

Agree.

If we win the damn thing just keep the clash jumpers on. They will have created their own history.
Yep, changing it indicates we are ashamed of it or something.

I personally think it looks awesome. As someone else said, we look more Saintly, and noble.

In fact, I reckon if we win a flag in the thing, it should be our clash jumper forever more.

saintnick12
Club Player

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Agree.

I personally think it looks awesome. As someone else said, we look more Saintly, and noble.

In fact, I reckon if we win a flag in the thing, it should be our clash jumper forever more.
I agree with this too. I thought during the week it sounded a bit lame, but after being that close to winning I can definately say i would have wanted them to stay in that jumper for the presentation.

And if we win, it should remain our away strip for years to come.

They can take other photos of them in the home jumper with the cup, but the official photos should be in the jumper they win in. Imagine the sales would go through the roof too.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Agree.

Exactly.

To win the flag in this strip and to then call for changes is ludicrous.

If we're in front when the final siren sounds next Saturday then keep it for good!

markp
Saintsational Legend

This is turning into a good thread!

I hope the Club reads it and takes note....

Thanks B4E!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

LOVE THE TRADITIONAL STRIP

ACCEPT THE RULES (for now)

MOVE ON

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!